“Secrets Wild Orchid” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #11 of 63 Hotels in Montego Bay
Long Island, NY
“Secrets Wild Orchid”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 4, 2013

I am a Travel Agent so I tend to look at everything very carefully. Well I can say that this resort was WONDERFUL!!! From the rooms to the food to the drinks and to the most important part THE STAFF!!! We were a group of 14 and were all 100% satisfied with everything! When we arrived we were greeted bt Garfield-the sweetest man. He then lead us all to the Preffered Club where my entire was upgraded do to Mr. Huhn... A was given the Master Suite which was a beautiful spacious room.. I was also lucky enough to have the pleasure of have Butler Service-Michael,Patrick and Refreshina were all so terrific. They drew baths for all of my group and placed rose petals in the water.. Thats was a nice surprise! Each day they arranged our chairs at the beach with towels and a cooler of cold drinks at my request. They came to all of our dinners to see if we were OK and if we needed anything. They were very accomodating. Always had a smile!!!
We ate at Mexican,Italian,French and Seaside Grill. My favorite was the French! The service was unbelieveable! I believe we had Partick as our waiter. What a great guy! In the French we had Leonard. He was wonderful! He knew I loved lobster so he went to another restautant and surprised me with two lobster tails!!! What a treat!! They all go above and beyond for their clients!
As far is breakfast is concerned we had Lorenzo each morning and he was such a joy! One morning we were serenaded by the Jamaican Cowboy!!! What a treat!!!
The waiter/waitress service at pool and bar were awesome. We had Reshineda,Nadine and of course LEO!! Leo was lots of fun. He jumped in the pool in a TUX! Very personable man!! He went out his way to wecome each day!!!
I would also like to thank Isabel at Preferred Club. She is a like a friend to me. Everytime she saw me I was greeted with a huge hug!!! What a nice woman!!
Entertainment at night was so beautiful. You could sit outside the piano bar and listen to a band playing while a firepit was roaring in the background. What a nice way to end our dinner and evening.
I also was able to have treatmnets at the Spa. Of course they were great!!!!
I have been to Secrets Maroma and Capri in Mexico and I never thought I find another Secrets comparable. Well I did! What really makes this so special are the all of the workers. This staff deserves so much credit!!!
Thanks so much- I will be selling this resort alot in the future!!!!

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,331)
New York City, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 4, 2013

This review is a little late, better late than never. My visit here was Sep 2012 to celebrate my 30th Birthday. On this trip my now husband proposed to me. This hotel was the amazing from the service, food and the look of the hotel.. The staff was so helpful and they made you feel as if you were home. This was my first time in Jamaica and I can’t wait to go back

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 4, 2013 via mobile

We sincerely had the best experience at Secrets -- hands down!!

The welcome is warm and friendly. The check-in process was great as well as the staff that assisted us with the check-in. The rooms were great -- including the view, comfortable bed, cleanliness.

We were upgraded to the preferred club along with the two other couples we were staying with. The pool area in the preferred club was a little too quiet for us so we found ourselves heading to the pool with the swim-up bar and the music everyday.

While at this pool, we met some pretty amazing people but the two specific people we want to give a shout out to is Sparks and BON JOVI, they went above and beyond!!

The food was great!!
The massage was amazing!!
The piano bar was a good time!!
The live band was super!!
The three bartenders at the club were soooo good!!
The resort is beautiful!!

We will definitely be returning to Secrets in the future!!

Thank you for making my first trip to Jamaica one I will never forget!!

• Stayed September 2013
South Dakota
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 2, 2013

A group of 18 family and friends traveled to Jamaica for my daughter and son-in-law's wedding. First and foremost, thank you Rocio and Lisa for everything you did to make my daughter and son-in-law's wedding a complete dream! Ladies, you bent over backwards and the wedding was absolutely perfect!! The pictures and video taken at the event are professional in every way and we cannot stop talking about their amazing wedding day!

As for the rest of the resort...I agree with another reviewer...if you do not have a fun, relaxing time on this beautiful little island, it is your own damn fault! The grounds at this resort are meticulously manicured and come with a few resident peacocks. The pool and beach areas are incredibly beautiful and we never had a problem finding the perfect spot to soak up the Jamaican sun. Drinks were yummy...I highly recommend the Bob Marley and the Dirty Banana! The jerk chicken and fresh fruit carts near the beach are not to be missed.

The nightlife appeals to all ages. I personally enjoyed all the live music available every night. I also never had a bad meal. Some restaurants I liked more than others, but that is just personal preference. My favorites were the breakfast buffet, the hibachi and the french. Do not miss "Lionel The Rooster" at the hibachi restaurant! We laughed so hard and really enjoyed the delicious meal he prepared for us!

A special thank you to Maureen, the housekeeper who took care of my room during my stay. Every day I would return from the beach and find a towel sculpture with flowers on the foot of my bed. Maureen kept my room spotless! The beds are extremely comfortable and the view from my third floor room overlooking the pool and beach was incredible to say the least. The jacuzzi tub was also a delight! I enjoyed sitting on the balcony late at night, listening to the tree frogs and the ocean waves.

All of the people who work at this resort are wonderful! They go out of their way to make sure your stay is the most awesome experience imaginable.

The only bad critique I have is the in-room fridge. Drinks never got more than luke warm during my five day visit.

We cannot wait to go back for a visit. We miss it already! I cannot thank you all enough for this most pleasurable dream vacation. I would highly recommend Secrets Wild Orchid.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
Bedfordshire, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 2, 2013

First time in Jamaica, and what a great hotel to stay in. Me and the wife are vegans, so we checked this with the hotel before booking. They don't have many vegan options on the menus, but on our first day we met with the Executive Chef and he put a dining plan together for us which ensured that we got to try every restaurant. The food was excellent. If you have a food allergy or are on a special diet do speak with the hotel about it, don't just hope for the best.

All the staff (ok, there was one on the front desk who was a little moody) were friendly and cheerful. The attention to detail was what you would expect from an exclusive boutique hotel, not a resort of this size.

We had preferred club access and it is worth it. Quiet pool and beach. There was too much going on at the main pool area, I'm more Club Pipe and Slippers than Club 18-30 nowadays.

Too many individuals to list here helped ensured that our stay went without a hitch.

And after the flight there it was great to be somewhere child free. Now if only the airlines would do that....

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 2, 2013

Myself and my other half stayed here for 10 days last month and the only down full was, that we didn't stay long enough! This holiday which we ended up calling 'holymoon' (everyone was on there honeymoon) was the most incredible holiday we have had!

We was staying in the Preferred Club part which we thought was defiantly worth the extra money. Stunning grounds, delicious food, beautiful room and the most amazing staff! The hotel is super clean and tidy with a fantastic beach stretch and pool areas and idealic grounds.

Big shout out to the staff there who made our 'holymoon' even more amazing... Chantel, Nalini, Sharol, Joseph, Jeffery I could go on and name them all!

Were 10000000% returning next year!

Jasmine and Lewis

Room Tip: 1203 stunning room!!!!
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Mullica Hill, New Jersey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 2, 2013

Just returned from our 2nd trip to SWO, both times stayed in PC (worth it; premium drinks always at hand in the Lobby and great continental breakfast/light snacks all day and night). This was our 9th time staying at a Secrets Resort shared between Mexico and Jamaica. We just love SWO and the terrific top notch service and staff. Because we were VIPs, we were upgraded to a swim out suite - it was really nice but we didn't spend much time swimming outside of our room, as it wasn't very private and people can see in your swim out area/room while walking past). We had friends who had a Junior Suite on the 4th floor and their rooms were a little smaller than ours. That seemed to be the only difference in the actual room. btw.. The Wild Orchid side of the resort is closer to the restaurants and entertainment.

The outside entertainment stage and Piano bar location on the Wild Orchid side provided a magnificent setting with the sunset and mountain view as background. Many of the Secrets resorts don't have this type of setting, so pretty. Every night the show is held at this location (weather permitting). Loved the view and entertainment!

The grounds are beautiful and well maintained , the hammocks are relaxing. Don't forget the Coffee/cappuccino bar (Open all day and until 11PM), Saturday night Lobster night, the Jerk Chicken guys at the beach every day are a MUST, Surf and Turf at Bordeaux and Prawn Risotto at Portofino was soo good. (next time I will order just the prawn risotto in a large dinner portion). Breakfast buffet is the BEST and the waiters occasionally sing while you eat. On the weekends a Jamaican Trio plays while you enter thru the door way. Oceana restaurant - good 'create your own' wraps, Barefoot bar with fresh potato chips, burgers - so convenient to 'Grab and Go' and head back to your beach chair.

During the day at the pool/beach the Entertainment Staff does a nice job trying to create fun things to do (thank to Tia Maria and 'Bon Joni') - They have Tye Dye days where you can customize and purchase a Tshirt or skirt. (if you have little ones, bring their size T-shirt and they can probably tye dye that for you to bring home?).

They have free catamarans you can take out on your own, BUT if you want to head into the water with a guide to sail the Hobie cat, it's $20 and well worth it! This allows you to sit back and enjoy the ride and view from the water.

The Spa is beautiful and go an hour before to enjoy the complimentary Hydrotherapy water Treatment. (Stephanie the massage therapist was WONDERFUL). Yoga by the water in the AM and PM (Monday through Friday) - great! Again only Monday through Friday, you can take a free 3 mile guided Bike tour from the resort to a Jamaican outside vendor mart if you're up for getting off the resort for a couple of hours and bartering with the locals on their hand made goods.

We totally enjoyed this vacation. You can find fun/active things to do during the day and also opt. to relax in a quiet-tucked away spot anywhere on the resort 'Jamaican style' with 'NO-Problem' - We will definitely be back!!

Room Tip: Room selection: go higher and above the palm trees. You will have fresh ice in your room daily, bu...
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to Secrets Wild Orchid Montego Bay? Share your experiences!