“Awesome vacation!!!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Sandals Carlyle Inn

Save Saved
You added Sandals Carlyle Inn to your Saves list
Sandals Carlyle Inn
4.5 of 5 Resort (All-Inclusive)   |   Kent Avenue | PO Box 421, Montego Bay 00000, Jamaica   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save up to 65%!
Ranked #14 of 63 hotels in Montego Bay
“Awesome vacation!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 20, 2013

My now husband, and I went to the Carlyle for our destination wedding. We also had 10 guests with us, and the resort was more than accommodating!
We opted for the butler service which
We had Jevan, and Dennis and not only did they take care of our every need they also took care of all of our guests! Leaving I think that we know every staff member by name, and love how much fun they were even playing pool volleyball with us, and bar games like zummie zummie with Andre. We really liked being able to go to the other two resorts for the beaches, and more food options, but loved to come back to our smaller resort for a more intimate friendly experience! Also our on site wedding coordinator (Soshanna) and our photographer (Shane) were fantastic! We can not wait for our return trip to the Carlyle!

• Stayed July 2013
Cassie C, Sandals & Beaches Review Coordinator at Sandals Carlyle Inn, responded to this review, July 27, 2013
Thank you for your review of Sandals Carlyle. We're thrilled to hear that you had a beautiful wedding and wonderful stay at our resort. We're so honored that you chose our property for this special occasion and we can't wait to welcome you back for an even better stay very soon!

1,224 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (292)
Rochester, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 18, 2013

This is the smallest resort by far but like the avertisment says it is the smallest resort with the biggest heart. We had access to the two bigger resorts which was very nice but when we wanted to have some peace and quiet instead of 100s of people around we would go back to our resort. Jeremone and Andre were the entertainment staff and they were both amazing. Andre made us play volleyball in the pool and even though I was not very good he made the game fun! Jeremone is an awesome dancer and made the nights super fun with playing Zummy Zummy :) All the servers were also great and very friendly! Danesha was our bulter and even though she was tranferred to another resort half way htrough our stay would still check up on us and make sure everything was ok, we felt weird using her for our every need but she was always there just to help anwser any questions we had or make suggestions for what to do each night. We also took a tour throguh Negril with Dalton, who was the first person to greet us at the hotel, and it was one of the most memorable tours we did. Bartenders TJ and Ricardo were our favorites! But we loved the whole bartending crew all were always friendly and knew how to make an amazing drink! Our room was also beautiful and we had an awesome view of the ocean and sunset! My only downfall was that Sandlas advertises the beach with this resort. The beach is a public beach and alway full and is the smallest 'beach' I have ever seen (literally 5feet wide and maybe 20 long if that). It didn't matter becuase we did have access to the beches at the other resorts and it was fun to people watch across the street but I don't think Sandlas should advertise the beach as part of the resort, even though a few people would go over there to check it out. The food at the bayside and nibbles was also great, there wasn't one meal we didn't like. We never tried the other restruant there but I heard it was good, were just not big fans of french food.

Thanks to the WHOLE sandlas Carlye crew who made our stay amazing, becuase of the crew we will be back! They allllllll deserve a raise/ bonus/ something for the hardwork they do day in and day out!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Cassie C, Sandals & Beaches Review Coordinator at Sandals Carlyle Inn, responded to this review, July 20, 2013
Thank you for your great review of Sandals Carlyle. I'm so glad that you had such a wonderful honeymoon with us. It's encouraging to hear that we were able to make your vacation an amazing experience.

We look forward to your return!
Independence, Kansas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 18, 2013

My husband and I stayed at the Sandals Carlyle Inn July 6th-13th. We had a wonderful time! The resort is on the smaller side. This is our 4th Sandals vacation and normally we stay at the larger resorts. But because the reviews were so good I wanted to try this charming place. The staff and guest really do make your stay great! At the larger resorts the guest aren't normally very friendly. But because the resort is small you get to know the other guest very well. We met people from all over the world. We made some great Scottish and Arkansas friends and had a lot of late night fun playing zoomie zoomie at the bar. Get to know Denise the bartender she makes the best I've ever had dirty banana!! She is so sweet and has a kind heart. Also, Nibbles Grill has great food, especially the jerk chicken, Willie (Prince William) is what my husband and I dubbed him loves to cook and will make you a great late night snack. We were on the 3rd floor next to the street #321. It was a loud spot but we use a white noise app of my phone and it worked to drown out the street noise while sleeping. During the day we didn't mind the noise at all. We enjoyed sitting on the balcony watching the locals interact and looking at the beautiful ocean view. Most days we went to the beach at Sandals Montego Bay, we liked the deeper water there. It's great to be able to spend time at all 3 resorts. The restaurants are all very good, but to be honest the food at the Carlyle was above par. The chefs are top notch. The play makers Jerome and Andre kept the nights fun dancing or playing zoomie zommie at the bar. Our butlers Jevon and Dennis did a great job along with the entire staff. If you are a perfectionist this may not be the place for you. But if you want to save at least a thousand dollars and still get all the amenities of the larger resorts this is the place for you!

Room Tip: If you want less noise stay on the garden side of the resort.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you for your excellent review of Sandals Carlyle. We are thrilled to read that you had such a wonderful experience at our resort. Our standards are very high when it comes to providing superb customer service and offering stellar accommodations. We are happy that we were able to meet our standards and exceed your expectations in every area.

We can't wait to welcome you back!
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2013

Our vacation to Jamaica was made wonderful because of the staff at Sandals Carlyle. Not only was the resort beautiful beautiful but it was small enough that that you learned who everyone was. There was not a staff member that didn't have smile and speak to you when you walked by. I would like to say that there were a few people that really made our stay great and still put a smile on our faces just talking about them.... Denise was by far the best behind the bar, never had an empty glass and the drinks were great. If you are there ask her for her famous "dirty banana." Its the best. At the grill, "Nibble's", I have to hive to give 2 shout outs. Our girl Lian was amazing and one of the friendliest people I have ever met and then "prince William" kept the food coming late night. You 2 were awesome. Then Jerome, man you kept the vacation fun. No one could keep everyone on there feet like he could. There was no way to ever be bored when he was there. And last but not least was oir butler staff. Jevan and Dennis were great. (Darwin was still in training but was great). There are no complaints about our stay. If there is one improvement that could be made it would be the beach but I would gladly give it IP for the people and service. Can't wait to go back.

• Stayed July 2013
Thank you so much for your great review of Sandals Carlyle. We're delighted to read that your stay was an amazing and exciting experience. It's good to see that you were able to fully enjoy our wonderful included amenities and activities as well as our beautiful property.

We can't wait to welcome you back soon.
Lexington, Kentucky
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2013

So many things to say I really do not know where to start. This was our first time to Jamaica and we honestly did not know what to expect.
Within 5 minutes of us arriving from the airport we were greeted by our estranged sister Danesha (I can’t bring myself to call her our Butler, as she felt like family by time we left) with cool towels and a refreshing drink. She gave us an introductory tour and showed us around made sure our room was up to expectation and then excused herself so that we could settle in.
From that moment on time for us seemed to mean nothing and we had nothing to worry about as the staff made sure everything was taken care. Mind you we were here for our wedding and that can be nerve wracking, but as soon as we calmed down and let the staff take care of things, well it just became easier.
Later that evening after a long nap we called down and my estranged brother Dennis recommended just simple cheeseburger/fries and some cookies for a snack, my goodness the man knows how to make a recommendation! We were tired from the trip, didn’t feel like doing much and just wanted something to eat.
Going to skip ahead a couple days to our wedding as time means nothing when staying at the Carlyle. Our wedding planner Deano (I hope I spelled that right) was awesome! He went out of his way to make some special arrangements and to make sure everything was perfect. And it was. From meeting the photographer Shane to the Reverend Coates, everyone was absolutely wonderful.
A couple things I would like to point out.
Yes the beach here is a public one and it can get crowded. On the weekends the local people do like to party. But I honestly did not think it was a big deal. A 5 minute bus ride and you are at all the beach you can handle. And honestly, we went to the other resorts and could not wait to get back home to the Carlyle. Yes I say home because that is the way the entire staff made us feel. So if you think the noise may be an issue, ask for one of the rooms facing the garden.
I could go on and on about this place for hours. But I will try to simply wrap it up as it felt like home to my wife and I. The staff (All of them) felt like family. And we are booking our 1st year anniversary here and I will be counting the days until I can forget about time for a few days and visit with my new family and friends.
Sincerely
Michael and Susan Frank

Room Tip: Get the Butler service rooms. You will not regret it. If noise from the beach is a problem. Reques...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Cassie C, Sandals & Beaches Review Coordinator at Sandals Carlyle Inn, responded to this review, July 13, 2013
Thank you so much for your review of Sandals Carlyle. We're so happy to read of your amazing destination wedding with us. It was an honor to be a part of your special day. You were happy with our intimate resort and your wonderful stay and we are thrilled to know this.

We look forward to welcoming you back for another stellar experience!

Cassie C.
Pinson, Alabama, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 6, 2013

My husband and I were here for our honeymoon in 2011. This might be the smallest resort that Sandals has to offer but they had the best customer service and entertainment! We had a great time and besides a slight ant issue in our room one night, we really enjoyed our stay! The shuttle service allows you to visit the three other Sandals resorts in Montego Bay so you get the best of both worlds in food, excursions, and entertainment! We are headed to Sandals Grand Riviera in August! So excited!

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
We're so thrilled to read of your awesome honeymoon at Sandals Carlyle. We always strive to offer the best in accommodations, amenities, fine dining and customer service. Thank you for your review.

Have a wonderful stay at Sandals Grande Riviera in August!
Fort Lupton, Colorado, Usa
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 6, 2013

Me and my wife went for our 25th wedding anniversary and stayed at the Carlyle inn. First if you stay at one of Sandals on the island you can travel by one of Sandals busses to all of the other
destinations on the island free and eat and play at all of their functions. We upgraded to the balcony ocean view and when you looked out our balcony you can see the pool and the ocean..
the staff was fantastic and the room was clean and the bed was comfortable. We had dinner served on our balcony by the wait staff and the food was great...This is a all inclusive resort and everything is included.. including alcohol... the one thing I can pass on is plan your dinners in advance for one their restaurants and get your reservations in quick !! some fill up fast. We also went and toured the rum making plantation which included the sea shore and could cliff jump into the ocean...there is also a great tour for the river falls which you can also zip line all the way down the center of the river ...use the guided tours available from sandals..be prepared to tip American money for anyone not directly working for sandals !!! go from march to June its the best time any later and it will be the rainy season !!

Room Tip: book the vacation from the sandals website at least 6-9 mos. in advanced ..
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you for taking the time to review our resort. We're so thrilled to read that you had such an amazing stay at Sandals Carlyle. It was such an honor to make your 25th Anniversary so much more special. We always strive to create memorable vacations for Two People in Love and I'm so happy that we were able to achieve that goal during your visit.

We can't wait to welcome you back for another incredible experience!

Cassie C.

Been to Sandals Carlyle Inn? Share your experiences!