“Jamaica Memories” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #11 of 63 hotels in Montego Bay
Washington DC, District of Columbia
“Jamaica Memories”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed today NEW

I have nothing to say but positive things about this resort and its staff. We traveled July 5-8 2014. Christene Soutar and Nadia were absolutely pleasant from the time we arrived to the time we left. The food was soooo good. Our favorite restaurant was Blue Mountain and Hitmishu. They had several others that were also nice. The night life was indescribable. You had live bands on the outdoor stage and if you weren't quite yet tired you had Club Desire to dance the night away. Room service and the private pool outside the patio door was refreshing (preferred club). The drink of the day was always good. The beach and resort was clean. You must go for yourself, because I could type all night. We did not want to go home.

The only thing we regret was leaving the resort. We asked the approved taxi driver on the resort to take us shopping. He charged us $60 to go 15 minutes up the street and instead of a mall or strip mall we were taken to mom and pop shops that were extremely expensive. So i would advise to just stay on the resort.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple

3,143 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,149)
4 of 5 stars Reviewed yesterday NEW

My husband & I went here for our honeymoon in March 2013 and I miss it so much! It was such a wonderful trip, and we didn't even leave the resort. I tell people ALL of the time how much I loved it & recommend this place.
We emailed and had a transportation service recommended to us and they were so nice & entertaining! The check in process took a little while, but the ladies were very nice, gave us some champagne while we waited. You could tell there were people unhappy about waiting but you are in Jamaica so relax!
Our room was everything I expected. Our tub did not work, but we never remembered to tell the front desk because of all the time we spent at the restaurants and outside. Who wants a giant tub when you have the beautiful ocean outside?? My only complaint is the interior of the room was a little dark, but it was very clean (and I'm slightly a germaphobe). My husband enjoyed plugging in his ipod (even though I suffered thru his music, lol)
The FOOD...wow. My fav was the french toast...ate it EVERY DAY seriously...think I gained 10lbs. But the restaurants were fantastic, the service staff was so friendly & we ate at all the different places except the Japanese. I hear from people all the time how their trip was bad at other resorts just because of the bad food.
The BEACH... so large and so many places to just lay out. If you want to get a good place, be sure to head out there earlier in the AM, because chairs fill up quickly. The pools were nice, but we never swam in them, the beach was just too pretty. There were lots of jellyfish but the staff was doing a good job of keeping them out of the way. Oh and there was the 2 peacocks wandering about freely...which we affectionately named Fred & Ethel.
My favorite part of our trip was the people, even outside of the resort. I'm sure there are some bad ones, but we never met any. Everyone is friendly and personable, very relaxed and helpful at the same time. Next time I hope to venture out and see more of the island and culture, since we aren't very into the touristy things.
I would very much recommend this resort (or it's neighbor St. James) to anyone going on vacation. It wasn't cheap, but you got well worth your money.

Room Tip: We had a ground floor room, which I would have liked something higher. We had asked for a third floo...
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Stroudsburg, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 days ago NEW

We just returned from this resort (6/28 through 7/3/14, and we had a most wonderful time!! There are a variety of restaurants with delicious food for every taste. One of our favorite restaurants was "Oceana"; we went there for lunch and a few dinners. Margaret is the Manager there and she is an extremely warm, caring person. She runs a wonderful, restful, romantic restaurant.
Our room was beautiful, overlooking one of the pools and the Carribbean Sea. All of the staff was very helpful and caring. We love the Jamaican people!
We had fun both in the pools and in the sea. There are fish to see without scuba equipment. But I wish we had brought our scuba gear.

Room Tip: Almost all of the rooms overlook one pool or another, as well as the sea. We stayed at the Preferre...
Las Vegas, Nevada, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 days ago NEW

This hotel is a gem! Clean, gated, safe and only minutes from the airport. My girfriend and Iwanted to go on a trip and simply relax. And we did! All day long, we stayed by the pool and beach. We never had a desire to leave the property. Secrets Wild Orchid and Secrets St. James share several pools, 9 restaurants, 9 bars, a spa, fitness center and outdoor court and water sport activities. It is all inclusive, whiech means we had unlimited drinks and food all day and can eat at any of their incredible restaurants. There are a lot of employees here to attend your needs, requests, etc EVERYONE is happy and friendly. We were there for Canada Day and Independence Day and the resort had celebrations for both holidays. So much fun!!! We didn't explore the rest of Jamaica but the hotel was amazing, pretty, filled with hospitality. Do you like chocolate chip cookies??? Well, if you walk the resort, you will find a dish of them at almost every turn! You will not regret staying here.

Room Tip: Our room had a nice view of the pool and the sea. We had a Jr. King suit and it was plenty. Nice b...
Bordentown, New Jersey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 days ago NEW

I stayed at Secrets St. James June 28-July 5, 2014 with a group of 8. We spent a lot of time at Secrets Wild Orchid, however, so we could sit in Leo's section on the beach. This was my 5th trip to Jamaica, and 2nd trip to Secrets. The first thing I tell people about Jamaica is how wonderful the people are and how attentive and thoughtful the staff is. In 2011 we met a bar server named Leo on our honeymoon who exceeded all of our expectations when it comes to service, entertainment, and even a just good conversation. I have to say that he is one of the reasons we returned to Secrets, and this time we brought 6 friends with us. Sitting on the beach, we always knew when Leo arrived without even looking. We'd hear, "OOOOh baby, tonight's gonna be a good night!!" with his signature peacock call. He knows how to get the good times flowing. I rarely even saw him take a drink order, but he doesn't need to, he just brings large trays of drinks and shares the love. And his drinks are GOOD! Good luck getting his recipes, though, they're secret, and delicious. Leo is such a hard worker and does not stop moving. As a matter of fact, he's all over the place cracking jokes, cleaning up, serving drinks in the water in a suit, mixing drinks, like Speedy Gonzalez. Another thing I noticed, is that Leo really loves his job and treats every customer with the same enthusiasm. I consider Leo a friend and hope to see him again soon. I thought he deserved his own review because he MADE a lot of people's day just during the weeks we saw him there.

There was one other person who really stood out at this resort as an extremely hard worker and that was Crisna at the SSJ pool bar. This man held down the pool bar by himself for HOURS (about 5, maybe more!) and was pumping out good drinks by the minute. The whole time Crisna was sweating his butt off, taking orders, cleaning glasses, and always had a smile and a good attitude. I've never seen a bartender work like that in the US. Ask for his specialty, "The Crazy Cris." One day everyone in the pool was drinking those.

Obviously, since we're repeat guests, we love this resort. The place is modern, clean, and every angle you look has an amazing backdrop. The food in 2014 was even better than I remembered in 2011. Top notch everything. If you can, go there over a holiday. Their holiday presentations are beyond compare. You won't believe the lengths they go to to throw a party! On the 4th of July there was a parade, huge decorations, fireworks, a huge beach party, caricatures, special American buffet and shows, live DJ all day, and even Elvis came!

Room Tip: Choose an upper floor for the best views. Preferred Club is a good choice for people who are looking...
Dallas, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 days ago NEW

My husband and I have stayed 2 years in a row at Secrets Wild Orchid for our anniversary. The resort exceeded our expectations the 1st trip and we could not wait to return!! We have raved about the resort to our friends with new accommodations, fabulous nightly reggae entertainment, wonderful restaurants, and beautiful beaches and pools. The hotel is close enough to the airport for a faster commute but far enough away where it is not in the flight path. Consider always booking a taxi through the hotel with Cordel Jenkins versus the shuttle for efficiency, and you will appreciate his individual service on checkout to the airport. Leo Anderson at the pool bar made us and all the guests in the area feel like VIPs with his courtesy and promptness. Leo offered non-stop entertainment day after day and is the best there is! We both travel quite a bit and highly recommend the hotel as the best adult all-inclusive! We wish Secrets' sister property would consider building a family resort in Jamaica so we could share these type of amenities and service with our daughters. We are already planning our next visit!!

• Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
Batavia, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 days ago NEW

We just got back from Jamaica and I can't tell you enough about it. The hotel and people working there were nothing short of amazing. We didn't come across ONE rude person the entire trip. Every worker/bartender/spa worker/waiter/waitress was more than pleasant. We were always greeted with a smile. I often wished (and still do) that people in America had the same attitude as the Jamaican's.

There were many people that made our trip as great as it was but 2 people definitely stood out to me. Go find Leo by the bar. I promise you won't regret it. He has so much energy. He's full of life. He's a great person, fun, funny, personable and great at his job. He makes the whole experience even better. He interacts with people like I've never seen and I mean that in the best way possible. He makes you feel like you're the most import person/couple on the beach. He always took care of us. Make sure you order a dirty banana from him. He makes the best one ever.

Also, go see Rayon at Portofino, the Italian restaurant. He's wonderful! He's so friendly and a wonderful waiter. Probably the best we've ever had! Out of all the restaurants at the resort, the Italian restaurant was by far the best. Thanks again Rayon!

This was our honeymoon and its was a lot more money than we'll probably ever spend again on a vacation. But, if I were to go anywhere in the world again, I'd definitely go to Jamaica. Where else can you be with the happiest people on earth and be in paradise at the same time?

• Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple

Been to Secrets Wild Orchid Montego Bay? Share your experiences!