“Will definitely be a repeat guest.” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Up to $350 Air Credit!
Ranked #13 of 62 hotels in Montego Bay
Baltimore, Maryland
“Will definitely be a repeat guest.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2013

First my shutouts to the staff that showed exceptional service to us personally.
Andre (groundskeeper) introduced us to the resorts parrots, Bob and Rita. He got them out so we could take pictures with the parrots. This trip was also a birthday celebration for my girlfriends 30th and Andre made this beautiful bouquet of flowers potted in a coconut. Better than any bouquet of flowers I have paid for online. Andre could be onto something.

Leo-The bartender always full of energy, full of comedy, jokes, and dancing. He is a natural at entertaining the guests. In the pouring rain he was still delivering drinks with the happiest smile on his face.

Theresa G.-Our housekeeper for the week. Our room was always cleaned and never had to ask for anything. Mini-fridge was always stocked and clean towels were readily available.

I wish I could name every staff member I interacted with because the hospitality at this place is exceptional. This staff works long days and hours and their positive attitudes and willingness to assist is also great credit and reflection upon the management, they make it an enjoyable place for me to stay and for employers to work.

The rooms are very spacious and the beds are most comfortable the the one I personally own. The room was very comfortable and quiet at night for sleeping. The amenities at this all inclusive resort are beyond reproach. Anything and everything you want to do, you can do here. I enjoyed the hobi-sailing the most. Any non motorized water sport is included with your stay. It seems like I remember reading jet-skiing available, which it is, but not at this resort. You will have to go to Margaritaville in Negril; which is offered as an excursion to go on.

All the drinks are great. Rum Punch, Miami Vice, Jamaican Smile are some good ones to name a few. There are all sorts though. There are three pools that are full, but not over crowded with a private beach in eye shot of the pool, so you have your choice with walking more than 25 feet.

The nightly entertainment hosted by cee-lo was always enjoyable, especially the islands number one steel drum band--their name is slipping my mind now, but you will know who they are when you see them. That was my favorite show!

They have a dozen or so slot machines, no tables. Pool tables, ping pong tables, nightly outdoor movie at the coffee bar. There is wireless Internet available for a per day fee, it works across the entire resort, both inside and outside. That said, when you pay for service, only one device can be connected under that account at a time. So if a couple go with two iPads to read while on beach or at pool, only one can connect to Internet at a time...unless of course to pay for two accounts. I believe it was $70 for the week to have access. There is a business center to use free of charge though. If you get a massage and you haven't had one before, be sure to tell them to go EASY. Mine was a little rough, but it has nothing to do with my stay here.

If I have to pick one thing that needs improvement is the channel selection of TV while you are in your room at night. Maybe offer or have a pay-per-view service. There are movie channels, but all movies are from the 80's, or so it seemed. But we were rarely in the room to watch to TV, so it's pretty much a non-issue. Only if I had to point out one con, even that is, eh!

I will be back and not soon enough.

Room Tip: All rooms are nice, maybe first floor for quicker access to the bars ;). I was on 2nd floor, everyth...

2,930 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,046)
Manhasset, New York
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2013

Day1 - check in was seamless, took the pitch for the "tour" - Godfrey, bartender at the lobby bar made me a 'CRAZY' don't drink this on an empty stomach LOL, the best drink there - room was very nice, first floor room able to walk to the pool - unpacked and walked to property, took a nap -dinner at the jamaican restaurant unimpressive, wished my aunt had bought me a plate from the country.

Day2 - BEACH DAY - warm water had our own little corner, jerk man followed me our spot, because i was carrying other things - Mexican restaurant for dinner - um not really mexican

Day3 - THIS IS WHERE IT GETS GOOD PEOPLE PAY ATTENTION - Our whole party had finally arrived the day was wonderful we were all finally in "vacation mode" dinner was good drinks were good we were walking by the pool and saw a couple in the pool so we joined them along with another couple, we were having a blast. around 12am the property security walked by and said keep it down please. OK no problem. not five minutes later he was followed by an older gentleman that walked up to us and proceeded to scold us like children his exact words were "YOU BLEW IT EVERYONE OUT OF THE POOL, GO TO YOUR ROOMS GET OUT OF THE POOL" we reluctantly returned to our rooms to find out it was 12:30 on a saturday night on an island on vacation - we were instantly infuriated not only because of the way he spoke to us but because we are on friggen vacation, and the weekend is party till you drop time.

Day4 - Still upset from the night before we hit the beach- our party parks near the water sports shelter - as we are setting up the captain says to us "Do you really need all of those chairs are there really that many of you?" I responded "um excuse me" he walked away.

Day4night - intent on not having to go in town or to the resort"club" we decide to hit the pool again. one couple in the pool on couple seating on the chairs we are approached by the same older "security" gentleman from the night before. One of our travel companions is "smoking" here is the exchange.

Sir - "I am smelling something and it is illegal"
Guest - "OK sir what would you like for me to do."
Security - "It is illegal and I do not want to take this any further, I will not have this conversation"
Guest - "You do not know how to speak to people"
Security -"I will not have this conversation with you"

Security that walks away then proceeds to TURN OFF THE POOL LIGHTS AND THE LIGHTS TO THE WALK WAY - enraged we go to our rooms - I go to hang my bathing suit outside to dry (not ten minutes later) and THE POOL LIGHTS AND WALK WAY LIGHTS ARE BACK ON!!

**NOTE** at some point the person identifies himself as Vernon/Vernel and he acknowledges that he is the head night property security - When he was asked to re-identify himself he walks away - as we start to talk to people in charge about the incident no one and I mean no one seems to know this man, who he is and we are told he is probably off.. OFF are you kidding me.. How can the "head of security" be off???? WHATEVER

Day5 - Wedding day - great day

Day6 - Tour day - we express our concerns with how we were treated over the weekend and we were given the extension to the General manager Mr. Hoods, We spoke with Richard the sales manager, and Juan the marketing manager, with an assurance that someone would contact us regarding what happened.

Day6 night - I go to the front desk Roan is seated at the desk I walk up, he says nothing, no good evening no how can I help you, nothing. I sit and ask for tape he looks around and hands me a roll of duck tape. I pull a piece and look at him, he then gets a pair of scissors and cuts it. The next morning I purposely go back to the same desk he was sitting at the young lady looks in the same drawer as Roan and pulls out regular good old tape.

Day7-8 - we went off property or on the beach, ate room service and stayed in our rooms, or just walked around. sad the vacation was over happy to leave wild orchids

Needless to say, NO ONE EVER CONTACTED US about our complaint, and NO ONE was ever able to confirm this head of security named Vernon/Vernel - we were told the head of security was named Shawn/Shaun.

Secrets is one of the more expensive hotels in Jamaica, it was joy to get away and we hoped to have a great time. besides the fact that everything is closed by 11pm sucks. We should not have to go to the "club" to get a decent drink, or subject ourselves to the over drunk guests crowding the piano bar.

The food was ok the breakfast, lunch and themed buffets were the best eating. We traveled two and half hours to alligator river/Lil ochi in Manchester to have the best meal of our trip.

All and all it is fair to say that we won't be visiting Secerts Wild Orchid in the near future. A note to the powers that be, instead of replying with a canned response how about making some updates based on the customer concerns.

1. Have a pool party that lasts after 12am
2. Get chefs to cook the Mexican, Japanese, food the are umm i dont know mexican and japanese, or retrain the chefs that you have
3. Tell the servers for room service to stop carrying the trays on their heads it isn't cute or entertaining
4. Take Orlando out of the main dining hall no one wants to hear him sing.
5. DISCHARGE VERNON/VERNEL if you ever find him.
6. Have loud music at one pool all day, the party pool. games contests etc. We shouldn't want to leave the resort to have a good time.

Last but not least, sell the time share as a brochure in the room no one wants to walk around to see a bigger room with a jacuzzi tub that closes at 830pm. 1 1/2 hours is way too long to take away from someone vacation to try and sell them something after they have already paid a minimum of 3600 to visit you in the first place.

Good luck to those traveling, it is obvious this place it hit or miss. For us it was more of a miss.

Room Tip: Depends on what you are looking for. We loved our room because it was on the ground floor and we cou...
Rayleigh, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2013

Perhaps my expectations were too high. Found it very noisy especially as our apartment was around large pool area. We did upgrade to preferred area which was a blessing as it was totally chilled. Staff were amazing couldn't do enough and always had big smiles and a song....food was great, especially lobster night. Entertainment was good but bit samey for two weeks. We went up to bob marleys house which was fab but 2.5 drive so be prepared. Rooms were lovely, modern and comfortable and bed was excellent. We tipped a lot but don't think it's necessary. Thank you Joseph and Clive ...hey Sean a little bit of reggae in the background to keep you rocking !

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Fort Washington, Maryland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2013

Our stay at Secrets Wilid Orchid in Montego Bay was amazing to say the least. There was only one negative which I will touch on later. My fiance and I went for my birthday. We checked in with ease we were greeted with cold towels and champagne. The front desk worker Shameika is amazing so pleasant and helpful. All my request were granted per our booking. We requested a high floor room we stayed in the main building in room 2401 (on the 4th floor) Great View! along with our room keys and welcolme pack we received a "Sundial" which is the DAILY paper that lists all activities and things going on at the resort (GREAT IDEA) less need to call and ask those questions. The bell man took our luggage up to the room and we got settled in within a short amount of time. The overall resort was beautiful. The lobby bar was also very entertaining. The pool was great and our fav bartender was Alvin at the pool bar. The wait staff at the pool came around to serve you drinks in the water too! We did do the Braco Horseback Ride n' Swim Excursion and it was a lot of fun! We def enjoyed breakfast at the World Cafe' (Stacy Ann) worked the omlette station and she was very entertaining. We ate at the Mexican Resturant "El Patio" and the World Cafe',Oceana, Seaside Grill. We only went off the resort once for dinner at the Seawind Club an it was amazing! Our waiter Andrew was a great time and very punctual. The food there was good as well. The live band was outside on the patio of the piano bar nightly and that was nice as well. This was a adults only resort which in the case since we dont have kids was great!!

Activities:

-Beach Party was so fun! They had a DJ and food with drinks!

SPA DAY: we scheduled a couples massage at the spa and HAYDIEN was so amazing she had a great personality and she made you feel like royalty she even took pictures while we were enjoying the hydrotherapy circuit before our massage so that we can savor the memories!

BIRTHDAY SERVICES: They put a Happy Birthday banner on our room door which was nice and he scheduled a champange breakfast delivered to the room as well as a bottle of champagne with rose petals on the bed and fruit platter (Shameika helped him put together these suprises) **She went above and beyond to make us feel special**

**privacy light (great idea vs. the sign on the door knob) located right by the bed so you can flip the switch if you do not want to be bothered!

--Jet tub in the bathroom was a nice touch as well

****Negative Experience:
***PATRICK (WAITER AT PORTOFINO) was terrible he treated us like weren't even there so I got up and spoke to the manager DIANA and she was EQUALLY as rude! I was VERY dissapointed with the service at this resturant!

They also offered iPad rentals for $25 a day so you can access wifi and make calls international and local.

The staff at secrets wild orchid treated us like royalty and it was just the best vacation so far this year -- I would def go back to this resort again.

Check Out was smooth as well we checked out with the same person Shemeika.

Room Tip: We stayed in 2401 great room with great view!
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2013 via mobile

Excellent stay. Has all amenities you could think of. The food is top quality. Also, the service is the best in Jamaica. The highlight was the Japanese restaurant. Fantastic food. The beach is private, clean and relaxing. The jerk chicken cart is a nice gesture of keep coming back for me.

• Stayed July 2013
Dallas, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2013

Our stay at secrets resorts was awesome, we had a wonderful view of the ocean. Upon check-in, we were greeted with champagne and cold towels, the lobby was full so we waited to be checked in about 2 minutes. We were acknowledged by the front desk agent who gave us a smile and apologized for the wait. We were seated and Tihanna did our check-in( very professional with a beautiful smile) We gave her a hard time because we wanted to upgrade to the preferred club but she explained there were no rooms. We wanted a room on the first floor but also with a great view. She showed us 3 rooms but we did not like the view. We were offered an oceanfront but they had only double beds :(...Tihanna was very patient n listened to our every needs. She gave us a beautiful room on the 2nd floor, beautiful view. After we got our room, we went to eat, the restaurants at this hotel was very great,good staff n food. Entertainment was enough but we only went to relax. Our room wasn't cleaned one day and we went to the front desk and asked for our check-in lady. Tiahna called the maid and my room was immediately done. Thumbs up housekeeping. Overall great experience, great food n ALCOHOL. We are booking our next trip already.

Tip: at check in ask for Tihanna or another short lady, they knew the welcome kit and the property like the back of their hands and she was always smiling.

Room Tip: Ask for preferred club.
Calgary
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2013

We recently stayed in the Gran Bahia Principe in Runaway Bay. They had over booked their hotel and offered us to go to Secrets Wild Orchid in Montego Bay. We decided to do that as we have stayed at other Secrets and they are awesome. This was no different. The employees truly do try to make a connection with you and makes you feel at home. Food was amazing, entertainment was amazing, rooms and resort were amazing. Nothing bad to say...I highly recommend spending the extra and staying here if you truly want to be spoiled.....

Room Tip: No bad rooms that I saw
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to Secrets Wild Orchid Montego Bay? Share your experiences!