“Secrets Wild Orchid a taste of Elegance” 5 of 5 stars

4.5 of 5 Resort (All-Inclusive)   |   Montego Bay, Jamaica   |
Hotel deals
Ranked #9 of 63 Hotels in Montego Bay
Missouri
“Secrets Wild Orchid a taste of Elegance”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 11, 2013

this is one of my best experiences after just arriving and seeing the overall quality of this resort!
the welcome was very friendly courteous and warm! The setup of this 2 resort complex is unique and well done, large but considerate of the amenities to serve the customers. the food, some of the best anywhere, especially when we had just the buffet, crab legs and shrimp and roasted lamb at your beck and call, pasta bar with chef to attend to your personal choice of pasta experience. Spacious rooms and views, the only downside if at all, was the swim-up rooms were just a little steeper by a step or two from other resorts, so if that is all then I can live with it easily! the beach was just fine, white soft sand and gorgeous, the service etc. this rose right to the top of an all-inclusive adults only facility and I would recommend it highly!

Room Tip: for the bit more quiet side and just a slightly lower price, stay at the St. James, the Wild Orchid...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
SWO_STJconcierge, Manager at Secrets Wild Orchid Montego Bay, responded to this review, July 3, 2013
Dear Valued Guest:

We are so happy to hear that your vacation at Secrets Wild Orchid is one of your best experiences yet. We do thank you for hearing your feedback with us via Trip Advisor and also for choosing our Resort as your vacation destination.

We are pleased to know that you were welcomed with friendly, courteous and warm personalities and we are indeed content in knowing that you enjoyed all the amenities offered to you at our Resort and that you enjoyed your dining experiences.

It was our absolute pleasure being of service to you and glad to know were were able to give you a taste of elegance. We look forward to welcoming you back Home soon.

Warm regards,
Caulette Mornan
Social Networking/Econcierge

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,413)
Mooresville, North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 11, 2013

My husband and I just returned from our first trip to Jamaica and we stayed at the Secrets Wild Orchid, Montego Bay! This trip was our belated Honeymoon (we were married in September) and we knew nothing about the resort, we just picked it based on other reviews and we liked everything we saw on the website. This resort absolutely exceeded our expectations, and we just had the most wonderful time. Not only did we fall in love with the resort, but also with Jamaica and the people. It was only a short 15-20 minute ride from the airport (we opted for a private car) and from the time we arrived on property we were treated like royalty. Garfield and Joseph helped us with our bags and were just so much fun and always good for a daily laugh. After checking in we were greeted by Dacian our concierege who was also so delightful and full of personality. She was always there to answer any questions we might have, help with reservations at the spa, and just to ensure that we made memories that would last a lifetime. Since it was our Honeymoon we decided to splurge a bit when making our reservations and we upgraded to the Preferred Club, which we were so glad we did. We enjoyed everything about the room, and the ocean view was amazing to wake up to each morning. The upgraded amenities were also very nice as were the all day long snacks that were set out in the Preferred Club lobby. There was a bit more privacy with the Preferred Club and we really apprecaited that as well. The food was absolutely outstanding. We ate at all of the restaurants except for Bordeaux, and not once did we have a bad meal. The spa was magnificant and a "must do" while you are at the resort. Don't forget to go an hour before your service to enjoy all of the aminities that it has to offer. I get regular monthly massages, and this was by far the best massage I have ever received and worth every penny.We opted to use this vacation as relaxation so we didn't go on any tours or excursions, but when we return (and there will be a next time), we will definitely do some of the fabulous site seeing that Jamaica has to offer. Thank you to everyone at Secrets Wild Orchid! You made our Honeymoon truly memorable and we will definitely return "home" hopefully in the near future!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Ansonville, North Carolina, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 11, 2013

This was an Honor for me to visit your Resort. From the beginning to the end was totally amazing. I plan to talk to my Director on how Secrets can host our Annual Conference. This is a great resort for Honeymooners or Anniversary Celebrations also. I love the fact that it was a Kids free resort. I will recommend this resort to all of my affiliates.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
Aurora, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 10, 2013

Secrets was the PERFECT place for our honeymoon :) We were looking for a great beach vacation to simply relax and that's exactly what we got! The location is only about a 15 minute ride from the airport and the scenery and view are absolutely breathtaking! The resort is big and has a lot of amenities, but not so big that you get lost there. There were always plenty of open chairs at the beach and at the pools so it didn't matter what time you got down there. We met quite a few other honeymooning couples which was really fun. Most people were vacationing there seemed to be younger couples. All of the restaurants we ate at had great food (the French restaurant, Bordeaux, was my favorite). The only restaurant that needed reservations was the Japanese place, and it was really only if you wanted to eat at the Tepanyaki table. All of the restaurants had indoor or outdoor seating, and we loved eating dinner outside with the water right behind us. The entertainment at Secrets was GREAT...always something going on! Whether it be Jeopardy by the pool, live reggae music at night, guest talent show, or games...there was always something to do. And if you just wanted to sit by the beach and relax, you could do that too!! Overall, the service was AMAZING!! Everyone at Secrets treated us like royalty and made sure we had a great time. Genius, from the entertainment staff, was awesome and definitely made our trip even more fun! (She was our favorite!) We also got to know Simone, our cocktail waitress during the reggae shows, and she was super sweet and we really enjoyed talking with her about Jamaica. We didn't do any excursions because they are a bit of a drive from the resort (1-2 hours in most cases), but we just really wanted to relax anyway. We did enjoy massages at the spa and I would definitely recommend that! Our honeymoon could not have been any better!! Thank you to everyone @ Secrets Wild Orchid!! We would definitely return to this resort!!!

Room Tip: We upgraded to an oceanfront room on the 5th floor in a non-preferred building, but still got the am...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 10, 2013

The people of Jamaice certainly know how to party and to serve. Secrets wild orchid is a great place to go if you are looking to meet other couples or be entertained by people watching. Every modern convenience is within a few hundred feet of each other and the resort layout is great. If you are looking for a relaxed romantic getaway, you may want to try the preferred club or a different resort. We had a great time and enjoyed the strong drinks, really good food, and meeting other couples by the pool. Bartenders were great and I really loved sitting outside at the French restaurant and getting desert served as the piano bar about 50 feet away started up. Great spot.

My only real negatives would be the toilet situation, and the man made beach. The shower stall leaks into the toilet stall and it is very cramped with little privacy. The beach is small and not much of a swimming area, and the sand was imported from a factory in china. Although 1 nice thing about manufactured sand is that it doesn't stick to you for very long.

Party Leo is the Best!

Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 10, 2013 via mobile

We came to Secrets for a wedding at the end of may for five days. At first I was floored at the price as I'm a frugal person and couldn't fathom spending so much on a resort. Boy oh boy was I WRONG. This resort raised the bar and showed me you truly get what you pay for. I had the BEST time of my life. I am still a little sad to be home and its bee 2 weeks :-/. Everything from beginning to end was perfection. I've never been more relaxed and at ease in my life. I truly think that everyone should experience this resort and the island of Jamaica at least once in their life. I LOVED Godfrey (Best Lemondrop martini!)(Piano Bar), Rayon (server at Portofino) (as he says, "like the material" LOL), Oscar (Room Service) and PARTY Leo at the pool! it sucks to be back home but one thing I will always have are my memories from this glorious paradise. How can I forget. THE JERK CHICKEN!!!!!! Omg. Best chicken of your life. Was always more of an oxtail fan. This place changed that! I'm currently in school so this was a treat for me. I can't wait until I can return and come for more days. Anyone on the fence. There's really nothing to think about. Anyone who gives this place anything less than 5 stars has something wrong with them and is just miserable with life and NOTHING short of Jesus appearing would make them happy and crack a smile LOL

• Stayed May 2013
San Francisco, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 8, 2013

Hello there my Fellow TripAdvisor loves!
Let me first say that this was the best vacation that i have ever experienced in my life. Let me tell you I have never felt so special and been treated so well by a group of staff in my life. First off lets talk about the staff....
Renae who checked us in quickly and picked the most amazing rooms with the best views for me and my girls, you were amazing with us and our requests and our needs. You made us feel like VIP's from the start and I cannot thank you enough.

Omar, you were the sweetest most charming fellow that we ran into on the resort. Thank you so much for the spa certificates and the lovely introduction we had with you. You are truly special.

Our AMAZING BUTLERS_ Petrona, Dalton, and Michael you all are dream staff and I can truly say that I love you all. I truly feel that thru you all I had some of the best memories and experiences because of your efforts for me and my groupl and all of the work that you all put in for my birthday. Just incredible. Such genuine and kind people made our stay amazing.

Kassandra and Nicola our wonderful Housekeepers. The way you kept our room beautiful and clean was so nice. And the work that you all put into my Birthday party and the decorating of my suite was absolutely wonderful and i cannot thank you enough.

Now to the resort....
A group of 6 girls on a resort can be hit or miss, but my friends and I had a blast. From the start we were greated at the doors with champagne and appetizers. Friendly faces and warm spirits were what welcomed us and greeted us at Secrets Wild Orchid. Renae checked us in and found us the most amazing rooms with fabulous views as she promised when we had questions about our room locations.
The rooms were spacious and clean and up to date. The beds were oh so comfortable.and the room stays nice and cool as long as the doors are closed. The service we recieved was just incredible. The food was wonderful and every night was something delicious. Lobster night and all american grill nite were a couple of our favorites at the World Cafe.
Italian at Porvino was fantastic and very tasty. All of the bars were great including the Barefoot grille, The Barracuda Swing bar, and the Coco Cafe were great. I was totally impressed.
Also let me say, the liquor was always top shelf and when you ask for stronger or more you definitely always get it. No questions asked. The service was impeccable and I have absolutely no complaints. Our butlers and all of the staff were so warm and kind to our needs and they fulfilled our dreams of a great vacation beyond our expections. We were treated like royalty and it made my birthday PERFECT!
The beach was clean with beautiful water and dozens of cute little fish and crab and the occasional small friendly little sting ray. Although it was rocky in some areas of the beach and water, the water was so nice and cool and refreshing.
One of the sweetest parts is that this place is wonderful in the aspect of being adults only, and also with that there is level of comfort and relaxation that just isn't found at family style resorts. Everyone was in a great mood and the place is just alive with color and beautiful trees and plants.
The parrots were a particular favorite with my group as were all animal lovers and enjoyed talking to the parrots, The beautiful peacocks were amazing and always fanned out in the early morning for mating.
The hit with my group was also the absolutely fabulous SPA, wonderful hydrotherapy circuits, and top of the line massage treatments and wraps. We were in HEAVEN. Afterward you are greeted with cool cucumbers and a cool towel after you leave the sauna. Then we were lead into the relaxation area to lounge with a glass of champagne, fresh fruit infused water, or coffee and tea. I just love this place and people . Such an amazing experience.
On the night of my birthday they made sure the Hibachi grill was all set for me and my party and they also made sure that my local (Jamaican) friends were able to come as well. I felt so loved and so special and I just can't thank you all enough. I literally cried when we left the resort, and will be back in November with my mom bc this place should NEVER remain a SECRET.
Thanks you and love you all!

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends

Been to Secrets Wild Orchid Montego Bay? Share your experiences!