“Best Resort in Jamaica” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #11 of 63 hotels in Montego Bay
Spanish Town, Saint Catherine, Jamaica
“Best Resort in Jamaica”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 20, 2013

My boyfriend and I went there for his birthday and the staff there made it a memorable one. The atmosphere and ambiance is unforgetable!! The resort is very CLEAN and tidy. I do recommend this hotel to all my friends, family and anyone thinking to visit in the near future. It will be worth the while!!!!

p.s They have the best Staff.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
SWO_STJconcierge, Manager at Secrets Wild Orchid Montego Bay, responded to this review, July 4, 2013
Dear Valued Guest:

We thank you for taking the time to post your review to Trip Advisor and we are so happy to hear that you both had a 'memorable' birthday vacation here with us at Secrets Wild Orchid.

We are also happy to know that you were impressed by the cleanliness of our Resort and we are indeed pleased to know that the atmosphere and ambiance is 'unforgettable'.

It will be our pleasure to be of service to you and certainly look forward to a return visit.

Warm regards,
Caulette Mornan
Social Networking/Econcierge

3,194 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,172)
Warrenton, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 19, 2013

Where to begin? My wife and I, along with our best friends, had a smooth flight down on Airtran with a nonstop flight. On arrival, we met with JTL Tours for our transfer to Wild Orchid with no issues. When we checked in we were given our drinks of choice. Patricia assisted my wife and I with getting our room and she was so nice and quick we were upstairs in a matter of minutes. We hit the beach that afternoon and the next day to enjoy the beach and service with our refreshments. On Monday, we booked a 1/2 day trip to Dunn's River Falls for Tuesday through JTL Tours. The bus to transport us to the Falls was scheduled to arrive at 8 am, but didn't show up until after 8:30. We finally headed out with stops at other resorts to pick up others for the same trip and arrived at the Falls over 2 hours later. We climbed the falls and left to head back around 1 pm, with a stop at Discovery Bay for about 1/2 hour. After letting the others off at their resorts we made it back to Wild Orchid after an 8 hour day, not what we wanted to do the whole day since we had booked a 1/2 day trip, so much for the beach time on Tuesday. On Wednesday, my wife and I had booked a Zip-line adventure with Chukka and had the best time. The fellows working the Zip-line were friendly, professional and made everyone feel at home I just wish I could remember their names, although one was named King. If you have the time, book this, you won't be disappointed.
On Thursday, we utilized the spa at Wild Orchid, and WOW, what an experience. This is a must for the water treatment and relaxing massage you receive. We checked out on Friday with Kevin assisting us, he was very nice, friendly and professional. During our stay, Anthony at the Barracuda Bar, Kurt of Maintainance, Gwendelyn, our room attendent and Owen from the front were wonderful smiling, talkative and just like old friends. We missed Wild Orchid from the moment we got on the transport bus back to the airport. The buffet for breakfast and lunch had a wide variety of food. The snack shacks were good for hunger pains, the surf and turf night for dinner was wonderful. We will definitely be back again next year. My only concern with Wild Orchid, which is probably petty, is we were repeat guests from the previous year but were never acknowledged that fact, although our accompaning couple were. Wild Orchid is like a piece of paradise for us with the way we are always treated. This really is a home away from home.
At the airport, our nonstop flight was supposed to take off at 1:35 pm, but was delayed by what we were told were mechanical problems. Finally at 6;20 pm our flight arrived from Orlando with the pilot informing us he was called in on his day off to cover for the scheduled pilot due to a family emergency. Come on, we waited at the airport for over 8 hours. Want a family emergency, my wife's father had just passed away that morning at 5:40 am back in Virginia and we thought we would be home by early evening. Not happy at all with Airtran.
Enough of that, please consider Wild Orchid for your next trip and enjoy all they have to offer. YOU WON'T BE DISAPPOINTED. Thanks Wild Orchid for a wonderful stay, SEE YOU AGAIN NEXT YEAR!

Room Tip: Book a room closer to the beach area for the best views.
New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 19, 2013

This was the first time my husband & I visited Jamaica & I'm so glad we did. We were at the Wild Orchid from 6/12-6/16 on a short anniversary get away. The resort was "true paradise" & quite beautiful in so many aspects. Our preferred club room & view was breathtaking. We enjoyed a romantic dinner in the main gazebo out in the water....definitely an Anniversary I will never forget. The staff went above & beyond to make our vacation celebration one to remember. Thanks so much to Preferred Club Staff (Clarissa) & (Karen Brown) for all you both did. You're the best! We enjoyed all of the restaurants we went to, evening shows, night club, etc. Our stay at the resort may have been short, but the memories made will last long in our hearts. I can't wait to be "Welcomed Home" once again.

Dear Valued Guest:

We thank you for choosing Secrets Wild Orchid as your anniversary get away and we are happy to hear that our Resort was 'true paradise' and beautiful in many different ways. It is great to know that your accommodations and view were breathtaking and you enjoyed your romantic dining experience out on the water under the gazebo.

Thank you for allowing us to make your anniversary an unforgettable one. Guest satisfaction is very important to us and it great to hear that our team members went above and beyond to make your stay here with us a great vacation celebration. Your recognition of our staff is greatly appreciated and we do thank you for acknowledging their work.

Our appreciation once again for taking the time to provide us with your feedback and we look forward to the pleasure of being of service to you on a future visit.

Warm regards,
Caulette Mornan
Social Networking/Econcierge
Conover, North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 19, 2013

My now husband and I went here for our Honeymoon for a week- when we were asked what we would have changed or improved during our stay we could think of absolutely nothing! This resort was absolutely perfect, we upgraded to the Preferred which was worth it to us- we had a 5 minute check in and was ecstatic about our ocean front room, we were exhausted the first few days so we took advantage of the preferred beach and pools which were not crowded at all and were away from the music and people. The rest of our trip we explored the remainder of the resort including the pool for the whole resort that had a swim up bar, we enjoyed the interaction with other couples since this was an adult only resort (definitely the way to go if you don't have kids on your trip!). The food at the resort was amazing- The Bordeaux restaurant was our favorite followed by the Italian restaurant (best lasagna I've ever had!) and the Japenese restaurant--a tip, this is the only restaurant that requires reservations however reservations are only required if you sit at the grill, we went to this restaurant 2 nights and sat outside both times without reservations and the food was great. The Breakfast buffet was also great in the mornings along with ordering room service, room service was quick (30 minutes and your food would be in the room) and great quality. We actually never ate lunch at the buffet place and opted to order appetizers for room service in the afternoons.

The best aspect of this resort was the attitudes of the workers---we did not meet one single person who was not happy to be working there. As typical as it sounds, all questions or requests were answered with "no problem mon" "everythings alright, of course". We brought $1's for tips and glad we did because these people deserved a tip for the service they provided!

When we return to Jamaica we will be returning to Secrets- the property was amazing, all ocean front property with amazing beaches, great service, great food. We were glad we paid the extra money for a resort like Secrets as well as the preferred status.

Bowie, Maryland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 19, 2013

This resort was truly wonderful!!! We loved it so much, we didn't want to leave. My b/f and I just got back from a 4 day trip (clearly not enough time) from Secrets Wild Orchid and we were truly surprised. We loved everything about this all-inclusive resort, starting with it being ADULTS ONLY! We don't have children and we didn't want to be bothered by anyone else's while on vacation, so this was perfect. This is a perfect place for couples, although we did see some families and all girl/guy groups.

Every single staff member we encountered was truly delightful and very helpful. Everything was, "yeah mon" "no worries!" Joseph in guest services treated us like one of the family. Christine, Isabelle and another lady I can't remember her name as of now at the Front Desk were tremendously helpful and welcoming. The pool area, beach area and the grounds were so nicely kept. You have peacocks on the grounds, as well as a few parrots. You have to try the JERK MAN! He pushes a cart of freshly cooked jerk chicken and will chop up white or dark meat for your pleasure. My b/f went to him everyday...he's officially addicted. The drinks were delish, you have to try the Bob Marley, so yummy! Excursions are available for purchase and taxi's are always standing by if you feel the need to go into town. The hotel is about 15 minutes from the airport and 10 minutes from the "Hip Strip" (Souvenir Shopping) and Margaritaville. We stayed in the PRFERRED CLUB section and I think it was worth the money. We were literally treated like royalty.

Their are a few things that weren't so perfect. For instance, our maid service took forever to clean our rooms daily. Not sure why this was an issue daily, but got kind of annoying. The food here is okay. Not really impressed with any of the breakfast options, but we did like the Portofino Italian Restaurant. The food is just hit or miss. As my b/f kept telling me, stick to what you know. Also, their are an abundance of insects that they spray frequently to control, so bring your bug spray. Not sure what this loud pitched humming noise every night, but it occured nightly. It's so loud, you can hear it in your room. Now that was pretty distracting. I also didn't like the fact that our bathroom wasn't fully enclosed. It's missing a wall, so you don't get complete privacy. Not sure why they didn't just include that extra wall, but oh well. The positives out weight the negatives and no place is perfect. Our room was clean, the beds were comfy, the staff was awesome and the island was beautiful...what more can you ask for?!?!? We're already planning our next stay at Wild Orchid.

Room Tip: Originally I requested a room with a private pool, but it was booked. Thank GOD because the rooms w...
Seattle, Washington
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 18, 2013

My Wife and I just returned from S.W.O. for our honeymoon and loved it. We went the preferred route and glad we did. For us, we got the best of both worlds...when we wanted to just lay by the beach in quite peace, we went to the preferred side. When we wanted a little more of a party scene (not to say it as like a MTV spring break scene) we went to the other side.

I will start with the negatives (I kinda have to really think about them, cause their were not many).
- the inability to lower the room temp. kinda sucked. I like it cold when I sleep and could not get it lower than 75 degrees
- The toilet area was rather small, and kinda lacked privacy. I don't know how large people fit in there. And you have little privacy if someone is taking a shower at the same time.
- Wifi was very inconsistent....then again who needs to be surfing web when you're on a beachfront property.

Now the positives
+ The W.O. staff was amazing. They all worked soooo hard to please us. While I never felt pressure to tip any of the staff, I did so on many occasions.
+ I was impressed with the food. I love my fine dinning, and while it may not have been fine dinning it was still great food.
+ The resort did not seem crowded. Did not have to wait or dinner many times, and when we did it was for no more than 5 min.
+ THE JERK CHICKEN CART
+ The beach staff was great. The whole staff was great in general, but the beach staff was extra special.

Murrysville, Pennsylvania, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 16, 2013

We booked this trip through Lynda Hower of dream makers vacation services in Pittsburgh. She was very helpful and answered all our questions promptly. I highly recommend this resort. The staff was very friendly and the updated rooms and restaurants were great. I would go again. This would be an excellent choice for anyone who is considering an all inclusive for their honeymoon. The preferred club was private and is a nice option to consider.

Room Tip: The swim out pool option is not private. I preferred being on a higher level and having a soak tub o...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
SWO_STJconcierge, Manager at Secrets Wild Orchid Montego Bay, responded to this review, June 18, 2013
Dear Valued Guest

We thank you a million for taking the time to share your feedback with us and we are delighted to know that our resort is ‘excellence’.

Guest Satisfaction is of the utmost importance to us and it does our team members well to know that our service delivery were up to par and trust that we will have the pleasure of hosting you once again.

Once again thank you for posting your review and we do look forward to your return visit soon.

Best regards,
Christina Smith
E-concierge Assistant

Been to Secrets Wild Orchid Montego Bay? Share your experiences!