We stayed at Sandals Montego Bay for 7 nights and it was amazing!! We did a lot of research on where we wanted to go for our 5 year anniversary/late honeymoon and we couldn't have been more pleased with out decision. First off, I do not think i have ever met a staff that was more awesome! Everyone was so nice, so helpful, and all they wanted was for you to have a wonderful time. If i could, i would have taken kendria (playmaker) and nicholas (from the pool bar) home with me! They were just so delightful and we truly miss them! And ronroy who was in training! He made us laugh and i hope you choose to keep him!
With that said, we have read a lot of reviews and i can tell you my take on them -
-mosquitoes - you're in the Caribbean, why wouldn't you take spray? But i think we got bit twice total while we were there. Same goes for sunscreen and whatever else you might need.. Yes its pricey in the giftshop so don't leave home without more than enough!
-chairs/umbrellas being reserved - we went in the middle of july and we never once had an issue finding chairs, beach space or even getting a pool side spread with an umbrella, and there was always room at the bar top and we did not have a single issue making dinner reservations (with that said, when you check in.. make them! The concierge desk provided us with a week calendar and wrote everything in for us, and it also had all the happy hours and concierge events already written in.. once again, super awesome!! and thanks to khandice who was very helpful at the concierge desk)
-some rooms updated, some not - we stayed in the palms building and you just need to really think about whats important to you.. the palms building is a little older, but you are 3 minute walk from everything in each direction where as if you want a newer room you are a lot farther away from the main building and you have a little walk ahead of you if you forget something.. so it depends on what you value.. a new building and room, or a beach front view and right next to everything(and the room is still great by the way!)?
-airplanes being so close - yes, the airport is close by.. but that means you only have a 8 minute ride to and from the airport! and if you are just relaxing with a drink in your hand, who really cares about a few airplanes taking off close by? i really didn't even notice them that much to be honest!
-And for those who are skeptical about being confronted about buying something you don't want.. The beach and property at Sandals Montego Bay are completely private! So you do not have to worry about any sketchy individuals ruining your stay.
Over all I would have to say we completely enjoyed this vacation. The food, drinks, entertainment and atmosphere was wonderful. Everything was just incredible, peaceful and so relaxing! :)
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- •Largest private white sand beach on the north coast •The entertainment capital of the Sandals brand with nightly professional shows and upbeat, active, fun-loving daytime activities. •Six exquisite dining options•Complimentary transfers to Sandals Royal Caribbean and Sandals Carlyle. Enjoy all the luxuries included in our “stay at one, play at three” concept offering 18 dining options •Air-conditioned departure lounge•Voted Sandals “World's Leading All-Inclusive Company” 16 years in a row•Voted “Caribbean's Leading Hotel Brand” 18 years in a row ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Expedia, BookIt.com, Caribbean Online Mgt Corp., Despegar.com and Tingo so you can book your Sandals Montego Bay reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sandals Montego Bay Hotel Montego Bay
- Sandals Hotel Montego Bay
- Montego Bay Sandals Hotel
- Sandal Montego Bay