“The best kept secret in Montego Bay!!!” 5 of 5 stars

Relax Resort
2.5 of 5 Resort   |   26 Hobbs Avenue, Montego Bay, Jamaica   |
Ranked #30 of 63 Hotels in Montego Bay
Toronto, Canada
“The best kept secret in Montego Bay!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 26, 2014

I stayed at this hotel for 8 days in May with my family and it was just amazing. The staffs were, helpful, courageous, warm and most improtantly professional. The suit was cleaned daily and the the pool area was well kept. The grounds are also well kept with lots of beautiful flowers. The views are amazining from the hills were the hotel sits, which overlook the beautiful sea. The managers D and Don were very nice and make sure we are taken care of. The Kids loved it ! I will definately recommend this hotel and stay there again. The best part is it's extreamly close to the aipport but far enough from the noise. It's also close to the Hip Strip and beaches....It has a resturaunt on site meals are delicious!!

Room Tip: The 2 beds are good as it has a Kitchen and 2 balcony..
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (20)
Florida City, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 7, 2014

Relax Resort is the Best Hotel, I've ever stayed at. The entire staff is very polite and friendly. I had my wedding and reception there and everyone was every professional. Clean rooms, delicious food, with 5 star service around the clock. The Resort itself was beautiful and the scene is amazing for events such as weddings, honeymoon, vacation or anything you have in mind. I have recommended many friends there for their paradise wedding. I plan to return to the Jamaica soon and Relax Resort is where I will be staying.

Room Tip: All the rooms were perfect!
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
Mississauga, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 2, 2014

I had the opportunity to attend a wedding at this resort. Love the owners who were very welcoming. The cleaning staff were constantly asking if I needed anything. The kitchen staff prepared our meals as requested and it was very delicious. The gardener does an amazing job at keeping the grounds beautiful and pretty. Absolutely gorgeous view and gardens. Definitely going back.

Room Tip: I had a room on the higher level. Quite a bit of walking up the stairs but that is good for the hear...
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled with friends
London, England, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 30, 2014

THIS IS THE EDITED VERSION OF PREVIOUS REVIEW

I checked into Relax Resort for 6 nights at short notice after checking out of another horrible hotel. Although I was accommodated, it became clear to me after i checked out of the hotel that the price I paid for each night was at the top of the rates, I was not informed by the female front desk staff of the other options. I had guest visiting me which seem to be a problem to the manager of the hotel, he summons me to the office and almost reprimanded me for not signing in my guest. There was an assumption on the managers part that i knew about the policy of signing guest and that I was deliberately ignoring policy. The managers tone and mannerism was absolutely horrible. The self contained apartments with, a kitchen area, microwave and a mini fridge was I deal though I did not bother to cook. Other than the mannerism of the manager , the roaches (pest) was the only other problem. The hotels location is 3 mins away from the airport on a hill with a clear view of the airport runway. Local taxi from town will take you back to the hotel should you go shopping, site seeing, the hip strip or any other business away from the hotel. Free parking and Wifi is essential for me, both were available. i have to acknowledge the male front desk staff (forgotten his name) who was very polite and understanding when making my reservation, he made every effort to ensure that my stay was a great one. He mostly work evenings , he will do what ever it takes to ensure you are looked after. I would go back there purely based on the location, privacy, the tranquility and the male front desk staff, I cannot comment on other aspects of the hotel as I had no need to use other services that was on offer.

Room Tip: If you drive parking is at the rear of the hotel, so might be best to get a room at the top level of...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled solo
Minneapolis, Kansas
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 12, 2014

I stayed at the relax resort it was quite. ..there was more staff then guest..the service was poor..the bar was not open 24 hours..free shuttle was not really free..the food was not prepared how u ordered it..the bar was open only in the morning and evening. .the pops was outdated. ..the rooms was nothing like they look online..bugs was flying in the room all night. ..I will never stay here again other than the hotel Jamaica was a very fun place to visit. .

• Stayed February 2014
Vaughan, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 28, 2014

My wife and i spent our honeymoon at Relax Resort on June 26 to July 2,2013 and it was such a beautiful experience, the grounds was so beautiful,all the flowers were well groomed the way they were cascade along the side of the fence.The Honeymoon suite was quite remarkable i liked the decoration that they did with the fresh cut flowers. The Manager even through in complimentory meals on our first day which was quite unexpected the staffs were very helpful and friendly. Am looking forward to having another great experience.I have recomended Relax Resort to all my co-workers who is seeking a family friendly spot in Montego Bay. Thanks to all the staffs at Relax Resort for making our stay so unforgetable. ( mr. & mrs. Kean T )

Room Tip: Rooms on the 3rd floor offers a spectacular view of Montego Bay and its only five minutes from the...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Toronto, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 28, 2014

me and a couple of my buddies decided to take a vacation at a place we've never been before. we chose the relax resort because it was right next to the airport. as first time visitors to jamaica, we were treated by the owners and the staff with excellent service. we were very surprised that the resort was very clean and the food was amazing despite of the reviews we've read before. we had an amazing 4 night stay and would come back for our next vacation.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled with friends

Been to Relax Resort? Share your experiences!