“Paradise Meets Hospitality” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #11 of 63 Hotels in Montego Bay
Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
“Paradise Meets Hospitality”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed yesterday NEW

My husband and I celebrated our ten year anniversary at Wild Orchid last week. We have stayed at several all-inclusive resorts in the Caribbean, and this property takes the cake. Natalya and Camille at check-in made us feel instantly welcome, went above and beyond to answer our questions/re-arrange our departure transport, and coordinated our reservations at the spa and hibachi restaurant (the only one on site requiring a reservation). Our room was spotless and expertly maintained by both housekeeping and the nightly turn down service. Anything needed from the front desk, or room service, was exceedingly prompt. The wait staff on the beach sparkled with personality. One young man in particular, named Leo, entered every morning to a raucous chorus from guests he'd waited on the day before. I have rarely seen more hustle, better work ethic, or commitment to giving a job 110 percent than exemplified by this young man! Not to be outshined by Leo, Ri-Ri and Romaine also went the extra mile to ensure each guest had what they wanted. We ate in each of the restaurants and were very pleased with the quality and presentation of the food. Authenticity is as expected for a resort setting, but definitely above average. The young man managing the hibachi restaurant deserves definite kudos for his attention to an oversight and gracious reparation. I visited the spa and enjoyed the hydrotherapy and a 90 minute neck, shoulder, back massage. Ask for Hayden and Phyllis (masseuse) if possible. This was the massage dreams are made of. Truly top-notch. We opted for the Club Mombay option for departure and it was worth every penny. Next time we visit Jamaica we will purchase passes for arrival as well. The queue at customs was horrendous and consumed two hours of our vacation.

• Stayed October 2014, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,331)
Norcross, Georgia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 days ago NEW via mobile

We stayed at the Wild Orchid Preferred Club. Our room was amazing, loved the decor, the jetted tub and wonderful shower. The staff was exceptional and very helpful. Food and drinks were always available and pretty good. There is several restaurants on this resort, plus a piano bar and nightclub where we heard the worst karaoke singers in our lives....it was hilarious. The resort had great singers for entertainment through out the resort. The only issue I had was the very slow checkin. We spoke with other couples and they had the same complaint. However, check out was quick and easy. We loved this resort and I would highly recommend this location for your next stay.

Stayed October 2014, traveled as a couple
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 days ago NEW

Wonderful trip from start to finish! From Joseph and Hopeton greeting us as we arrived to O'Shane serving us at lunch, Miguel serenading us at breakfast, Colleen kept our room immaculate, and Marlon cooking the BEST hibachi our stay here was FANTASTIC! Our wedding was just the two of us but could not have been more perfect! Every detail was taken care of. We had our photographs taken afterwards by Noel and he was so great! We were very impressed with the results! We will definitely be back!!!

Stayed October 2014, traveled as a couple
New York City, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 days ago NEW

Our first trip to Jamaica - easy 20 minute taxi from the airport. Great warm welcome with a drink, easy checkin without the hectic feeling of a big resort lobby.

Upgraded to the Preferred section - which is very quiet, and as it's own small pool and beach. Room was big, modern and super clean.

Food is was good and plentiful - I am generally not an all inclusive person, but this place has many choices, all of which are at least pretty good.

Pool and beach area is perfect - not crowded and great service from the guys by the pool and the waitstaff overall. Tipping not required, but a dollar here and there goes a long way.

One thing - if you are looking for wild nightlife, this is not your place - it's pretty sleepy by about 11:30 pm.

I'd stay here again in a heartbeat.

Room Tip: Preferred section is great - closer to the resturants, smaller building and more intimate. Awesome...
  • Stayed October 2014, traveled with friends
Belleville, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 days ago NEW

I stayed here October 16-20, 2014. I was by myself in a wheelchair. I expected little assistance and did not count on it, but was amazed with how caring the staff was, how often doors were opened, how many offered help, and didn't just walk away when I said I was fine - they stayed to assist making sure I could get where I was going and many insisted on helping. More about the resort after remarking on individuals:

Nordia in Concierge services was very patient and helpful upon arrival, answering all my questions and taking time to be certain I had all I needed.
JaVon the room service waiter who carries the tray on his head, was very helpful and entertaining as well! Awesome service!
Alvin the bartender at Oceana took really good care of me, making room at the bar, and keeping me supplied with various drinks, as well as keeping me in the conversation so I felt like a VIP.
Leo the bar waiter/bartender, was quite entertaining, keeping us laughing,
Audley saved me from serious problems when he insisted I needed to get my wheelchair back toward shelter indicating hard rain was coming. I scoffed, but listened, and was so glad I did - we got a bad thunderstorm and I would have been in trouble if he hadn't insisted. I owe him!!
Nakeisha made me feel welcome at the buffet, even though she was never my server.
Myra took care of my room and did a great job. She had to keep getting me things that were missing from my room, which meant a lot of extra work for her!
Angela and Norman did a great painting class for a fee one day. Would love to see this as part of the program here, and offered more often! Enjoyed that very much!

As far as the resort, they put me near the lobby, which meant close to everything. I liked that. I had a nice view of the pool and distant of the ocean and could walk just a few steps and grab a lounge by the pool. I think Preferred would have been much nicer since those get special cabana chairs, more privileges, and closer to the restaurants and entertainment, but I was very happy.

Pool was well kept - I saw them cleaning it regularly. Pool area was kept swept and clean. Towels were always available, and I never had trouble finding a lounge chair.

I had one of the least expensive rooms in the place, and it was lovely! One of the nicest I've seen in all my resort visits! However, curtains were torn, and some of the furniture worn, but overall, quite nice. Quite large, with a Jacuzzi tub, couch and table, desk, separate room for toilet and one for shower, nice balcony with table and chair. Room and balcony well lit and felt safe. Safe was big enough for all my important stuff and included in the price.

Food was great. Buffet had many choices, including an egg station at breakfast, a sandwich station and pasta station for lunch, numerous choices. I had dinner at the Italian and Japanese. Italian was not as good as I hoped, but the Japanese was above my expectations and made up for that.

Spa has a hydrotherapy pool, sauna, steam room, and my massage was wonderful.

My snorkel was amazing, and our guide kept us at ease when we went through a very large (I would guess thousands) of box jelly fish, as well as a school of moon jelly fish. I think not panicking saved us from injury and he did a great job. On the other hand, if he knew they were there and took us through anyway, shame on him! Regardless, the snorkel was worth it because I was well taken care of prior to and during, and saw many creatures I had not seen in numerous prior snorkels elsewhere, or even on scuba dives.

My only wish is that boat snorkeling, sailing, and a few other activities would be included in the price.

I found this resort to be an upscale all inclusive perfect for couples looking for a quieter romantic place (plenty of quiet areas) with some of the best staff in Jamaica! Thanks for a GREAT stay!!

Room Tip: Go for the Preferred Club rooms for better amenities. If can't, don't worry, others are won...
  • Stayed October 2014, traveled solo
Watford, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 days ago NEW

I Have already written a review but forgot ...very importantly to mention a lady whom actually addressed my only gripe but diminished it before it actually became a problem. MARLENE DIXON
If you are able to read this..THANK YOU. I was fussing about a t/shirt that I had won and this lady saw to it that this customer did not leave the resort with absolutely NO complaints ..(I always have at least one)
NOT A THING...this hotel is expensive and exceeds any and every budget but I have been on the website since trying to find a suitalble time to revisit..
No 2 ways ..DEFINATELY RETURNING!!!

• Stayed September 2014, traveled as a couple
London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 days ago NEW

We arrived back 18/10 after a week at Secrets. We stayed in the Preferred side of Wild Orchid and had a great week. Few tips.

The Mosquitos will get you so be prepared with repellent and bite relief cream.
The 3 piece band that play outside breakfast a couple of times a week also play at Barracuda bar lunch time on a Friday. They are great, very entertaining and well worth an hour of your time. If you see them at breakfast take time to listen to them, not just walk by.
The beach is fairly small, but during our visit wasn't too busy.
There were loads of free beds every day.
The pool side team were very helpful.
The whole place is set up as an all-inclusive resort. You can eat and drink pretty much 24/7.
The piano bar has a great vibe in the evening. Well worth a visit (or three).
I never felt like anything was too much trouble.
Room was good size, comfortable bed, TV, etc.
No one 'expects' a tip but if you want to, then drop the bar staff, waiters, etc. a few dollars. You won't get treated any worse if you don't. Its personal choice.

Our week was great, but as always it has to be what you make it. Take time to talk to the staff and if you find anything wrong then address it when you are at the resort, not when you've come home.

Room Tip: go for the top floor. My preference would not to get a ground floor pool walk out as everyone can se...
  • Stayed October 2014, traveled as a couple

Been to Secrets Wild Orchid Montego Bay? Share your experiences!