“Scuba” 2 of 5 stars

Ranked #55 of 63 hotels in Montego Bay
Haverhill, Massachusetts
“Scuba”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 24, 2012

I recently dove with sea caribe whilst on a cruise stopping in Jamaica. I had been in contact with Roy and made all my arrangements. They picked me up at the port and I was the only diver. The dives were good and I was all set to write a positive review but when I returned to the ship to clean my gear I found my regulator filter was brown from contaminates in the tank (I use a apollo bio filter) and had a foul smell when I opened the filter unit. I thought the air 'tasted' funny. I reported it to Roy so they could check their tanks. I was disappointed that they did not seem overly concerned or offer to replace my filter. Communication was really good in the planning but the fouled tanks would prevent me from recommending them.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with friends

18 people have reviewed this hotel

Business
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 2, 2012 via mobile

Cariblue is the worst place to stay its boring the toilet over flown on us urggh .. Staff don't care and we wre alone in the hotel The pool wad dirty, in they had bed bug bite ants all over the sink No macro wave they didn't clean your bed sheets

• Stayed August 2012
Carsonville, Michigan
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 1, 2012

I absolutely loved my experience with Roy and Vincent! I went out on a discovery dive and the waters were beautiful! Roy picked me up at the hotel and showed me many of the sites on the way to his facility. After introducing me to Vincent, we were shortly on our way. The water was clear and he took me out on a beautiful reef! Saw some wonderful things and would not have changed a thing. Roy then took me back to the hotel. I had ZERO complaints with this company and will be contacting them on my next return to Montego Bay! Thanks so much Dive Seaworld!!!

• Stayed March 2012, traveled with family
Kingston, Jamaica
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 15, 2012

Recently we stayed at Cariblue Hotel.although not new ,is not a DUMP .If on a budget & need a reasonable place to stay one can go there. It is not all inclusive .Everything was clean T.V. etc worked .It is value for money .The room was big the view great.I must say Kudos to Mr Walkin and staff (I can be picky.)they were very accommodating.

Stayed January 2012, traveled with friends
Brooklyn, New York
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 11, 2011

I'll start off simply by saying that Customs didn't even know about this establishment. In July I had to stay a week at Cariblue much to my chagrin. Dated rooms, with poor lighting, a pool that is not cleaned daily, faulty toilets, faulty televisions, No staff to clean rooms, old dingy comforters, and not even a community microwave to warm your food if need be. You're on your own here, and if you're looking for a getaway this isn't the place, you'll feel like you're not even on vacation. By all means give other neighboring hotels your time and attention, and do not stay here. I almost cried when we pulled into this place smh.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
Brooklyn, New York
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 11, 2011

for starters, to call this DUMP! a hotel,would be an extreme overstatement.i was in jamaica for a family reunion and cariblue was chosen for us to stay.it was hands down the worst experience of my life.roy watkins was there to greet us the first day of our stay, and he was never seen again.we were left with the receptionist and the 3 workers to deal with all the issues that were presented.we were only given one key for a room that was occupied by 4 people.we were not provided with basic necessities such as toilet paper,towels,hot water,or soap.the toilet in the room that i stayed in overflowed 3 times, and when i went to report the incident, i was told there were no workers, the receptionist came and threw a sheet down over the mess.it was not cleaned until the following morning.around day 2 i happened to flip the comforter over and discovered that it was all stained.i had to go to the main lobby and personally tell the receptionist to tell the housekeeping to not place that old,dirty comforter back on the bed.i went through 3 television sets before i was able to watch any form of television during my stay, and still the channels would show in black and white and were not clear at all.when we arrived, the pool was extremely dirty.it was in no conditions to swim in.the pool was not cleaned until the third day of our stay.cariblue is in no condition to take in any guest.this "hotel" is beyond run down and it seems like the last time it was maintained was 30 years ago.roy watkins is just a money hungry man and does not care about the needs of the guest.if you plan on visiting jamaica, DO NOT, i repeat, DO NOT stay at cariblue.it is a big disappointment.it is very true that you get what you pay for.this trip came out more expensive in the long run.if you have booked here already,i advise that you cancel and find other accommodations.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 7, 2011 via mobile

I recently attended a family reunion and my jamaican family members had chosen this "hotel" as the accomodations for all others attending.All that was promised was never delivered.The owner Roy Watkins took advantage of the friendship and trust he had with my jamaican family,the hosts of our reunion.He took our deposits and attempted to "make nice" by refurbishing the rooms that were booked.No hot water,shoddy plumbing.very old curtains and drapes.it took the "handy help" three(3) days to clean the small swiming pool.No telephone/land line service in the rooms nor in the lobby's reception desk! For an establishment not to have direct telephone service at the reception should be a sign of the kind of "dump" we were scheduled for.The owner deceived us all completely.The rates per night he tried to charge were "criminal" for the deplorabe condition the entire "hotel" was in.A paradise deception indeed!

• Stayed July 2011

Been to Cariblue Hotel and Scuba Resort? Share your experiences!