“Incredible Experience!” 5 of 5 stars

GreenLeadersPlatinum level
Memphis, Tennessee
“Incredible Experience!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 22, 2013

I've been to every island in the Carribean and this experience was by far the BEST! The accomodations were immaculate, the food was outstanding and the service was unbelievable! The spa is also incredible!! We were treated with the utmost respect and the entire staff was amazing! Mr. Billy Love and Jeremy at reception and Karen at the pool made the trip the most special. I highly reccommend Secrets Wild Orchid and I can't wait to go back!!

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,587)
Chagrin Falls, Ohio
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 22, 2013

I just returned from 5 days and four nights at the Secrets Wild Orchid ! Fantastic trip ! The staff was wonderful , very friendly and accomidating. The food was average, except for the Jerk Chicken Cart on the beach, he on the other hand was to die for ! I could have eaten that at every meal. Do not miss the entertainment by the piano bar. It is a must. The steal drum band was fantastic. There is nothing better than dancing to "RED RED WINE" out in the moon light of Montego Bay. The rooms were beautiful and there was not a bad view anywhere on the resort. I will definately return.

Room Tip: My room number was 2504 and I loved the view of the Sunset , the bay and the mountains. It was a lit...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled solo
Dayton, Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 22, 2013

We traveled to Secrets Wild Orchid for our honeymoon in September, 2012. We loved our visit! We were welcomed with a juice (super refreshing in the Jamaican heat) and a "welcome home". There were lots of activities on the resort or it was just as easy to stay in and not be bothered. Clean rooms, clean resort. Our shower leaked a bit but they came quickly to fix it. Food was great and we never had a wait at a restaurant. Oscar and his "jiggy coffee" were such a joy each morning at breakfast. Overall, adored our trip and would go back in a heartbeat. Bon Jovi (really!) was an awesome addition to the resort's entertainment team. Make sure to ask the pool bartender (Alvin) for his "Alvin Special". We loved the photos that were taken around the resort during our stay that we were able to purchase at the end of the trip. They are some of our most prized photos!

Room Tip: A room above the 3rd floor--but they are all awesome.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Baltimore
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 20, 2013

Let me first say that we were booked at the Secrets St James. We arrived late due to airport delays, so when we got to the St James and used our UVC upgrade, we were taken over to the sister resort of Wild Orchid. This resort is fabulous! It was our first time at a Secrets; our first time at an adults-only resort. The grounds are stunning, right down to the resident peacocks who wondered the grounds. Our house-keeper was Arla. She took great care of us, made us feel at home. We accidently left our safe open one morning and she stayed and kept watch until she could let us know, so we could lock it up. This is integrity at its highest! We applaud Arla and the Secret's staff, who called while I was in the room to confirm everything was good to go.
ROOM - we were put in to a main floor suite that opened up to the main Wild Orchid pool. We only had to walk a few feet out from our patio each morning to get to the pool.The room itself was great. I enjoyed the fact that they have several NY TV channels, plus ESPN. I know, we're on vacation, but its still a nice touch. The swim-up bar right outside of our room was the Sugar Reef, where Harry, the best bartender at Secrets!, kept us happy with Mango Tango's the whole week. I found out that the staff rotates around, but if you get a pool-side server named Kedeshia (hopefully I spelled that right) you will never have to leave your chair for a drink and will never go thirsty. Service at Secrets is top priority.
FOOD - DON"T pass up on the jerk chicken cart! This stuff is awesome! The cart goes up and down the main sidewalk between the pools and the beach, from one end of the Wild Orchid side to the other end of the St James side from about noon until 2-3. We tried all of the restaurants, couldn't fault any of them. Our favorite meal was at the French place... the beef tournadoes were melt-in-your-mouth. I won't go into great detail, since food is so subjective, but will give one piece of advice. If you're the type who wants to "get in and get out" for a meal, you may find the service a tad slow, as I'd seen in some reviews prior to going. For me the service was spot on. We go on vacation to relax and enjoy - the servers do everything in their power to make sure you have a fantastic meal. All of the servers we had were great... Donna, at El Patio, was wonderful.
Entertainment- The entertainment staff here is really great. I wish I could remember all of their names, but I'm sorry to say the names aren't coming to my mind while I write this review. Especially sad as the young man with a french sounding name starting with "M" was absolutely the best I've seen at the 3 resorts I've been too. He kept us laughing all the time - We even talked him into jumping into the pool fully clothed one afternoon. Someone got it on camera, hopefully its hit FB by now =) We didn't stay up for a lot of the night-time entertainment as the sun and the alcohol had us in bed early. But, we did hear the steel band one evening. They put on a great show.
TIPS for your trip - For some reason I only booked our shared transfer ride one-way from the airport. Jaital transfer company is very good and prompt. Book both ways when you book, or book your return trip as soon as you've checked into the resort or you'll pay a hefty rate for a taxi back to the airport. FYI - for your return, make sure you allow a good 3 hours before your departure time. We only allowed a tad over 2 hours and had very little time to shop at duty-free.
TIPS in general - the cosmos at the piano bar between the restaurants are AWESOME! and the guys there who play the piano, and one sings too, are a real treat. This bar does all types of martinis as their specialty. Its a nice change from the frozen drinks we enjoyed at the pool. Get there early, 6ish, to get a spot at the bar. You can get a beeper if you have to wait for dinner. Its well worth the wait.
Lastly, we are Unlimited Vacation Club members - we booked a regular suite and used our membership to "upgrade" our room and to get the free wi-fi. When we looked at the rates for wi-fi we realized that alone saved us $90US. Its a really nice perk. Could we have lived without it? sure! But, it was nice to have. Also, a nice shout-out to Navarro at the Preferred Club - he was there to help me anytime I had questions. Colleeta, over at St James was our UVC concierge. She reminded us we were there to be pampered. And boy did they do that!! This was our first time booking through UVC and let me tell you it was everything we were told about during our membership sign-up. We couldn't be happier with our membership. We were thrilled by all of the employees at this resort, who, welcomed us home! Thank you all! We loved Secrets Wild Orchid- you all do a fantastic job!

Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Memphis
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 18, 2013

I was a first timer to Jamaica and all inclusive trips. My group was celebrating our 40th birthdays. I must tell you this property and the staff are simply amazing. Upon arrival, you are treated like royalty. Champagne, a cool towel, and some of the sweetest smiles in the world greet you. You are escorted to your room and all your ammenties are pointed out. The rooms are extremely comfortable and include a mini bar, which is restocked daily. You can even make special requests for items you prefer. The giant jacuzzi tub is a plus as well as the wonderful rain shower head. If you book the ocean view room, your balcony views will NOT disappoint. I was completely blown away by all of the food options at this resort. I can honestly say I never had a meal that was not absolutely yummy! Never had a problem finding beach chairs or pool loungers for my group. Once you get comfy in your chair, don't bother getting up for a drink. The servers are always ready to bring you a frozen concoction or an ice cold beer. I literally never had to move. The evenings are filled with music, food, and fun. If you forget to bring something with you, never fear. It can be found at any of the shops located on the property. The spa services are top notch too! Do yourself a huge favor and visit this resort!!! If you see Mr. Billy Love or Mr. Alex Jeremy upon arrival, tell them the group of crazy Tennessee girls sent you.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
SWO_STJconcierge, Manager at Secrets Wild Orchid Montego Bay, responded to this review, May 15, 2013
Dear Valued Guest:

It is great to know that we exceeded your expectations and that you were satisfied with many different areas of the resort. We do take much delight in ensuring our guests receive top luxury service and we are happy to know you enjoyed the variety of amenities offered to you and your group.
It was our pleasure having you here at the resort and we are hoping you all return soon.

Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 18, 2013

I had the most enjoyable, relaxing vacation I have ever had at Secrets Wild Orchid. The resort yielded the utmost in luxury. Everything from suites, the food, the grounds, to the employees was perfect. Garfield Gunning (Bellboy) was my favorite employee on the resort. He was super friendly and always made me feel comfortable.

I have and will continue to recommend this resort to anyone looking for a luxurious vacation. It is AWESOME!!!

Dear Valued Guest:

Thank you for your kind words. It does please us much that we were able to provide you with the right environment for you to have “the most enjoyable, relaxing vacation ever”. Guests’ satisfaction is very important to us and much pride is taken to ensure that we offer the kind of luxurious service that is expected of us.

Looking forward to creating more happy memories for you!

New Orleans, Louisiana, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 18, 2013

We had our annual company trip at this resort and it was amazing. We've been to several other countries and stayed at resorts - mostly Riu - and our company's consensus was that Secrets was the best so far. The grounds were beautiful, the food was diverse and delicious, and the staff was fantastic! On several occassions, we found different staff members singing - from the waiters and waitresses, to the maid service, to the concierges, and bellboys. Either Secrets goes out of their way to hire the happiest employees they can find or they pay them well enough to make them happy. Regardless, their happiness was contagious! We had an awesome time!

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Dear Valued Guest:

We are glad you had an awesome time here with us and that this has been the best stay for your group so far.
Here at our resort, we do have many talented individuals that are a part of our team who enjoy entertaining our guests on a regular basis from singing to dancing, and putting a big smile on faces.
Hope you choose Secrets Wild Orchid again for your next annual company trip.

eConcierge Assistant

Been to Secrets Wild Orchid Montego Bay? Share your experiences!