“Amazing Dives, Incredible Staff” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #17 of 82 activities in Montego Bay
Type: Tours
More attraction details
Attraction Details
Owner description: Dressel Divers is a company with various dive centres in many different countries. We provide all levels of PADI courses: From Recreational Diver all the way to Instructor Training. Nevertheless, we respect the wants and needs of each client with respect to all existing dive organizations or federations and offer the services of almost all of them (SSI – NAUI – IDA – NASDS – YMCA – ACUC – CEMAS –- PDIC, etc). At present, the company is made up of an international team of multi-lingual instructors, coming from all over the world.In all Dressel Diving centres you will find the highest standard of technology in diving equipment. We take pride in offering personal service to each and every client, with many of them becoming new diving friends, that will plan their next vacation in one of our diving centres, coming back to relive the pleasant experience of their first trip. One of our main missions is to provide, during your vacations, a service of unbeatable courtesy and kindness.
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, United States
“Amazing Dives, Incredible Staff”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 7, 2013

I researched Dressel Divers before going to Montego Bay and setup our pool check, shallow dive, equipment rental, and Montego Bay Dive Trip online to receive the 20% discount. There was some confusion about the times of the dives, but Dressel accommodated us perfectly. It was much appreciated that they took us at a non-standard time. We are two 25 year olds that received our certification one year ago in the Dominican Republic and the pool check was great reminder of the most important diving aspects. Max was our pool check guy, and we felt very comfortable about diving after that.

Jose took us on our shallow dive (56 feet) to Coral Gardens. It was just me, my g/f, and Jose, floating along in the ocean. Jose blew us away. We saw a huge nurse shark laying on the ocean floor which we got very close to (about 5 feet). We also saw another, much larger shark in a cave that we weren't really willing to enter, but we knew he was there. Jose pointed out so many things - 8 lobsters, lion fish, amazing coral. He advised me after the dive that we stayed down longer than normal and deeper than normal since he felt comfortable with our abilities. This gave me and my g/f, two very new divers, a great confidence boost. Jose was amazing and much thanks goes out to him for fulfilling a lifelong dream of swimming in the wild with sharks. My g/f was even comfortable with the sharks, never had a worry.

Since we completed a shallow dive, we decided to do the Montego Bay Dive Trip which includes a morning dive at the Montego Bay Marine Park by the airport, lunch on a private beach, and a trip to Margaritaville. We arrived in the morning to be surprised there would only be 6 of us on the tour (plus staff) and we were the only divers. The other 4 patrons went snorkeling in the same area. Max was our guide and asked if we wanted to do Widow Maker (google it) or a shallower diver. We decided to do Widow Maker (90 foot wall dive with small cave and chimney shoot). Again, we are new divers and this was considered an advanced dive, but Max made us feel very safe and confident that we'd be able to do it. We were stunned by the wall descending into the deep and the chimney shoot at the end of the cave. We were also lucky enough to see two gigantic eagle rays and many unique fish. Back on the boat, there is Red Stripe and enough rum to get the whole boat drunk. Jack was with us too and he made us laugh non-stop. Since there were only 6 of us, plus Max, Jack, the captain, and the camera guy, we had a pretty intimate lunch which was very cool. We had great conversation and many drinks with people from around the world. This was the highlight of our trip. Margaritaville was cool and the shopping is plentiful.

If you are diving in Montego Bay, you must call Dressel. Although we only really got close to Jose, Max, and Jack, all of the other staff seemed fun and knowledgeable. Safety is always paramount when diving and I always felt safe and under control. These guys are some of the best of the best. Much thanks goes out to Dressel for an amazing experience. We WILL be back again.

Visited July 2013

Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
“Awesome kayaking and snorkeling trip”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 6, 2013

We went on a 3 hour excursion where went kayaking and snorkeling in and around mangrove bay. Our guide on the trip, Jack (real named was Clayon - not sure I'm spelling that right) was fantastic. We had a family of six with kids ranging from 14 to 5. He made us all feel very comfortable and safe. When my 5 year old was scared to snorkel, he stayed with her on the ring and had his partners dive down and get her souvenirs from the ocean floor. He was absolutely great. If you go on any of these trips ask for him.

Vic

Visited July 2013
Chicago, Illinois
“Amazing!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 2, 2013

My fiancee and I traveled to Montego Bay for a wedding and decided to get our open water diver certification while we were there. We began our certification (classroom session and pool dives) in our hometown of Chicago, then completed the referral course (open water dives) with Dressel Divers. We had a small window in which to get everything completed, and they were so flexible and accommodating--I couldn't imagine a more enjoyable experience. All of the staff members we worked with were so awesome, friendly, knowledgeable, experienced, and safe. Marie, Gary, Jose, and Craig--YOU GUYS ROCK!! We loved earning our scuba certification with you. If we could change anything about our experience, we would have stayed longer so we could go out on more dives with Dressel Divers Montego Bay!

Hackensack, New Jersey, United States
“Incredible experience”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 27, 2013

I just returned from my first time in Jamaica for a destination wedding. Coming from a recommendation I went on several dives and my experience was nothing short of fantastic. They were able to work with my schedule and fit several dives in. I had not taken a dive in several years and although I was PADI certified, after a short pool refresher course, I felt comfortable and able to dive again. I then same day took my first dive which was great. The following day they waited for me as I was delayed to a hotel safe problem and I was able to do my second dive the morning of the wedding with ample time to return and prepare. Mary at the front desk took pictures before our dive and attached them to facebook right on the spot!
My dive instructor, Jose, coordinator, Mary, photographer/manager Jacobo and the staff at Dressel were fantastic! I hadn't gone diving in several years and everyone was so helpful and pleasant! I hope our paths cross again

Houston, Texas
“Open Water Certification/Discover Dive”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 23, 2013

My husand and son got their PADI open water certification and my daughter did 3 discover scuba dives during our trip to Jamaica. They were so happy and felt that there were not enough days to enjoy the diving. The Dressel Instructors and crew were amazing. The service was excellent. The negative side.... my husband and son are hooked on diving!!!!
Thanks to the crew at Dressel Divers Jamaica and especially Criag! You made our trip aweseome!

-The Alba Family