“Great Stay” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Secrets St James

Save Saved
You added Secrets St James to your Saves list
Secrets St James
4.5 of 5 Resort (All-Inclusive)   |   Lot A59 Freeport, Montego Bay, Jamaica   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Hot Hot Hot Savings!
Ranked #9 of 63 hotels in Montego Bay
union
“Great Stay”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 16, 2012

We were in Jamaica April 1-6th, 2012. The weather was perfect and the vacation was wonderfully relaxing. I truly appreciated being able to sit beachside without breing hassled y anyone selling their goods and the water was lovely. The hotel accomodations were clean, well kept, modern with an oceanfront view. It seemed they thought over most amenities. The night shows were great and for the first time ever, I traveled to foreign lands and wasnt compelled to leave the complex despite many opportunities. The only, and I mean only thing that I found lacking was food in a few restaurants, The asian inspired restaurant was great. I enjoyed the breakfast buffet. The jerk cart was excellent. That was the best jerk chicken Ive ever had and Ive had plenty. The jerk cooking class was great. The jerk cart and the asian restaurant made up for the Bordeaux which was terrible. The other restaurants and room service were ok but nothing to write home about. But I must say the jeerk cart worked for lunch and was perfect.
The grounds were cleanly kept, the staff was gracious and welcoming and the pools were never crowded. Overall, I cant wait to return.

3,229 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,216)
Toronto Canda
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 14, 2012

This place is fantastic place to get away and really relax and unwind. Warm friendly people making you feel like a star. The food and entertainment activities was superb and the spa is out of this world.The staff at the front desk, especally Marlene and Dexter ensured a pleasant experience ,we extended our stay. You will not want to leave this paradise.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled as a couple
canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 14, 2012

My trip to Secrets Montego Bay was one of the greatest experiences ever. The staff was amazing, friendly and polite especially the front desk. They always have pleasant faces and eager to help in whatever way. This resort is home away from home, beautiful, clean and relaxing. Excellent variety of food, the most exotic, tasty drinks one will ever drink. Great restaurants especially the french and japanese. To top it all off, the spa was out of this world, once you go there you want to stay forever!!!!!!! See you soon Secrets St. James, can't wait to go back.

Room Tip: ocean front
  • Stayed December 2011, traveled as a couple
Kingston
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 14, 2012

On arrival we were taken to the check-in area offered a cold towel and choice of drink which was well appreciated considering it was a hot day. The food was good. If you visit then don't miss Surf and Turf night and check out the Pan chicken man. The sauce was WICKED.
We waited too long to be seated at the speciality restaurant. The room was clean and comfortable. There was a personal hot tub in the room so it was relaxing to sit in the tub and watch some football. The landscaping was beautiful but the beach was a little stoney. There was a number of pool area to compensate. The property is big so you can create your own private area. Overall the weekend was good.

Gander, Canada
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 14, 2012

It seems that when I read all the reviews here I noticed that most were really good. The bad ones were very few but they were amazing to read. The bad reviews are really bad! I dismissed it and we booked for 7 days at the Preferred Club St. James.
Well, I now know why the bad ones are really bad! We had a horrible stay! Filled with lies, missed tours, poor house keeping, grumpy front desk staff, power outages, bugs in our food, no Wi-fi, no access to a first aid kit, poor room service and the list goes on and on!!
So ........ If you are one of the Lucky ones I guess you'll have a wonderful time but if you are as lucky as I was you'll never set foot in any Secrets resort again!
Good luck!!
Pay your money and take you chances!!

Newton
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 14, 2012

My husband and I arrived March 24,2012. I was afraid it would be boring without friends from home. Just the opposite. Husband on crutches needed wheelchair. Front desk left us hanging on that one. Fatiged and hungry from trip went to bar restaurant at poolside. Mr. Coats in management saw husband stood up from table and said he needs a wheelchair. He gave us his card. I went to bellman who immediately gave me a wheelchair which we used the whole 8 days without charge. Thank you Mr. Coats, you are the man! Minor light bulb out in room, rain shower shooting out sideway.Reported this. It was fixed when we returned to room. Never saw anyone. Entertainment people at pool great. Dyed shirts, made bracelets, great cooking class, yoga, zumba, my favorite was painting. A local artist at poolside, Mr. Waites I think his name, helped you paint pictures that you can't believe you did. I did that twice. $20.00 worth it. Food may not knock your socks off but good. Lots of night entertainment. We met people to hang out with. Lots of day trips we only did sunset cruise. Very good. Only 10 minutes to airport. Bed great. People sooooo friendly. Yah Man. Go!

• Stayed March 2012, traveled as a couple
Brooklyn
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 13, 2012

Our visit was a rewarding experience.We were given a friendly "welcome home greeting"by the vip manager,Marcia Smith.Check in was speedy and relaxing.We were then excorted to our room.The room- wow; devine; Miss Smith was pleasant,calm and a people person who did a fantasti job in coordiating our activities so that we had an hillarious vacation.Thanks Marcia ,you are a bright star and an asset to the hotel. To me this a five star service

Room Tip: higer rooms facing montego bays night lights
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Secrets St James? Share your experiences!