“June 2013 honeymoon” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #9 of 63 Hotels in Montego Bay
Sayville, New York, United States
“June 2013 honeymoon”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 5, 2013

I'll start by saying that if I were rating this on the property & service alone, I would give it 5 stars. We stayed in the preferred club junior suite. I heard that honeymooners got upgraded for free, so I was hoping we would get a swim out room. Check-in was a pleasure, but we did not get the upgrade...and I am so glad! We LOVED our room. When we saw that the swim-out rooms were right out in the open (i don't know what I was expecting), I was glad that we we 13 floors up. We're honeymooners! Our balcony over looked the bay, and had a nice deep soaking tub. We were so close to the nightly entertainment that we heard music every night, perfect! The honeymoon perks were unbelievable. The dinner on the beach was amazing. My only complaint was the "liquid sunshine." LOTS of rain when we were there. We came back pretty pale. I wish the staff had more activities for rainy days. It rained from 12-5 for 5 out of the 7 days we were there. But we would just order room service and have a glass of wine in the tub on the balcony. So relaxing. My other complaint is for the Apple Excursions. We bought the Dunns River Falls/Swim with the Dolphins Package. It was torrential down pour at the Dolphin Cove. They refused to let us reschedule. Our experience was totally ruined, they couldnt even take our photos. I went back twice to the Apple desk in the lobby to ask if we could maybe have some of our money back because our experience was rained out. They did NOTHING to accommodate us. We spoke with our concierge, but there was nothing they could do. Other than that, we absolutely loved the grounds, food, beaches, and pools. We are hoping to go back for our first anniversary...just maybe a different month to avoid a rain out :)

Room Tip: Don't go for a swim out room unless you want to be seen by everyone. There is little privacy.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,418)
Blackwood, New Jersey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 4, 2013

We recently had our HoneyMoon at Secrets, Wild Orchid (Preferred Club) Hotel this past September and it was AMAZING. The reason why it was so great was due to the warm and friendly staff. Jeffrey the Bell Hop, Erroll Jackson, Roydel Williams, Simone & Avion (the bar servers) delivered OUTSTANDING service at all times. If we needed anything at all, they went out of their way to accommodate us in any way possible. The atmosphere was so beautiful, relaxing, and happy. Everything was taken care of for us, it was awesome!!! We are definitely going back for our anniversary!

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Long Island, NY
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 4, 2013

I am a Travel Agent so I tend to look at everything very carefully. Well I can say that this resort was WONDERFUL!!! From the rooms to the food to the drinks and to the most important part THE STAFF!!! We were a group of 14 and were all 100% satisfied with everything! When we arrived we were greeted bt Garfield-the sweetest man. He then lead us all to the Preffered Club where my entire was upgraded do to Mr. Huhn... A was given the Master Suite which was a beautiful spacious room.. I was also lucky enough to have the pleasure of have Butler Service-Michael,Patrick and Refreshina were all so terrific. They drew baths for all of my group and placed rose petals in the water.. Thats was a nice surprise! Each day they arranged our chairs at the beach with towels and a cooler of cold drinks at my request. They came to all of our dinners to see if we were OK and if we needed anything. They were very accomodating. Always had a smile!!!
We ate at Mexican,Italian,French and Seaside Grill. My favorite was the French! The service was unbelieveable! I believe we had Partick as our waiter. What a great guy! In the French we had Leonard. He was wonderful! He knew I loved lobster so he went to another restautant and surprised me with two lobster tails!!! What a treat!! They all go above and beyond for their clients!
As far is breakfast is concerned we had Lorenzo each morning and he was such a joy! One morning we were serenaded by the Jamaican Cowboy!!! What a treat!!!
The waiter/waitress service at pool and bar were awesome. We had Reshineda,Nadine and of course LEO!! Leo was lots of fun. He jumped in the pool in a TUX! Very personable man!! He went out his way to wecome each day!!!
I would also like to thank Isabel at Preferred Club. She is a like a friend to me. Everytime she saw me I was greeted with a huge hug!!! What a nice woman!!
Entertainment at night was so beautiful. You could sit outside the piano bar and listen to a band playing while a firepit was roaring in the background. What a nice way to end our dinner and evening.
I also was able to have treatmnets at the Spa. Of course they were great!!!!
I have been to Secrets Maroma and Capri in Mexico and I never thought I find another Secrets comparable. Well I did! What really makes this so special are the all of the workers. This staff deserves so much credit!!!
Thanks so much- I will be selling this resort alot in the future!!!!

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends
New York City, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 4, 2013

This review is a little late, better late than never. My visit here was Sep 2012 to celebrate my 30th Birthday. On this trip my now husband proposed to me. This hotel was the amazing from the service, food and the look of the hotel.. The staff was so helpful and they made you feel as if you were home. This was my first time in Jamaica and I can’t wait to go back

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 4, 2013 via mobile

We sincerely had the best experience at Secrets -- hands down!!

The welcome is warm and friendly. The check-in process was great as well as the staff that assisted us with the check-in. The rooms were great -- including the view, comfortable bed, cleanliness.

We were upgraded to the preferred club along with the two other couples we were staying with. The pool area in the preferred club was a little too quiet for us so we found ourselves heading to the pool with the swim-up bar and the music everyday.

While at this pool, we met some pretty amazing people but the two specific people we want to give a shout out to is Sparks and BON JOVI, they went above and beyond!!

The food was great!!
The massage was amazing!!
The piano bar was a good time!!
The live band was super!!
The three bartenders at the club were soooo good!!
The resort is beautiful!!

We will definitely be returning to Secrets in the future!!

Thank you for making my first trip to Jamaica one I will never forget!!

• Stayed September 2013
South Dakota
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 2, 2013

A group of 18 family and friends traveled to Jamaica for my daughter and son-in-law's wedding. First and foremost, thank you Rocio and Lisa for everything you did to make my daughter and son-in-law's wedding a complete dream! Ladies, you bent over backwards and the wedding was absolutely perfect!! The pictures and video taken at the event are professional in every way and we cannot stop talking about their amazing wedding day!

As for the rest of the resort...I agree with another reviewer...if you do not have a fun, relaxing time on this beautiful little island, it is your own damn fault! The grounds at this resort are meticulously manicured and come with a few resident peacocks. The pool and beach areas are incredibly beautiful and we never had a problem finding the perfect spot to soak up the Jamaican sun. Drinks were yummy...I highly recommend the Bob Marley and the Dirty Banana! The jerk chicken and fresh fruit carts near the beach are not to be missed.

The nightlife appeals to all ages. I personally enjoyed all the live music available every night. I also never had a bad meal. Some restaurants I liked more than others, but that is just personal preference. My favorites were the breakfast buffet, the hibachi and the french. Do not miss "Lionel The Rooster" at the hibachi restaurant! We laughed so hard and really enjoyed the delicious meal he prepared for us!

A special thank you to Maureen, the housekeeper who took care of my room during my stay. Every day I would return from the beach and find a towel sculpture with flowers on the foot of my bed. Maureen kept my room spotless! The beds are extremely comfortable and the view from my third floor room overlooking the pool and beach was incredible to say the least. The jacuzzi tub was also a delight! I enjoyed sitting on the balcony late at night, listening to the tree frogs and the ocean waves.

All of the people who work at this resort are wonderful! They go out of their way to make sure your stay is the most awesome experience imaginable.

The only bad critique I have is the in-room fridge. Drinks never got more than luke warm during my five day visit.

We cannot wait to go back for a visit. We miss it already! I cannot thank you all enough for this most pleasurable dream vacation. I would highly recommend Secrets Wild Orchid.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
Bedfordshire, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 2, 2013

First time in Jamaica, and what a great hotel to stay in. Me and the wife are vegans, so we checked this with the hotel before booking. They don't have many vegan options on the menus, but on our first day we met with the Executive Chef and he put a dining plan together for us which ensured that we got to try every restaurant. The food was excellent. If you have a food allergy or are on a special diet do speak with the hotel about it, don't just hope for the best.

All the staff (ok, there was one on the front desk who was a little moody) were friendly and cheerful. The attention to detail was what you would expect from an exclusive boutique hotel, not a resort of this size.

We had preferred club access and it is worth it. Quiet pool and beach. There was too much going on at the main pool area, I'm more Club Pipe and Slippers than Club 18-30 nowadays.

Too many individuals to list here helped ensured that our stay went without a hitch.

And after the flight there it was great to be somewhere child free. Now if only the airlines would do that....

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to Secrets Wild Orchid Montego Bay? Share your experiences!