“Better than the rest” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Sandals Carlyle

You added Sandals Carlyle to your Saves list
Sandals Carlyle
3.5 of 5 Resort (All-Inclusive)   |   Kent Avenue | PO Box 421, Montego Bay 00000, Jamaica   |
Hotel deals
Announcement
World Travel Award!
Ranked #14 of 63 Hotels in Montego Bay
Kodak, Tennessee
“Better than the rest”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 6, 2013

Just returned from our stay at the Sandals Carlyle in Montego Bay, Jamaica. The "bed & breakfast" atmosphere carries through lunch and dinner. The people are the BEST!
Plus, you can shuttle over to the two other Sandals for more completely different experiences. Charming and very secure. Would love to return soon.
Thank you so much to Soshanna, Darwin and all the others that made our stay so special and enjoyable.

Room Tip: Tell them you don't want a room near the kitchen.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Cassie C, Sandals & Beaches Review Coordinator at Sandals Carlyle, responded to this review, October 12, 2013
We really appreciate you posting about your wonderful stay at Sandals Carlyle! Providing excellent customer service is very important to us and It is always our pleasure to serve.

Thank you for your review. We look forward to your next visit with us.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (322)
Central PA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 6, 2013

This was our 1st trip to Sandals-Carlyle and will not be our last. From our arrival at the airport, to the check-in reception everything was handled in a professional manner. The front desk staff was always eager to assist with any questions as well as any staff member of TEAM Sandals Carlyle. This was our first Butler level room with Sandals and what a wonderful experience. This small but cozy resort was just our cup of tea. As they say, Stay at Carlyle and play at the other two Sandal resorts. My compliments to the Chef and his staff, great selection of foods to tantalize your taste buds. We are PADI certified divers and the dive team at Montego Bay provided a top of the line diving experience. They were all so friendly and helpful especially Captain Winston, Heinsworth, Big D, Rochelle, and Stewey just to name a few.(apologies if I misspelled anyone's name) Andre and Kaveen from the Soon Come Back desk were very pleasant and provided information on specials at Sandals. Also, the Red Lane Spa staff, worked their magic~great job ladies. Chris the GM, demonstrated that he is an on hands manager, keep up your team work approach. And kudos to "Anthony the Butler" (and Dennis, too) you provided superior service and a memorable 10th wedding anniversary stay at Sandals. We have been traveling over the past 10 years to Sandals/Beaches properties throughout the Caribbean. We began in 2003 when we were married in St. Lucia at the Halcyon and continue to return knowing the facilities are all top notch. Loved the fact that you acknowledged our choice to stay at Sandals-Carlyle with the goodbye send off. We will soon come home thanks to all of YOU!!!

Room Tip: upgrade to Butler level penthouse room.
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you so much for your great review! We're happy to know that you enjoyed your stay at Sandals Carlyle. Your vacation seemed to be an amazing one and I'm glad we were able to be a part of your experience. I will be sure to forward your review to our resort team.

We look forward to you visiting us again in the future!
Burlington, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 6, 2013

We stayed at Sandals Carlyle September 16 - September 26, 2013.

When this trip was first booked for my husband and myself I was a little hesitant about staying at the Carlyle Inn even with the two other resorts at our disposal, but my reserve was soon diminished when I started to get to know the people that work at the Carlyle.
Chris the GM was always ready with a wave and a smile. At the Bay Window always with a smile and laugh and wonderful service were Rashane (aka Billy), Kemesha, Nigy, Roshane, Adrian & Kimberly. My main man at the desk was Michael who we adopted as our Jamaican son, thank you Michael for going way beyond to make Gerry's birthday special and a special thanks to Densha for making the cake, we cannot express our appreciation enough. Also on the desk is Shanetta and Soshenna, two wonderful and beautiful ladies who looked after the guest in a pleasant and timely manner and Sally who oversees the administration in a quiet and efficient manner. Damion and Patrick are more than able and willing to look after your baggage and your needs, each with their shy but beautiful smiles. In the Carlyle Restaurant, Craig an over the top supervisor and Sharlene who knows a young couple when she sees them :) made our dining experience more then memorable, and to the chef Fitroy who's talents need to be further recognized, the food was superb. Then there is Mr. Nibbles (Kayon) on the grill for the in between times with a new special every day and a serenade. A special mention to the dancing chef Sherrian, I hope you have the new dance step mastered. Your outlook on life is be commended. Eric and TaJay well look after you around the pool and make you as comfortable as they are able at the beach bringing over an umbrella and chairs and making sure your thirsts are looked after while you are over there. Even though the beach is public the water is beautiful and there are a lot of amazing fish not very far off if you enjoy snorkeling. Don't be concerned with the locals who enjoy the little beach, they are very nice people and some just need to be told a firm " no thank you" when trying to get you to buy something if you are not interested.
Richard and Andre well keep you entertained with pool volleyball, games around the pool, entertainment at night, etc and are willing to listen to any suggestions that could make your stay more entertaining. At the bar you well be very well looked after by Denise, Jevan, LaMar and my apologies for not remembering the others. Even if they did not know a drink you desired, if you gave them the portions for your drink they would make it and remember for the next time. As I sat at the bar (which I normally do not do) I was mesmerized by Denise, I could have watched that girl all day. She went about her duties in a very efficient manner, even at the busiest time she would just take everything in stride and prepare the drinks with a calm and dignity few can achieve. In my estimation her talents need to be further recognized. A BIG HUG to this special lady. A special thanks to Zedrine for looking after our room and keeping us supplied with everything we needed. I know there are many more people I have not mentioned who I was not able to get names or work behind the scenes who are no less important but are not in the forefront and I apologize if I did not get the positions correct or spelled names incorrectly. Everyone at the Carlyle work extremely hard to make your vacation memorable and you well always be remembered by us for one our best vacations to date. The Sandals Corporation are fortunate to have such a wonderful group working at the Carlyle Inn because they really do make a difference.
A special mention to Nadine Watson who serves at the Stewfish, Sandals Montego Bay, who kept us laughing both times we dined there. You well always hold a special place in our hearts.

If you want to spend a quiet and memorable vacation and don't mind a small resort then the Carlyle is a great place for this experience.

Again a special thanks to the amazing staff of the Carlyle Inn, Montego Bay, Jamaica. We will return and it well be like going home to visit family.

GayAnne and Gerry

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you so much for your great review of Sandals Carlyle! I'm so glad that we were able to exceed your expectations and make this an amazing experience for you and your husband. We always strive to provide a comfortable and friendly environment to our guests.

Come back home soon! :-) We look forward to your return!
Olney, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 28, 2013

We just came back from our second trip to Jamaica and to the Carlyle and if you are going to Montego Bay I do not know why you would stay anywhere else. As the title implies the people at the Carlyle are truly amazing. We arrived late on Sunday night and were quickly taken care of checking in by Patrick, Shane and Shanetta. This trio welcomed us back and thanked us immediately for returning to the Carlyle. My wife and I got to our room and looked at each other and agreed this is why we returned to the Carlyle.

I will take my hat off to the GM Chris (I won't call him Christopher because as he and I discussed that is what he is called when he is in trouble) who has done an amazing job taking this resort to the next level. I was already happy with this resort but this stay has made me and my wife agree that when we go back we will continue to return to The Carlyle. There are several other people who I feel consistently went above and beyond the call of duty and truly make us feel at home. Doreen was always around and checking on everyone making sure they feel at home. Kaveen went the extra mile to help us get our next trip arranged (to Beaches with the family but we will be back to the Carlyle as a couple soon). Denise is simply an amazing bartender welcoming us back and making us some of the best drinks ever. Kayon, aka Mr. Nibbles was always a joy hooking up that little afternoon snack to keep us going until dinner (apologies if I misspelled anyone's name).

I have read some of the other reviews that were not as favorable about this resort and I will be honest it is smaller and older than the other properties but more than makes up for it by being more personal and intimate. The people are simply amazing and I can not wait to go back to my other home!!

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
We are very grateful for your excellent review. After your first amazing vacation, I know your second stay with us had a lot to live up to and I'm so glad we were able to meet your expectations. I will be sure to share your review with our General Manager and staff.

Thank you so much for posting such a wonderful review of Sandals Carlyle.

We look forward to your third visit with us in the future!
Salt Lake City
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 27, 2013

We just spent a week at Sandals Carlyle over Labor Day and it just keep
getting better! Besdies having a Great Time we made special new friendships.

Christopher, the New GM is doing a great job. We saw a
huge upgrade in both Food Quality and Service!

It is well worth the additional upgrade to a Penthouse Suite with a
Butler. The rooms have been renovated and have tiled floors vs carpet!

Our Butlers Anthony, Dennis and Jevan were Outstanding and took care of
everything we needed from coffee on the balcony in the morning to dinner
reservations at night.

Even though the play at three is fun during the day, it is nice to "COME
HOME " to the Carlyle Sunset Bar at the end of day and see familiar
faces and have the lovely and efficient Denise and fun Devane have your
favorite beverage ready for you!

There are so many star players there:
--Doreen in the Front Office and Kaveen at the Soon Come Back Desk
continue to make us feel so very Special and part of the Family and
never miss a beat taking care of us.
--Rasheen, Nigy and Kemesha always greet you with a smile and coffee at
the Bay Window in the morning...what a great way to start the day!
--Craig and Sharlene do a Magnificent job at the Carlyle Restaurant,
Don't miss making reservations there!
--Richard and Andre keep things rolling and keep making things lively
and fun.
--TeJay takes good care of providing you cocktails Poolside everyday
and is full of personality!
--Nicola, our housekeeper was amazing! Never missed anything in our
room servicing and was always checking with us to see if we needed
anything.
--And Fitzroy. The Chef...the Best, He strives to please with any meal
requests and the food was EXCELLENT!!!

Don't let the reports of noise deter you, it is sporadic and the Public
Beach is not always full.

Already booked for March 2014!!
Try it....You will Love it!!

Room Tip: Pnthouse Suite is well with the Upgrade Cost
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
We really appreciate you posting about your wonderful stay at Sandals Carlyle! Providing excellent service and quality is very important to us and it is always our pleasure to serve. We always want to ensure that all of your needs are met and it seems the staff at Sandals Carlyle did just that.

Thank you for your review. We look forward to your return in 2014!
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 26, 2013

We really enjoyed a our 12 night break- quiet, intimate resort with excellent service and full use of facilities at the 2 larger sandals resorts nearby. The beach at the Carlyle is a small beach very popular with the locals, so we tended to use the larger private beach at Montego Bay and make full use of all the water sports. Christopher and his team could not do enough for the guests, and we were made to feel like family

• Stayed September 2013
Thank you so much for your review. We're thrilled to read that you enjoyed every moment of your stay with us. You got the best of both worlds; the fun and exciting private beach and water sports at our sister resort as well as the warm, friendly experience of being home at Sandals Carlyle. We hope to welcome you back in the near future for another great stay!
Newcastle upon Tyne, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 24, 2013

Myself and my now husband booked the Carlyle for our wedding/ honeymoon, we did not take any family or friends as we wanted a stress free wedding but as the time grew nearer we became a little worried that maybe we should have taken family to make it that bit more special, our worries were not necessary as the staff and other guests at the Carlyle were fantastic, they made us feel so welcome and at home, we had the time of our lives!! We tripadvised before we picked the Carlyle so basically knew what to expect about the beach not really being suitable for guests and about it being a smaller Sandals hotel, we think this is what gives the Carlyle its charm, the staff are so personable, I can not express how lovely they are, nothing is a problem and always with a cheeky smile. This in mind I feel the need to mention as many as possible as they are all little stars. Our butlers Anthony, Dennis and Javeen, nothing was too much bother, and always available. Andre (entertainment staff ) who was is so funny and motivated, keep up the good work hun. All the Bar staff, Denise what a sweety! And all the other very hard working staff who helped make our stay so wonderful, Lemar, Daveene, Kayon ( Mr Nibbles gorgeous food and a fab singing voice). Keresha, Kimberley and Adrian, Doreen at the front of house, many thanks. Last but by no means least to Tee Jay an extra special thanks for making our stay so special. Apologies to any staff I have forgotten to mention, you were all great. Well done to the Manager Chris.
From Deborah and Barry Bruce xxx

Room Tip: Butler suites are slightly larger and you get a great view!
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Cassie C, Sandals & Beaches Review Coordinator at Sandals Carlyle, responded to this review, September 26, 2013
It's so wonderful to hear that you and your husband had a beautiful wedding and honeymoon at Sandals Carlyle. We always want our guests to fall in love with our intimate resort and luxurious amenities. You especially enjoyed your experience with our friendly staff and we're glad that they made your time spent so fulfilling. Thank you for your review!

We can't wait to welcome you back in the future!

Been to Sandals Carlyle? Share your experiences!