“Wonderful!!!” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #9 of 84 Activities in Montego Bay
Type: Tours
More attraction details
Attraction Details
Owner description: With over 17 years of experience, we at Jamisland Tours have a wealth of experience in the ground transportation service in Jamaica. We are certified with the Jamaica Tourist Board ever since our operations started.Our services include a wide range of Tours to the Tourist Mecca’s of Jamaica, Montego Bay, Negril, Ocho Rios, and Port Antonio. We also provide services in the form of Excursions, Weddings, Historical Tours and Airport Transfers to all points on the island.
San Antonio, Texas
“Wonderful!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 14, 2013

My mom and I wanted to go to the Craft's Market in Motego Bay. Morris was our driver and he was absolutely wonderful!!!! He was a very cautious driver and stopped at a local shop to get my mom coconut water that she never tasted before. He was also gracious enough to share his mangos with us. He provided us with some history about his country and it was very informative. Once we arrived at the Craft's Market, he stayed near us and let us shop around. My mom and I found great things at the Crafts Market in Montego Bay.

Visited June 2013

Astoria, New York, USA
“Morris was fantastic!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 6, 2013

My friend and I were on vacation at the Grand Palladium in May 2013, and we wanted to do a trip to Negril to do some shopping, sightseeing, and Rick's Cafe. We lucked out and met Morris at our hotel, and he told us he would take us. Boy did we luck out. First of all, it was just my friend and I (2 girls) and Morris made us feel completely comfortable and at ease. We left the hotel at 11am and Morris took us up through the mountainside and showed us some local plants, foods (we got sugar cane from someone selling it on the side of the road), sites, and told us about some history and current events of Jamaica. He was very informative without going into excessive detail. He let us basically dictate what we wanted to do. After stopping for some pictures on the mountaintop and some beers in town, we headed to the beach for a bit. We stopped at a shop for some "tourist" type items (coffee, rum cake, knickknacks, etc.) and then headed to a local spot for a late lunch. Then we headed into town and hit up a jewelry shop, which he had said we wanted to do. He took us to an ATM which dispensed US Dollars (very helpful). After that, we headed to Rick's Café, and he let us stay until the sun set. We didn't end up returning to the hotel until after 8pm (originally he told us it would be about a 5-6 hour tour), but he was in no rush for us to return. He said we could take our time and just enjoy, and he seemed very sincere about this. Our stuff was kept locked in the (air conditioned) van/bus at all times when we weren't with it. Overall, it was a fantastic day, and I would highly recommend Morris and Jamisland Tours to anyone wanting to see Jamaica outside of their hotel. Morris was very nice, amenable, and just very pleasant to spend the day with. When I return to Jamaica, I will definitely be using his services again. And to top it all off, it was extremely reasonable and more than worth every penny. In all my travels throughout the Caribbean, this was my favorite sightseeing tour. Jamisland Tours is a MUST!

St. John's, Canada
“Day Trip with Friends”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 17, 2013

We were lucky to have our friend Morris with us on our day trip to Negril and Rick's Cafe He made it fun and we had time to shop and relax with no pressure. A safe driver and very friendly. Prices very reasonable, no extra charges We all had a great day. I highly recommend him

St. John's, Canada
“GREAT TOUR GUIDE”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 16, 2013

The best tour guide ever.There was 26 of us there from newfoundland that wanted to see Negril, Ricks cafe and go shopping. Morris looked after all of us.There were no timme limits, no rushing around and plenty of time to watch the beautiful sunset at Ricks cafe with time to eat. We never arrived back to the Grand Palladium until 9 pm . Would recommend Morris to anybody . Morris gave us a tour that not only lasted a day but will last forever.Thanks Morris

Buffalo, New York, United States
“Great Trip To Negril!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 29, 2013

Morris took us from The Grand Palladium in Lucea to Ricks Cafe in Negril on April 22, 2013! There were 14 people in our party! We had an excellent trip, Morris was an excellent guide. The bus was clean and the A/C worked excellent!!! He made stops along our way so we could shop for souvenirs. He was very knowledgeable about the area and he seemed genuinely excited to tell you about all of the sights and the history of the places we were driving through. Once at Rick's Morris told us don't worry about picking a time to meet him, he will see us and pick us right up, and that is exactly how it went!! Our party stepped out the front door of Rick's and within 5 min Morris was there ready to shuttle us back to our hotel. The pricing for the trip was extremely reasonable! As a side bar my finacé and I are planning a destination wedding and we are considering Jamaica as one of our possible destinations. Morris offered to help us arrange anything we need should we decide on Jamaica for our wedding!! Great Guide, Great Price, Great Service.

Visited April 2013