“Destination Wedding!!!” 5 of 5 stars

Free Nights!
Ranked #11 of 63 Hotels in Montego Bay
“Destination Wedding!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 22, 2014

My husband and I recently got married at this resort and it was GREAT! We stayed 6 days (April 29th-May 4th and it was not long enough! I wish I could live there! This will be a long review but I am trying to give you a clear understanding of what I experienced and also the wedding aspect. But I will start by saying BOOK YOUR TRIP! You will love it and anyone that has posted a bad review on here must be soooo uptight and cannot be pleased because I just cant understand why anyone would give this place a bad rating. So here goes....

ROOMS- LOVE THEM!!! We had 22 people as a part of our group and I got to see what all the room categories look like. My husband and I had a Preferred club swim out suite and I loved it! I loved sitting out on my patio for breakfast and then taking a quick dip in the pool! I also enjoyed being on the first floor for quick access to room and the lounge with food and drinks:) The bathroom was open but there is a door where the toilet is so its not like anyone can see you use it lol! I also never had a problem with my Air conditioning as some others have mentioned. It was always nice and cool in my room! I also got to see the non-preferred rooms and the master suite in the preferred side. All the rooms look the same on the inside preferred or not, and all are gorgeous! (except the master suite which was much bigger). I liked being on the preferred side because I liked having the lounge (very convenient) and liked having the separate pool and beach.

BEACH- The beaches were breath-taking! I loved the views, the water, the layout with the gazebos, and the rock walls you can walk out on! So NICE!!! I am a beach person and though the beaches are smaller because you are not next to a strip of hotels, they were plenty! And I liked not having a bunch of hotels right next to you!

STAFF- The staff at this resort is TOP NOTCH! Every single person goes out of their way to make sure you are having an amazing vacation! The people are so nice that I actually had to get used to it. Ive never met such nice and happy people in my life! It was almost like, Wow if I was this happy and nice back home people would think Im weird! lol! I especially loved Joseph (concierge on the preffered side) SO NICE! He would find me to ask if I wanted some champagne or anything and every time I saw him he would give me a high five and ask how Im doing!

FOOD- The food was great for an all-inclusive. I was worried about this as my husband is VERY picky and was on my butt about making sure the food would be good! We ate at the buffet for lunch alot which had a large variety of food and even a build your own pasta station. but also the jerk chicken is AMAZING!!! Do not pass that up! I ordered room service alot for breakfast but the buffet was good too! For dinner we went to the italian restaraunt, and the japanese restaurant. Both were great! I went to the japanese place 3 times! lol! I ate at the restaurant area 2 nights (no reservations) and also did the hibatchi (teppanyaki) one night! LOVED IT! And I loved our cook. He had the voice of an angel and a great sense of humor! I was bummed that I didnt try the other restaurants, but I was happy with what I had!

WEDDING- I could not have asked for anything more amazing (besides better weather but of course that has nothing to do with the resort)! The wedding staff is GREAT and really do everything they can to ensure you are getting what you want! I had originally had it set up to have the ceremony and reception on the beach but because of a storm rolling in we had to move the reception inside. They did a great job with assuring me it would still be great (I was very upset at first). We did the ceremony at the beach casita and then as the rest of the guests proceeded inside for the cocktail hour, we took picture all around the beach and resort (just in time before the storm!) We then went inside and the set-up was EXACTLY how I wanted it and the food was wonderful! So perfect! And the DJ was GREAT (and pretty sexy!) If you are thinking about having a wedding here DO IT!!!! You will not be disappointed! I was very worried about not being able to pick things out in person and make sure it was all how I wanted it, but they did an amazing job and I was so impressed!

SPA- Beautiful! Got my hair and makeup done for the wedding and it was perfect! ( I was worried about that too!) But they did a great job! My husband and I also had a couples massage and that was also great! The hydro therapy circuit is so much fun and so relaxing! Make sure you do this!

THINGS TO DO- There is so much to do! They have pool tables outside, photographer that takes pics (DO THIS) and you can buy them at the photoshop, little shops to buy souvenirs/gifts, snorkeling, daily activities, etc.

I could go on for days! But seriously this is top notch and you should not be worried. Ignore any of the bad reviews! I read like 5000 reviews before we went and I didnt know what to expect and I just couldnt believe some of the things people complained about! All of my guests (alot of them who are well traveled and stay at the nicest of the nicest), said they absolutely loved it and they are still raving about how beautiful and wonderful or trip was! If you have any questions regarding the resort or weddings, let me know! I will be glad to help! BOOK IT!

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,284)
Houston, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 21, 2014

My Trip To The Resort (Jamaica) Was Pleasant/ Enjoyable/ Overwhelming/ Breath-Taking ~Our Taxi Driver Was Hilarious.
We got there and we were upgraded from St. James to wild orchid, omg!!!
I did homework on the resort before taking this trip. I pulled pictures from the internet of Jamaica that i wanted to see. I even had a picture of the beds in wild orchid, not knowing it was a different part of the resort. I had a mind frame and expectation of this place. It totally super - seeded my expectations~ once I arrive. Ms. Renee, was our check/registration person in the office at St. James... Oh my God!! When I return I will look for her to assist and direct me to my luxury vacation resident room!! ;-)

Then Mr. Roderick (bells-man) he was sooooo helpful and informative, while taking us up to our room. He totally explained the things available to us on a Sunday. We were off to a great start, in our wonderful Jamaican experience.
Sunday 5/11/14, mother's day, an awesome day. My college graduation is coming up, my birthday 5/23.

I will return to this resort over and over and over again. These are a few people that overwhelmed us with goodness, compassion, excitement, fun, information, catering to us, that totally took care of us.
My mother and I encountered the EXCEPTIONAL treatment from:

Our mini bar/ fridge guy ~~ Mr. Delton Hylton, omg... this guy was soooo on time with everything. He helped my mom and I soo much. He gave us information about downtown shopping. He remembered our drink preferences and brought them promptly daily. He was great with my birthday breakfast in the room. He had things on his head and was polite and humorous.

Our maid in the evening was very good. I was unable to get her name before I left.
Our morning maid was great as well:
Maurale ~ she's a very sweet older lady in house keeping at the orchid.. very helpful and seems to be generally concerned abut the guest well being. not just work , sincere in heart.. thank you. Ms. Maurale.. I WILL MAKE ANOTHER REVIEW WITH OTHERS NAMES. .

Room Tip: Beach Side of Wild Orchid, Unbeatable. Further From Elevator, But Very Close To Sidewalk Stairwell...
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
Palmyra, NJ
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 20, 2014 via mobile

Just got back from a fantastic time with friends. The staff was oh so accommodating. From Leteisha to Omar(Dr O) to Kadeesha, Andrew, Marvin, Stephanie. They were all so friendly and helpful. Sparks made sure you stayed entertained and Leo was off the hook. He went to any length to make sure you got what you wanted. We hope to visit again in the near future! I definitely recommend this hotel and look up the staff members I mentioned. You won't be disappointed.

Stayed May 2014, traveled with friends
Atlanta, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 19, 2014

We absolutely loved this property! We both celebrated our birthdays and knew we wanted to travel to Jamaica but never knew we would have such a a great experience. The food was amazing and the staff was phenomenal! Venesa with the entertainment team went above and beyond for us when my fiancé lost his bracelet. Every time seeing her afterwards seemed like we were truly connected. Norman did a great job with giving us a tour of Monetgo Bay with tons of facts and pit stops along the way to and from Hip Strip. And our bellboy Garfield continuously made us laugh. The entire atmosphere was excellent. Though I only remember a few names from the staff, everyone there had great attitudes and were extremely helpful and jolly. The food was amazing! We enjoy our Asian cuisine with our singer/cook Marlon. I can't say enough about how much we enjoyed our stay. I wished we could have stayed longer. We are already planning our trip for next year and will be guaranteed at a Secrets location!

Room Tip: Make sure your room is oceanfront!
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
New York City, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 19, 2014

Long overdue review,We have visited this Secrets property on 4 different occassions in the last 3 years and each time was a perfect getaway.The property is beautiful and well maintained,the food above the norm for all Inclusive.The staff ,among the best and most sincere we've encountered (Shout out to Kevin@ front desk,and congrats on his promotion)This property will not disappoint ,In fact, I recommended it and accompanied 60 people this past Jan. on a work related incentive.....Dont miss it!

• Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
SWO_STJconcierge, Manager at Secrets Wild Orchid Montego Bay, responded to this review, May 20, 2014
Dear Valued Guest:

We do appreciate that you have taken the time to post your review to Trip Advisor and we are certainly pleased that your 4th visit with us did not disappoint.

As we have a active and very effective staff recognition program, kindly note that your review has been forwarded to the Human Resources Department so that Kevin's file can be duly updated. His promotion is well deserved as he is an extremely hard worker who exemplifies that attributes that, as a Management Team, we hope that all employees will seek to replicate.

Once again our many thanks for your review and we look forward to hosting you yet again on your 5th trip!!

Very best regards,

Caulette Mornan
Social Networking/eConcierge
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 18, 2014 via mobile

We spent a week here in early May. We had an excellent time! The rooms are great, food is excellent and Leo A. on the beach made the stay fantastic. Leo's service made our week even more enjoyable and relaxing. We didn't have to worry about anything with Leo around!!

• Stayed May 2014
Coventry, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 18, 2014

We stayed here for our honeymoon at the beginning of may and are so glad we chose to come here. We were genuinely sad to leave.

Resort
This resort is beautiful. White sand beaches and crystal clear water and lush green grounds with beautiful trees and flowers. There is so much wildlife around too- hummingbirds, stingrays, starfish, lots of fish swimming around your feet. The wildlife walk which leaves every morning is well worth doing. Elaine was an excellent guide and the tour made you really appreciate all the beauty in the resort. It also showed you which way to walk back to your room in the evening to smell the gorgeous midnight jasmine!
There is an army of landscapers around every day to maintain the resort, and who are happy to have a chat and a laugh. Special mention to Rayan, who was only too happy to climb a tree and get us a fresh coconut! Much appreciated to cool us down from the heat!
Another special mention to Omar who looks after Bob and Rita the two beautiful parrots, who was happy to chat about and let us hold the parrots.

Rooms
Fab room, lots of space and all have ocean views. Great daily maid and turn down service. Only downside with our room is it was above the pool with the swim up bar so was very noisy all day.

Faultless- all staff are pleased to serve and assist you.

Generally very good. We would recommend avoiding the italian restaurant as the standard here on the night we visited was much lower than the other restaurants. The food in the Italian was uninspiring and not full of flavour. My chicken dish was served stone cold too. The japenese is superb and fun- you must book a chefs table! The French was really tasty with impeccable service. Blue mountain, the Jamaican, we visited twice as we enjoyed the authentic food- try the curried goat, it is delicious! And of course the jerk chicken BBQ on the beach- amazing!

General
This resort really is all inclusive- all food, drinks from the bar, snacks on the beach and water coolers with bottled water were all along the beach. However the only negative we found was the resort is very americanised. The music and entertainment is all American, we would have loved more Jamaican music, and more of a Jamaican vibe, this is the only thing that would put us off returning- more of a Jamaican, rather than American experience would have been better.

Excursions
The resort offers lots of activities but you can book more through companies at the hotel. Dolphin cove was great and good value for money. The luminous lagoon was good, but very pricey for what it was.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple

Been to Secrets Wild Orchid Montego Bay? Share your experiences!