My sister and her husband were married at Sandals-Antigua and raved about how Sandals is the "Top Notch" all inclusive resort; they even returned there for their anniversary and had the best time. Therefore, my wife and I expected nothing short of the best in quality and service.
We chose Jamaica because, during a cruise, we'd been to the country before and had a good time. When we arrived by plane this time, Immigration and Customs took hours. We hopped a shuttle to the resort and we were graciously greeted.
Upon getting to our room, the air conditioner was located only in the bedroom, therefore, the bathroom was hot. The tile grout was 2 inches thick from consistent adding for cover-up, rather than replacing old grout. The door hinges were rusted and the tiolet seat was worn. Our television set was a 20 inch, 1980 model Panasonic on which channels would disappear while you were watching a program.
When we finally came to terms of acceptance, we ventured to Sandals-Montego Bay. Our visit there was fantastic, keep in mind we did not see any suites there. We tried to make reservations for the local(hotel) restaurants but were told they were booked until Saturday (it was only tuesday). The (only) swim-up bar there was under construction. We figured we'd try the Sandals-Royal Caribbean.
The Royal was our favorite spot. Nice pace...good water sports.
In all, our major diappointment was in the food and the availability. There were numerous times that we orderd someting on the menu and they didn't have it...example: I ordered Fried Bammy on 3 different days, they didn't have it and still kept it on their menu. We thought seafood would be plentiful, shrimp and lobster, only to find that we MUST preorder it in advance, and MAY get it if it's available.
For what we paid for our trip, we expected much more. Sure the drinks were included, but remember...you really do still pay for them, only in advance. You would expect them to be in a glass, not a plastic cup. Disappointment is the best term we can use.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- •A romantic, intimate atmosphere with personalized service.•The real Jamaican experience; Jamaican smiles and attentive service to make you feel at home instantly.•Small in size yet big on charm and large in value.•Close proximity to Montego Bay 'Hip Strip', where you will find duty free shopping, restaurants, bars and clubs.•24 hour room service for all room levels.•Butler service available for our newly renovated, top category room, the Carlyle Club Ocean View Penthouse.•Complimentary shuttle bus to Sandals Royal Caribbean and Sandals Montego Bay “Stay at one play at three”, where you can enjoy eighteen dining experiences.•Voted Sandals “World's Leading All-Inclusive Company” 16 years in a row.•Voted “Caribbean's Leading Hotel Brand” 18 years in a row. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Caribbean Online Mgt Corp., Hotels.com, Tingo, Expedia, Travelocity, BookIt.com, Despegar.com and Venere so you can book your Sandals Carlyle Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sandals Carlyle Hotel Montego Bay
- Sandals Hotel Montego Bay
- Sandals Inn Jamaica
- Sandals Jamaica
- Sandals Montego Bay
- Sandals Inn Montego Bay