“Dive Seaworld Jamaica” 3 of 5 stars

Ranked #55 of 63 hotels in Montego Bay
Dallas, Texas
“Dive Seaworld Jamaica”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 29, 2010

I dealt with Roy Watkin with Dive Seaworld at the Cariblue Hotel. My girlfriend and I used him for her snorkel and my dive experience in Jamaica. Captain Fox and Steve the dive master took very good care of us. Roy meet us after I our cruise ship arrive on April 21, 2010. I had the information desk call him. After our dive experience I talked to Roy about the bad review from customer and that I saw none of the problems that were mention.

• Stayed April 2010, traveled as a couple

18 people have reviewed this hotel

Business
Kyiv
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 12, 2010

Luckily, did not stayed in hotel, and just used diving center for a dive. So far, I made diving at 5 different countries and used around 10 differend PADI diving center, but I have to tell you that this is the worst diving center I ever used. PADI shall exclude it from its list.
First of all, the air stinks and is not safe for the body. Secondly, the boat itself is not safe, but hey do not even have life jackets at the boat! can you imagine that!?
Even instructors from the diving center honestly told us that the owner of diving center, Roy Watkin, knows about the problems but so greedy, that does not want to change this. Guess what, prices are 30% higher than in 5-star PADI center at 5-star hotel RIU Montego Bay.
I wish I would never have been to this diving center.
Guys, be very careful!

• Stayed December 2009, traveled as a couple
Canada
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 7, 2010

no facilities, no service, expensive, not checked scuba gears, air in tanks with smell, not clean/chlorinated swimming pool, old dangerous/not safe boat. Do not pay up front to the owner - Roy Watkin - he will cheat you

• Stayed January 2010, traveled as a couple
Saugerties, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 31, 2007

I had been to Jamaica 7 times before staying At the Cariblue,
I made a great choice. Total privacy, beyond friendly and accomodating staff,any thing you want is there all you have to do
is ask for it from snorkeling/diving to fishing and sunning, anything you want to do, or not is there. I made my own meal plan/and drinks and found the cuisine to be of local influence
and consistantly delicious from breakfast thru dinner and you
do not go hungry what ever you order. Dont be afraid to call and
talk the coordinator...Cariblue is awsome....ED

Stayed April 2003
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 27, 2004

We went to the Cariblue for our honeymoon and have been back once since .

It is was an affordable if somewhat rundown Motel, with a range of characters that at times led it to seem like a sort of tropical fawlty towers.

The area around Cariblue, which is also affordable if somewhat rundown, gives you a hint of what it would be like to live in a developing country on a minimal income.

Don't believe the website. The food is very mediocre. We finally ended up going to the market, buying our food, and getting someone to cook it for us. Visiting the market was a real adventure, and the meal we ended up with was authentic Jamaican.

If you get a room with an ocean outlook you will think ou have died and gone to heaven.

Cariblue is no prepackaged, mass production club med resort, but it did, inadvertently,, provide a unique set of experiences that left you feeling like you might of just experienced a little bit of authentic jamaica.

3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 27, 2003

If you are looking for a quiet hide away, inexpensive, yet include all, Cariblue is the place to go. In my opinion, it's a 3 Star historial resort, it's clean, first-rate hospitality, and an ideal place for rejuvenation.

1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 23, 2002

YOU GET WHAT YOU PAY FOR! Cariblue was a big disappointment: dark, damp rooms, a malfunctioning TV, limited hot water. The hotel is situated so close to the highway that the sound of trucks woke us up repeatedly. The location is remote--not in walking distance of anything, although the staff did arrange taxis for us, as well as a snorkeling trip ($20 U.S. per person). The food was bland and overpriced ($8 for an omelet with toast); it was served in an empty dining room by an overattentive waiter. All in all Cariblue was deserted, run down, and poorly maintained, not to mention tacky in its decor. It wasn't even as cheap as we'd thought; upon checking out, we learned that a 5% "credit card charge" had been added to our bill.

Been to Cariblue Hotel and Scuba Resort? Share your experiences!