“never had service like this!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Sandals Carlyle

You added Sandals Carlyle to your Saves list
Sandals Carlyle
4.5 of 5 Resort (All-Inclusive)   |   Kent Avenue | PO Box 421, Montego Bay 00000, Jamaica   |
Hotel deals
Offers & Announcements
Up To 65% Off!!
Ranked #13 of 63 Hotels in Montego Bay
London, United Kingdom
“never had service like this!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 6, 2011

We have had fantastic holidays all over the Caribbean but never experienced the standard of service of the Carlyle! Yes it has not got a private beach but go on the shuttle to Sandals Montego bay ..it leaves every hour and takes 15 minutes and has a great beach. All the staff were exceptional from the Manager to the cleaners. A special thank you to Amoy, Lij, Oscar, Prince, Paul and Eric !
As we were there for 2 weeks we experienced all the restaurants in the 3 hotels....all were good but our recommendation would be the Stewfish, the Carlyle and the Orleando.
We loved the island off the Royal Caribean and for us the jerk chicken for lunch was to die for!!.
My only critsism of the hotel was the spa prices $180 dollars for a 50 minuite massage...if they reduced the prices more people would use the spa and have more treatments. We had a sports massage which was very good.
i would reccommend this hotel to couples who like small hotels, excellent service and good food.

Room Tip: We upgraded to sea view room which I would recommend.
  • Stayed August 2011, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (353)
Cheboygan
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2011

We love Sandals Carlyle, everyone is so friendly, Paul recognizes us when we return each year and extends a warm welcome back home... Cheryl and Lisa are awesome. all of the staff go out of their way to ensure people are enjoying themselves. We love the atmosphere of the resort, and being able to observe the local culture from the front of the resort. 10min shuttle and we are able to visit Sandals MoBay for the day of fun in the sun & scuba diving. John & I enjoy each trip every year, can't wait to return for the 16th time. Irie!

• Stayed April 2011, traveled as a couple
Braselton, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 30, 2011

We just returned from an extraordinary stay at the Sandals Carlyle Inn in Montego Bay, Jamaica. Our stay was enhanced by the opportunity to play and dine at Royal Caribbean and Montego Bay resorts, as well as at the Carlyle.

We enjoyed superior service in every area, including dinner reservations, room service, meals, activities, etc. All of the staff treated us like family. We enjoyed getting to know Lance, Lisa, Doreen, Kaveen, Shane, Prince, Craig, Oscar, Amoy Donovan, Zederine and a few others I can’t recall at the Carlyle and Orlando, Tremaine, Oakley, Dave, Martin, Dale, Karim and Valicia at Royal Caribbean. They all went above and beyond to ensure that we had a great experience at their resort. We felt that this was what they tried to create for every guest.

We’ve never had more personalized service, even surpassing a Silver Seas cruise and stays at Four Seasons resorts.

Willowbrook, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 27, 2011

My husband and I, along with my best friend and her husband came here to celebrate our wedding anniversaries. I don't even know where to began to describe what a fabulous time we had. The luxury literally begins at the airport. You're greeted by happy smiling faces awaiting your arrival, and escorting you to the Sandals Lounge. There, your bags are tagged and you wait approximately 5-8 minutes for your driver. They have drinks and snacks at the lounge. Not to mention the most comfortable and clean bathroom where you can quickly freshen up from your flight. The lounge is so comfortable and tastefully decorated to remind you of being in your own living room. Once you arrive at Sandals Carlyle, you're greeted by friendly charming staff whose eagerly waiting to serve you. Paul, the bell hop checked us in and I must say he has the most calm spirit I have ever experienced. My first impression of the resort was that it reminded me of a cozy bed and breakfast. The decor was breathtaking and the live band playing poolside was awesome. These people are absolutely unbelievable! We felt like we were visiting family. "No worries" is there motto, and we definitely see why. Our room was beautifully decorated and oh so cozy. There was a balcony with a dinette set in case you wanna order room service and eat on the terrace overlooking the pool. The bartenders Odane and Keefer were great. Their rum punch was to die for. Salabie, one of the Chefs, makes the best jerk chicken and burgers in MoBay. He also prepared a special anniversary dinner for us that was amazing as well. His technique is signature and the presentation is five star, but nothing compares to how good everything tasted. Shane and Amoy were in charge of entertainment and they are full of talent. Shane's dance moves make you wanna dance and Amoy's smile is contagious. The live band plays their hearts out, even if there's no one around. Lisa made sure we experienced excursions we'll never forget, like swimming with the dolphins. Lance, the general manager has such a great heart and his energy is great. There's also a photographer there, Shane, who is really good. I read in a review before we booked that Sandals Carlyle is the smallest Sandals resort with the most charm and that's an understatement. We did get to visit the other Sandals resorts in MoBay, and the Carlyle by far was the best for what we were there for. Sandals Montego Bay is the party spot and Sandals Grand Royal has something for everybody. The Carlyle is definitely the most intimate of the three as it smaller with a lot of staff who knows your name by the end of the first night. We'll never forget these people. We really wanted to smuggle Salabie back home with us. We highly recommend Sandals Carlyle and will definitely be coming back ourselves!!!

Chicago, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 26, 2011

The staff at the Carlyle are heaven sent! I learned everyone by name and likewise for us! We felt like we were leaving our family as we departed the Resort. I felt as if I wanted to cry literally. They really took care of us! I felt like a Queen and the same for my husband, he was overwhelmed with the treatment at the Carlyle. The staff can not be replaced from the cooks to the bartenders. The managers Lance and Lisa make sure that they go above and beyond so that you enjoy your stay. The chef Salabie is amazing. He can cook anything and Im certain you will enjoy it. They have 2 restaurants The Carlyle and the Bay Window and also a short order grill where you can get the best Jerk chicken out of the 3 resorts. Shane and Amoy do wonderful entertainment! Shane can dance his butt off and will teach you moves as well. Daneisha is an excellent butler, she will be sure that everyday goes smooth for you! Everyone here is well trained for their positions and they service you with a smile. The food is impecable! Be sure to ask every bartender to serve you their SPECIAL and you wont go wrong. However, O'Dain and Keeifer are the best on every level. Be sure to stop by and see Kaveen before leaving to plan your next trip, she is a sweetheart! The property stays clean and well maintained. Their goal is to spoil you. I loved coming to a room with the covers turned back every night! I could go on forever about the staff here, I feel like I gained a family. While visiting the other Resorts, I found that I was just another face to them, but not at the Carlyle. It is also convenientlylocated near the Hip strip where you will find all of your souvenirs in one place. They prepred my husband and I a wonderful anniversry dinner. It was like nothig I hd ever experienced. Tell them Shena sent you!

Braselton
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 25, 2011

The combination of well prepared food served by associates who actually enjoyed providing the service, equals a dining experience! We dined once at Sandals Montego Bay, twice each at Sandals Royal and at Sandals Carlyle over our 5 night vacation. Our days were filled with scuba diving, and soaking up the sun, while we eagerly anticipated each night and selecting a new restaurant to enjoy.
This was our second Sandals vacation and our first time at the Montego Bay resorts.
Lance, Lisa, Doreen,and Kaveen crafted a wonderful vacation and Wedding Anniversary celebration! I cannot imagine anyone else receiving better service than we experienced but it is my bet they are attempting to do just that today with their current guests. Kaveen will make the dinner reservations based on your preferences, while Lance interjects his creative influence. Prince,Craig, and the Chef's staff look to every need and then try to exceed. Orlando and Tremaine were always ready to say Hi on the beach, along with Karim,Dale,and Valicia would take your picture with a smile and always a good word.
Three great Sandals options are presented for your enjoyment in Montego Bay, and all of the staff's want to make you feel welcome and special. The entire Carlyle staff can say to the other resorts "give it your best",(and they do) but the guests will want to Come Home to the Carlyle every night! Oscar, Shane, and Amoy are there to make sure of it.
I have NEVER left a resort wanting to thank so many and feeling so bad for the many additional great people I have left out of these comments.

Rayleigh, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 21, 2011

We've just returned from a week stay at the Sandals Inn celebrating our honeymoon. Once through immigration we were shown to the sandals arrival lounge, which was nice after a nine hour flight. The stay was short as we were taking to the Inn. Upon arrival, we was given a drink and a cold / refreshing face towel. Again this was nice as nothing prepares you for the Jamaican heat once you step outside the airport. Once we were checked in we were shown to our room. Our room was a deluxe room on the second floor (room 308) overlooking the pool and with sea views. The room was very nice with mod cons (hair dryer/satellite tv /etc) and I have to say this hotel had one of the best beds I've ever stayed in. The hotel is very nice and the staff and very helpful and polite. I would like to say that the food was outstanding and the drink was good with many international brands. Now, I would like to say the only problem that we encountered the hotel was the constant noise, car horns from the public beach across the road. It does take a couple of days to get used to but you do get used to it. So please beware that this is a public beach not private beach as suggested in the brochure. And on that note, the representation of the Inn within the brochure isn’t want you get (Trading standards springs to mind ?). But saying that, the Inn is a very nice hotel.

The good thing is that staying at a sandals allows you to visit other sandals in the area, which was good. Whilst at the Inn, you have a choice if two other sandals, Montego bay or Royal Caribbean. Personally, the beaches are better at Montego Bay but we preferred the Royal Caribbean for it's elegance and ambiance, it had all the touches of luxury. As I said earlier, you can use all the facilities at these hotels. We dined at the Italian at Montego bay and the French and the Thai at the royal Caribbean. We also went on two trips. One to dunns river and the other was a 4x4 trip. Both where good but pricy at around $90 per person. One thing that was I thought was a bit of a rip of was the Red lane spa. $180 for me and me wife to have a 40 mins massage I felt was a bit excessive, bit of a rip off. Anyway except for that, that honeymoon was outstanding. Would I go back to a Sandals.. A defiant yes. Would I go back to the Inn, yes but only because you can use the facilities at both neighboring hotels..

• Stayed August 2011, traveled as a couple

Been to Sandals Carlyle? Share your experiences!