I just returned from Sandals in Montego Bay Jamaica. I have stayed at Sandals/Beaches resorts previously, and this Sandals was very good. Lots of activities, restaurant choices, and nightlife. This was a "girls trip", so different from most Sandals couples trips. We did upgrade to a butler suite, which I highly suggest, if you can afford it. Omar and Andrea were amazing! they would do anything for us. From running to the gift shop to pick up items, having our cooler on the beach each morning and chairs set up for us, to making all dinner reservations, they were just awesome!
I did find the food adequate, but not great. The beach cookout night was a bit disappointing, as not many choices in food. We did not have dinner at RC, but heard the Thai food there was very good from others traveling.
The playmakers at this resort are alot of fun, and many activities throughout the day, and evening hours. The cricketeers pub is open until 5am for dancing and pub food.
The dive shop at Montego Bay was NOT friendly. Diving is included in the price, as are all watersports. I was treated rudely by the staff there on several occasions, and heard other guests treated the same. I wanted to do a night dive, the last night there, and was told that although I had over the required 18 hours between diving and flying, that "Sandals has adopted their own policy since people drink here." I told them that I had not been drinking and wanted to dive that night, as was just told "NO" I do not believe this policy is in place, they just didnt want to go.There were some from dive shop that were very friendly, including Rodlin, Big D, and captain Winston.
That was the only bad thing I can say about Sandals MB. Most of the dive team that works the booking hut needs to be retrained as far as guest relations, but all the dive members on the boats were very helpful and friendly
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- •Largest private white sand beach on the north coast •The entertainment capital of the Sandals brand with nightly professional shows and upbeat, active, fun-loving daytime activities. •Six exquisite dining options•Complimentary transfers to Sandals Royal Caribbean and Sandals Carlyle. Enjoy all the luxuries included in our “stay at one, play at three” concept offering 18 dining options •Air-conditioned departure lounge•Voted Sandals “World's Leading All-Inclusive Company” 16 years in a row•Voted “Caribbean's Leading Hotel Brand” 18 years in a row ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, BookIt.com, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Caribbean Online Mgt Corp., Despegar.com, TripOnline SA and Tingo so you can book your Sandals Montego Bay reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sandals Montego Bay Hotel Montego Bay
- Sandals Hotel Montego Bay
- Montego Bay Sandals Hotel
- Sandal Montego Bay