“Love this place,we spent our honeymoon there in nov.3,1973” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Sign Great House and Cottages

Sign Great House and Cottages
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Montego Bay
Sign Great House and Cottages
You added Sign Great House and Cottages to your Saves list
Montego Bay, Jamaica   |
Ranked #13 of 39 Montego Bay B&B and Inns
Lakeland, Florida
“Love this place,we spent our honeymoon there in nov.3,1973”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2011

We arrived there in Nov and was picked up at the airport by an employee of SGH.when we arrived at the resort it was so beautiful with flowers and lawns so well taken care of.We loved the room,well taken care of with a candy and a big flower on our pillow and neet and clean.we enjoyed the pool a lot.there was horse back ridding there,where they guided you through Banana groves and senic sights.
Its will be 38 years come this Nov 3 and I'm in the mist of planning a trip with my sweetheart.Out honeymoon is on going and I believe it was because of our stay at SGH.

• Stayed September 2010, traveled as a couple

Solo
Business
NM
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 25, 2010

My father was a part owner of Sign Great House during the early 80's. During a trip to Jamaica in 1995 we visited the property only to find it in complete disarray. Too bad, as it looked like an amazing spot. There were two gentleman that were acting as care takers/security and I believe that they told us that the property had been bought by a european couple who were in the process of renovating some of the cottages. Not sure what ever happened with that. I left my Sign Great House "staff" t-shirt there, I wonder if it's still hanging on the back of the chair I left it on.

• Stayed March 2010, traveled with family
ms
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 29, 2008

we had a WONDERFUL honeymoon in 1975 at sign great house. food was wonderful, as well as the entire experience.
A local artist was painting a watercolor of the great house while we were there and we bought it, and it still hangs in our bedroom.

Stayed August 2003
Savannah, GA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 8, 2004

Sign Great House used to belong to my family and was at that time named "Huntsville". It was an old pimento(allspice) plantation tucked back in the hills behind Montego Bay. I wish they'd create a website, too! When I was a little girl there we only had kerosene lights in the house and an icebox. Ice came from town wrapped in a banana leaf. Cooking was done in the outside kitchen on a woodstove.

Charlotte, North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 11, 2003

Unlike the earlier reviews, we honeymooned there (in Feb, 1975) and we're still together. Sign was a wonderful place with the great house and surrounding cottages. Our cottage was spotless and the attendant took great care of us, even lining up shoes in the closet. We never saw her since she serviced the room while we were at meals, which were served under the open air thatched roof. Our waiter for the entire visit was also the tennis pro, who whipped me soundly on the court. I remember the poinsettias growing wild up the side of cottages. What a great start to our marriage! I am also trying to find out if Sign is still open.

A TripAdvisor Member
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 6, 2003

Like the two previous reviews, we had a perfect vacation there years ago (1985) and just wanted to see if SGH was still open. Would like to spend some time there again in the future. FYI for prospective guests...this is an old plantation a little way out of town with it own vegetable gardens, lovely cottages, a pleasant outdoor dining room and beautiful grounds with jelly palms and pimento (allspice) trees. It's not new and modern, and not right on the beach, so if that's what you're looking for, this isn't it. It's perfect for a quiet, romantic getaway.

A TripAdvisor Member
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 5, 2003

I also spent my honeymoon at Sign Great House in 1974. Like the previous review the marriage didn't last but the memories have. The accomodations and grounds were beautiful. The staff were courteous, helpful and always had a warm smile. As stated by the other writer I also was looking to see if it was still open as I am interested in traveling to Jamaica in October and would love to stay there once again. So please, please ,please ,Sign Great House create a web page so everyone may see how wonderful your facility is. Karen S.

Been to Sign Great House and Cottages? Share your experiences!