This resort is not the fanciest but so long as it go into it with a realistic mind set, then you'll be fine! Here's a break down:
Location: about a 15 minute ride to the airport which means you're on the beach sooner! This was especially nice when we departed at 735am and had to leave the hotel at 445am...could've been worse....could've been a 1.5/2 hour ride from Ocho Rios. It's a quick cab ride to Hip Strip and probably 90 mins to Negril but close to Dunn River, Martha Brae, Falmouth, etc.
Rooms: perfectly average. I think our room felt very spacious as it could've fit two queens but it had one king but a sitting area with a love seat couch. Unfortunately we were close to the road which was very noisy - I think would be an issue in any building as the hotel is not off the highway at all. I would recommend to bring ear plugs because of traffic and the birds are night - very vocal!
Beach/Pools: great! The beach is lovely and quite big. We were there for the last week of January and we'd normally hit the beach between 9/10am and would always find a lawn chair...however if it was the busy times I can definitely see how it'd be difficult to find one. I think the beach is also great for kids (not that we have any) as its not deep and it seems all the little ones were safe and having fun. It's really nice that there is an adult pool and beach too...
Food: not the worst but definitely could've been better. Everything was edible and I have no exact complaint but I know it can be improved. There could've been more veggies at dinners, more salad bar options. I really liked the omelette and pasta bar...the cooks at these stations were amazing! I'd probably give the food 2.5 out of 5.
We went to the Jamaican restaurant and Seafood restaurant. Jamaican was great and in a good location to watch the nightly shows. Seafood was also good but the building it's in is odd (feels like a spare kitchen, not a real restaurant) and there's also a $20 surcharge for some meal choices.
We both loved the burger bar and jus kidding food hut for afternoon snacks.
All the bars are great and so are all the bar staff!
Staff: super! There were some "Jamaican time" moments where you'd ask for something and they'd take a long time to get it...and no, they weren't busy doing other things...you'd see them wander around and then chat to friends. But everyone is friendly and nice!
Activities/Entertainment: nightly shows are fun...especially the steel drum show!
The water actives are well...kind of lame. Snorkelling, paddling boating, and sea kayaking are all free and none of them were good. There wasn't much to see in the water around the resort and with the kayak/paddle boat you had to stay in this shallow, roped off area....so shallow we actually hot the kayak stuck on a sandy area.
Overall, I would return if/when I have a family but if I can afford it, I'd go somewhere a bit fancier. I would recommend this place to family/friends but let them know its a solid 3/3.5 stars.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- *All rates displayed are All-Inclusive* When comparing Jamaica hotels, consider the All-Inclusive Holiday Inn SunSpree Resort Hotel-Montego Bay Jamaica. After an extensive renovation, this favorite Montego Bay hotel looks fantastic! The renewed color theme throughout the hotel will help you kick off your Jamaica vacation. A newly refreshed lobby, enhanced guestrooms with flat screen TV's, restaurants, beach and swimming and sunning areas make this Jamaica hotel better than ever. This Jamaica resort is located approximately 7 minutes from the Montego Bay International Airport. We offer an array of services as well as optional tours. Our wedding coordinator can help you plan your dream Caribbean wedding. Please look at our package page for more information. Conference facilities available. Children activity centre from 6 months to 12 years. The All- Inclusive Caribbean vacation includes room, non-motorized water sports, three delicious meals and snacks - buffet or a la carte. Please note: Some restaurants are not open every day and require reservations. See food and beverage section for schedules. Local brand cocktails and soft drinks. *Must advise arrival flight in info field when making reservations. Taxes and service charges included. Our property offers a courtesy lounge with luggage storage area and shower facilities. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with IHG, Orbitz, Expedia, BookIt.com, Cheap Tickets, Despegar.com, Hotels.com, Agoda, Booking.com, TripOnline SA and Tingo so you can book your Holiday Inn SunSpree Resort Montego Bay reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Sunspree Jamaica
- Montego Bay Holiday Inn
- Holiday Inn Jamaica
- Holiday Inn Rose Hall
- Rose Hall Holiday Inn
- Holiday Inn Sunspree Montego Bay Jamaica
- Holiday Inn Montego Bay Jamaica
- Holiday Inn Sunspree Resort Jamaica