“Stay at Secrets” 5 of 5 stars

GreenLeadersPlatinum level
Washington, Virginia
“Stay at Secrets”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 1, 2014

We had an awesome time at this hotel, it was a great experience. The staff were really professional and courteous. Denecia, who works in the Patio Cafe was really an awesome waitress, looking forward to our next trip there in two years!!

2 Thank 767Funtimes2014

Miami, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 1, 2014

Hello fellow travelers! I just got back from my wonderful and unbelievable Honey Moon at Secrets Wild Orchid! I truly felt as if I was home while staying in Wild Orchid and wish we could of stayed longer!

The staff were so wonderful and attentive to my wife and I. We truly were both amazed with the service, great food! Awesome entertainment all in a gorgeous Island! And all the unforgettable memories in which My wife and I have created while on our Honeymoon were priceless! We couldn't be happier! The service was second to none! Petrona and Dalton were are Butlers and were both so amazing so wonderful!

Everything was all included! as it is an all inclusive resort! The management is second to none! From the housekeeping to the Food all the staff were so friendly! I am very happy I choose this resort we made the right decision!

Highly recommend to book this resort in Montego Bay Jamaica!

Room Tip: I would def spend the extra money for preferred!! it worth it! If you can go with master suite for H...
Lansing, Michigan
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 1, 2014

I really enjoyed the Secrets Wild Orchid resort. I was unfamiliar with this property so I went on every site that I could find to read about it as well as the reviews of others. I think they have worked out ALL of the mini inconveniences that some experienced when the Resort initially opened.

Although their check in process is somewhat different than what I am use to, it went rather quickly.
We did not arrive until after 4:00 PM, so maybe that is the reason the check in was without delay. I might add that there are only three people at three different desks to check you in, and when there’s several people waiting to check in, that can be a very lengthy wait.
The room was spacious, adequately stocked with several types of beverages, and most importantly it was clean, however, the floors could have been scrubbed better in the entrance and actual sleeping areas. (the bathroom floor was much better)

Thanks to reading so many frustrating reviews about the Time Share representatives aggressively pursuing you to attend a briefing, I avoided signing up at their desk upon completing my check in, therefore I was not harassed, but my friends were, at least whenever the Representatives could catch up to them because they were seldom in their rooms and avoided walking through the main portion of the lobby where their registration desk is located. It is my opinion that if you are not interested in becoming a time share owner I would not waste 2-3+ hours listening to their presentation just to receive a free gift that you may or may not use.

The bath amenities you receive are wonderful, and since I always leave a daily tip for Housekeeping, you can be assured of getting the proper amount of towels and wash cloths.

The restaurants were excellent. The breakfast buffet offered much variety, and the popular omelet line moved pretty quickly. We never had a wait to be seated for breakfast at 9:00 AM. We were quite amazed at the portions you were served at the restaurants for dinner. You didn’t feel like you were already full when they served it to you. I think they do a splendid job in providing just the right portions-after all this is an all-inclusive and you can ask for more with no charge. The Bordeaux restaurant was excellent. The seafood night provided the best lobster. The Mexican restaurant was very good. The Himitsu restaurant is fantastic and the show that is provided while preparing your food at your table is entertaining. The Italian restaurant was so so, and the lighting was extremely dim, however they did offer a menu that was lit up. If I had to choose my favorite restaurant, it would be the Bordeaux. The Jerk Chicken stand was also fabulous.

I used the workout room and found all of the equipment in very good working order and modern. That room was also stocked with fruit and water.

The Spa is the best. I splurged and received 3 treatments which 2 were massages. If you enjoy deep tissue massages, ask for Phyllis. She is superb!!! I cannot say enough positive things about her. On my first visit to the Spa, I arrived early because I was told that if you purchased a service you could enjoy the spa (water & steam areas) for as long as you wanted. That is true, but on the first visit I was assigned to a person named Nadia and she appeared to be slightly annoyed because I arrived 90 minutes earlier. Her job is to take you on a tour of the spa. I always got the impression that she was rushing me. After I received my massage she continued to check on me while I was enjoying the other amenities in the spa, and while I was getting dressed, she was snatching the robe and shoes before I could finish. I realized I had left my watch in the pocket of my robe, which Nadia had grabbed before I could finish getting dressed. I told her and she had to go find the robe that had been placed in the laundry. Luckily she was able to retrieve my watch.
When I asked her what the rush was, her response was they are busy busy busy and must prepare for others. My next visit was much different, and the person that assisted our party was great and emphasized that it is their mission for you to enjoy your time at the spa. I mentioned the ordeal that I had experienced with Nadia on the day before and she said some workers are overly intense. While relaxing in the spa, you are offered snacks & beverages, which is a nice touch.

The swim up pool bar was Excellent. The Bartenders were always friendly and aimed to make your drink to your satisfaction. The activities around the pool were great, and Tia was such a friendly person who did all that she could to make sure your day at the pool was fun.

What I found most impressive was the level of enthusiasm that most of the workers displayed. They always had a smile and greeted you and asked if there was anything that they could do for you. They appeared to enjoy their job and take it seriously.

If I was asked whether I would return to Secrets Wild Orchid Resort, I would say YEAH MON, without HESITATING.

Room Tip: Garden level rooms offer easy access to all other areas at the resort
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled with friends
3 Thank lans98
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 30, 2014

We had a beautiful vacation. This place is great! The staff was amazing especially our waiter at the pool/beach LEO (Leonard Anderson). He made our vacation!! The food and drinks were excellent and free flowing!

• Stayed April 2014
Gaffney, South Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 29, 2014

Hello! I just got back from the best vacation of my entire life! I am a single, divorced woman who has been through a lot. I went with 12 other people...all my best friends...and couples. I was lucky # 13. I was a little worried about staying by myself and being the only single one in the group. But what I got was the most amazing experience! EVER! Thanks to all the staff that made all my worries go away! I will never forget my time in Jamaica and would recommend it to anyone! It was the most beautiful place I have ever been. It was very clean. The food was excellent. The service was wonderful. All aspects of the resort were absolutely amazing! I would like to say a special thanks to my man LEO for making me laugh soooo much! Love ya man!!!! Great job! and,,, Don't worry.....bout a ting. Cuz, ery lil ting, gonna be arite!! Much love!!! Stella

• Stayed April 2014, traveled solo
6 Thank Stellaone2014
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 29, 2014

I never would have known to look at Secrets Wild Orchid, so I'm very glad the travel agent recommended it. I visited the resort with some fellow overworked single girls, and I absolutely loved it. The beach and clear water were what I wanted from a Jamaica vacation. Definitely recommend the Preferred Club for plenty of lounger access and an open champagne bottle all day in the lounge. My friends and I are wine snobs, but we felt the house wines were generally fine.

I would not do the swim-out suite again, but it was fun. I always loved hotel pools as a kid so I couldn't pass it up. The service was consistently top-notch, from housekeeping to the waitstaff. Ingrid at Seaside Grill was very attentive, and Rom who served us drinks on the beach.

I had to go off property twice for a wedding, and the transportation was expensive but safe. The drivers are approved by the hotel, have established round-trip rates on a laminated card, and don't take any money until you are back at the Wild Orchid. Cash only.

The food was good, considering they are feeding people in such mass quantities. Maybe a bit underseasoned. And I could see how the bathroom privacy might be an issue if you are bunking with someone.

All in all, can't wait to go back some day!

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with friends
1 Thank Kara B
A TripAdvisor Member
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 29, 2014

For our first stay in a 5* resort, we couldn't have expected anything more. A beautiful location, friendly and helpful staff, gorgeous food and lovely extras for being on our honeymoon. Would love to go back!

Review collected in partnership with Virgin Holidays

Half Moon, A RockResort
Half Moon, A RockResort
#4 of 66 in Montego Bay
4.5 of 5 stars 1,677 reviews

Been to Secrets Wild Orchid Montego Bay? Share your experiences!