“Can't wait to go back!!” 5 of 5 stars

Montego Bay Club Resort
Gloucester Avenue | White Sand, Montego Bay, Jamaica   |
Ranked #27 of 63 Hotels in Montego Bay
Halifax, Canada
“Can't wait to go back!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 20, 2011

We stayed at this resort becasue of the price and location!! GREAT price and the location was AWESOME!!!. and There was a AWESOME AWESOME view from our condo. We stayed in 805, and the owner HENRY!! was very helpfu and funny!! It mad use feel more comfortable!! The location was great for the beach and getting a taxi!! WE took a few trips to the Pork Pit!!! What anesome food there!! mmmmm

• Stayed May 2011, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (5)
New York City, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 3, 2011

I stayed here for eleven days and cannot say that I had a bad day.It is an ideal place if you do not need all the touristy trappings of a resort or hotel. Our unit was fully furnished with all basic amenities. Microwave,fridge, air condition, and a view of Dr's Cove beach that was incomparable. At night we sat on the balcony and checked out the street activities and sipped our beverage.We had one incident of moth like insects that came in following the light...but they were easy to get rid of. For cheap eats on a daily basis you must go to Mo'Bay Proper. Try thier steam fish. Awesome. The owner " Stretch" is a really nice person. Plus you can hang out at lesiure with wifi connect throught the place.Brownman's jerk chicken is a must. Night vendor on the strip.

Room Tip: Speak to Mrs Scott
  • Stayed March 2011, traveled as a couple
Alberta
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 2, 2011

When I first saw the building I was not thrilled, the outside of the building is grungy and dirty. It actually reminded me of an old cruddy apartment in the projects. The inside had the same kind of feel. Don't book here expecting a luxury resort, because it's not.

When I walked into the room (401) my heart just kinda sank. I had a similar feeling about this place that I had about another place that I did not like in Mexico which if you have read my previous reviews you KNOW which place I am talking about.

As I settled in I always have an attitude of "let's make the best of this" but in the back of my mind I was thinking that I should stop letting my wife book our vacation accommodations.

The more time I spent in the room, the more it grew on me. It was actually a cute little apartment. The room had a table for two, a king size bed, full kitchenette with full size fridge, a full bathroom, and a sink outside the bathroom which was handy to brush your teeth or put on sunscreen while someone else showered. There was also a nice balcony off the bedroom area that featured a lounge chair and a table and chair set where you could enjoy a nice meal outside.

Even though the building itself was grubby, the room was very clean. And the cleaning staff was very good. They cleaned the room every 2 days like clockwork. The owner called from time to time to check on us which was very nice I thought. And Mr. James the man who picked us up and dropped us off at the airport was an awesome gentleman.

One major complaint for me was the internet, there was no internet in the room. You had to go up to the top floor and use the internet from the El Greco resort which was usable in the pool area.

The only other thing that bothered me was the noise from the street on the "hip strip" all times of day and night losers with booming stereos drive up and down the hip strip blasting their stereo so loud that you can FEEL it, and it sets off every car alarm in the neighborhood which gets annoying.

We stayed for 14 days, and at the end of it #401 felt like home.

If you are going to stay in Mobay, I would give this little place a chance if you are an independent traveler that does not need luxury accommodations, but rather a homey little bachelor pad that you can call home while you check out the sites and sounds of Mobay.

Also keep in mind that all units are independently owned so if you are not staying in #401, you might have a different experience than ours.

• Stayed January 2011, traveled as a couple
washington dc
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 26, 2011

Perfect getaway, affordable, clean and great location. Beach is only a step away, nightlife and eateries all within steps of the resort. Great decor in unit very relazing and comfortable your home away from home. Would recommend to all to take advantage of Glenn/ Roots units available within in the Resort. Mary L.

• Stayed January 2011, traveled solo
Washington DC, District of Columbia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 6, 2010

I stayed in room 407....very clean....beautifully decorated. Great view from balcony and wonderful furniture on the balcony. Had a wonderful time in Montego Bay....loved the food at the Pork Pit right in walking distance. Loved grabbing a cab to go to the shopping area. Just one warning...stay away from Richard --, a maintenance man at the resort...he will try to hustle and rob you and stay away from the Manager, Edgar --.

• Stayed November 2010, traveled solo
Chicago, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 25, 2010

This was my first trip to Montego Bay. Montego Bay Club is a building with privately owned units. The unit we stayed in was very well maintained, comfortable and clean. Plenty of towels and linen were provided, and the kitchen contained everything we needed, except food. Maid service was available if we wanted it but we chose not to use it on a daily basis. The views from the unit, pool and lounge area are absolutely spectacular. There was certainly not a shortage of things to do in the area. Doctors Cave Beach is located right across the street, and Margaretville is a short walk down the street. There is even a Casino down the street that had wonderful live music and very inexpensive food. I think the best part of Montego Bay Club is that it is located 5 minutes from the airport, which allows you to start and vacation almost immediately upon arrival in Montego Bay. I would certainly recommend Montego Bay Club to anyone.

• Stayed November 2010, traveled as a couple
Chicago, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2010

Probably the best thing about this place is the location. It is right in the middle of everything to do in Montego Bay. You can walk to all the great restaurants, shopping but best of all it is across from Doctor's Cave Beach.

The apartments in the building are individually owned so the individual units vary. The condo I stayed in was clean and spacious. I liked the idea that I could cook my own meals if I wanted to and liked the extra space the condo gave. Also was nice to have a washing machine. It felt like home away from home and I was really sad to leave.

HomeAway.com is a great place to find montego bay club rentals by owner. Anyplace that mentions "across from doctor's cave" is probably montego bay club. The resort use to have a rental office on site, but i hear there were problems with the management so they no longer do it.

• Stayed May 2010, traveled with family

Been to Montego Bay Club Resort? Share your experiences!