“Perfect week in Paradise!” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Hot Hot Hot Savings!
Ranked #11 of 63 hotels in Montego Bay
Conover, North Carolina
“Perfect week in Paradise!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 19, 2013

My now husband and I went here for our Honeymoon for a week- when we were asked what we would have changed or improved during our stay we could think of absolutely nothing! This resort was absolutely perfect, we upgraded to the Preferred which was worth it to us- we had a 5 minute check in and was ecstatic about our ocean front room, we were exhausted the first few days so we took advantage of the preferred beach and pools which were not crowded at all and were away from the music and people. The rest of our trip we explored the remainder of the resort including the pool for the whole resort that had a swim up bar, we enjoyed the interaction with other couples since this was an adult only resort (definitely the way to go if you don't have kids on your trip!). The food at the resort was amazing- The Bordeaux restaurant was our favorite followed by the Italian restaurant (best lasagna I've ever had!) and the Japenese restaurant--a tip, this is the only restaurant that requires reservations however reservations are only required if you sit at the grill, we went to this restaurant 2 nights and sat outside both times without reservations and the food was great. The Breakfast buffet was also great in the mornings along with ordering room service, room service was quick (30 minutes and your food would be in the room) and great quality. We actually never ate lunch at the buffet place and opted to order appetizers for room service in the afternoons.

The best aspect of this resort was the attitudes of the workers---we did not meet one single person who was not happy to be working there. As typical as it sounds, all questions or requests were answered with "no problem mon" "everythings alright, of course". We brought $1's for tips and glad we did because these people deserved a tip for the service they provided!

When we return to Jamaica we will be returning to Secrets- the property was amazing, all ocean front property with amazing beaches, great service, great food. We were glad we paid the extra money for a resort like Secrets as well as the preferred status.

3,229 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,190)
Bowie, Maryland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 19, 2013

This resort was truly wonderful!!! We loved it so much, we didn't want to leave. My b/f and I just got back from a 4 day trip (clearly not enough time) from Secrets Wild Orchid and we were truly surprised. We loved everything about this all-inclusive resort, starting with it being ADULTS ONLY! We don't have children and we didn't want to be bothered by anyone else's while on vacation, so this was perfect. This is a perfect place for couples, although we did see some families and all girl/guy groups.

Every single staff member we encountered was truly delightful and very helpful. Everything was, "yeah mon" "no worries!" Joseph in guest services treated us like one of the family. Christine, Isabelle and another lady I can't remember her name as of now at the Front Desk were tremendously helpful and welcoming. The pool area, beach area and the grounds were so nicely kept. You have peacocks on the grounds, as well as a few parrots. You have to try the JERK MAN! He pushes a cart of freshly cooked jerk chicken and will chop up white or dark meat for your pleasure. My b/f went to him everyday...he's officially addicted. The drinks were delish, you have to try the Bob Marley, so yummy! Excursions are available for purchase and taxi's are always standing by if you feel the need to go into town. The hotel is about 15 minutes from the airport and 10 minutes from the "Hip Strip" (Souvenir Shopping) and Margaritaville. We stayed in the PRFERRED CLUB section and I think it was worth the money. We were literally treated like royalty.

Their are a few things that weren't so perfect. For instance, our maid service took forever to clean our rooms daily. Not sure why this was an issue daily, but got kind of annoying. The food here is okay. Not really impressed with any of the breakfast options, but we did like the Portofino Italian Restaurant. The food is just hit or miss. As my b/f kept telling me, stick to what you know. Also, their are an abundance of insects that they spray frequently to control, so bring your bug spray. Not sure what this loud pitched humming noise every night, but it occured nightly. It's so loud, you can hear it in your room. Now that was pretty distracting. I also didn't like the fact that our bathroom wasn't fully enclosed. It's missing a wall, so you don't get complete privacy. Not sure why they didn't just include that extra wall, but oh well. The positives out weight the negatives and no place is perfect. Our room was clean, the beds were comfy, the staff was awesome and the island was beautiful...what more can you ask for?!?!? We're already planning our next stay at Wild Orchid.

Room Tip: Originally I requested a room with a private pool, but it was booked. Thank GOD because the rooms w...
Seattle, Washington
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 18, 2013

My Wife and I just returned from S.W.O. for our honeymoon and loved it. We went the preferred route and glad we did. For us, we got the best of both worlds...when we wanted to just lay by the beach in quite peace, we went to the preferred side. When we wanted a little more of a party scene (not to say it as like a MTV spring break scene) we went to the other side.

I will start with the negatives (I kinda have to really think about them, cause their were not many).
- the inability to lower the room temp. kinda sucked. I like it cold when I sleep and could not get it lower than 75 degrees
- The toilet area was rather small, and kinda lacked privacy. I don't know how large people fit in there. And you have little privacy if someone is taking a shower at the same time.
- Wifi was very inconsistent....then again who needs to be surfing web when you're on a beachfront property.

Now the positives
+ The W.O. staff was amazing. They all worked soooo hard to please us. While I never felt pressure to tip any of the staff, I did so on many occasions.
+ I was impressed with the food. I love my fine dinning, and while it may not have been fine dinning it was still great food.
+ The resort did not seem crowded. Did not have to wait or dinner many times, and when we did it was for no more than 5 min.
+ THE JERK CHICKEN CART
+ The beach staff was great. The whole staff was great in general, but the beach staff was extra special.

Murrysville, Pennsylvania, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 16, 2013

We booked this trip through Lynda Hower of dream makers vacation services in Pittsburgh. She was very helpful and answered all our questions promptly. I highly recommend this resort. The staff was very friendly and the updated rooms and restaurants were great. I would go again. This would be an excellent choice for anyone who is considering an all inclusive for their honeymoon. The preferred club was private and is a nice option to consider.

Room Tip: The swim out pool option is not private. I preferred being on a higher level and having a soak tub o...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
SWO_STJconcierge, Manager at Secrets Wild Orchid Montego Bay, responded to this review, June 18, 2013
Dear Valued Guest

We thank you a million for taking the time to share your feedback with us and we are delighted to know that our resort is ‘excellence’.

Guest Satisfaction is of the utmost importance to us and it does our team members well to know that our service delivery were up to par and trust that we will have the pleasure of hosting you once again.

Once again thank you for posting your review and we do look forward to your return visit soon.

Best regards,
Christina Smith
E-concierge Assistant
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 16, 2013 via mobile

Everything was pretty great! The staff was great and very helpful. I would most likely visit again! The food was great and and plenty of choices. The location was great. It didn't take to much of your time to travel from one location to another. If you're thinking about a vacation, think no more! This is the spot!!

• Stayed June 2013
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 16, 2013 via mobile

This was our second trip to Jamaica. Secrets Wild Orchid is amazing. Everyone treats you like you are someone special. The whole staff is always so happy and friendly. Always singing and dancing, makes you believe they really enjoy what they do. Omar Black was so nice and helpful and our maid, I believe her name was Lorna, was great also. She kept our room so clean and left us surprises just about every night. We will definently love to be a repeat customer again next year. Love it!!!!

• Stayed June 2013
McComb, Mississippi
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 16, 2013

Beautiful and well run resort. My girlfiend and I stayed in their lowest priced room and it was still fantastic. We didnt stay at the preferred club side but i did pay extra for "priveledges" to use that area and it was a waste for me, but if you want a library quiet pool and beach area then that is the place for you. All of the staff are very friendly and always accomodating. With the exception of the food at the mexican restaurant being very bland, everything else I ate was great. The service at the restaurants is outstanding and the array of foods at breakfast is incredible. The grounds are tropical,lush, and kept perfectly manicured. The beach is nice and also offers some ok snorkeling outside of the swim area depending on what youre used to but can be very shallow.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to Secrets Wild Orchid Montego Bay? Share your experiences!