“Sandals is a top hotel” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Sandals Montego Bay

Save Saved
You added Sandals Montego Bay to your Saves list
Sandals Montego Bay
5.0 of 5 Resort (All-Inclusive)   |   Montego Bay, Kent Avenue, Montego Bay 100, Jamaica   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
$335 Instant Air Credit!!
Ranked #7 of 63 hotels in Montego Bay
“Sandals is a top hotel”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 30, 2013

I just returned from Sandals in Montego Bay Jamaica. I have stayed at Sandals/Beaches resorts previously, and this Sandals was very good. Lots of activities, restaurant choices, and nightlife. This was a "girls trip", so different from most Sandals couples trips. We did upgrade to a butler suite, which I highly suggest, if you can afford it. Omar and Andrea were amazing! they would do anything for us. From running to the gift shop to pick up items, having our cooler on the beach each morning and chairs set up for us, to making all dinner reservations, they were just awesome!
I did find the food adequate, but not great. The beach cookout night was a bit disappointing, as not many choices in food. We did not have dinner at RC, but heard the Thai food there was very good from others traveling.
The playmakers at this resort are alot of fun, and many activities throughout the day, and evening hours. The cricketeers pub is open until 5am for dancing and pub food.

The dive shop at Montego Bay was NOT friendly. Diving is included in the price, as are all watersports. I was treated rudely by the staff there on several occasions, and heard other guests treated the same. I wanted to do a night dive, the last night there, and was told that although I had over the required 18 hours between diving and flying, that "Sandals has adopted their own policy since people drink here." I told them that I had not been drinking and wanted to dive that night, as was just told "NO" I do not believe this policy is in place, they just didnt want to go.There were some from dive shop that were very friendly, including Rodlin, Big D, and captain Winston.
That was the only bad thing I can say about Sandals MB. Most of the dive team that works the booking hut needs to be retrained as far as guest relations, but all the dive members on the boats were very helpful and friendly

Room Tip: choose a butler suite if you can afford this option....it truly is a benefit
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends

3,419 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (664)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 30, 2013 via mobile

We spent 6 days here in our honeymoon. The staff was amazing by the end of our week we felt like part of the sandals family. Our room was excellent, very clean, hot water, great water pressure, and perfect location. We left personal belongings by poolside and beachside each day during dining with no problems. Our concierge Reyon made our trip outstanding with his hospitality and upbeat personality. All staff remembered who you where and what you liked. We are already planning our next visit back due to the outstanding service I would highly recommend you visit this resort. My favorite was every morning for breakfast at Bayside grill where Dionne would make you the best omelette and I wish I could remember her name but the sweetest young lady who would refill your drinks. I hope this review will help you make your decision on where to stay in Montego Bay.

• Stayed June 2013
Grand Rapids, Michigan
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 29, 2013

We just got back from our vacations from Sandals montego bay......WOW... we had a great time. We loved the service , the food and the exceptional way we were treated by all staff.......First off the food was to die for...... the beach is awesome.....the drinks were cold and tasty.....and the room was great { awesome view of the ocean and a in room juccuzi, the maids went way beyond the call of duty .....We have been telling everyone we know about Sandals in Montego Bay.
If you go to montego Bay do yourself a favor and head to this resort you will love it, Say Hi to Kenneth and Latisha the best bartenders in Montego Bay. We will be going back again next year. No problem Mon.......Karl and Julie.....MI.

jupiter
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 28, 2013

My husband and I just returned from Jamaica and stayed 4 nights at Sandals, Montego Bay. The staff was arrogant and rude. If you were following the rules and not secretely tipping, they did not want to know you. If you want to be treated decently you will need to put your hand in your pocket and they will "put on the act and fake smile" in the hopes that you will keep tipping. The staff at the water sports center was exceptionally rude, disrespectful and spoke in their native language when commenting about you. Don't believe the four snorkel dives per day that is advertised. One, you need to book immediately or they fill up and secondly, they take you to the same spot every single time. The water skiing, tubing and wake boarding ends exactly at the time the boat driver decides. Whether you are signed up, ready and even if you have been patiently standing there with a life vest on and ready to go. Very disappointing!
The food quality is adequate, but if you are a "foodie" you will be disappointed. The rooms are small and in need of a make-over.

Dunn's River Falls was the highlight of our trip, except the ride out there was like the ride from Hell. The driver Marco, was a speed lunatic. I am not exaggerating when I tell you we feared for our lives. He would practically touch the back bumper of the car in front of us and then pass. Passing sometimes on a curve where there was no way to tell if there was oncoming traffic. Finally, I yelled and said enough. Slow it down now, because I would like to live to see another day. I was foolish to not have demanding some sort of refund from the hotel on this excursion. We paid close to $600.00 and were truly scared and uncomfortable.

I can not stress enough on how rude the Jamaicans are to tourists. It blows my mind that a country that relies on tourism as their MAIN source of income would bite the hand that feeds them! My husband and I would NEVER stay at another Sandals Resort or return to Jamaica.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Cassie C, Sandals & Beaches Review Coordinator at Sandals Montego Bay, responded to this review, July 6, 2013
We regret to hear that we did not meet quite your expectations for service. We have many guests who feel the direct opposite and have boasted of the genuine hospitality of our staff. However, as hoteliers we realize that there is always room for improvement and feedback is crucial in this process so we thank you for your review. I will be sure to share your comments with our management team on resort for evaluation and action as necessary.

Kind Regards,
Cassie C.
SC
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 27, 2013

We have just returned from be pleased withour second visit to this resort in the past 2 years and continue to our decision. Of the three Sandals Resorts in the Montego Bay, this is the better of the three for our preferences. It is the larger of the Montego Bay Sandals Resorts. There is a larger better beach and more dining and recreation options available than the Inn or The Royal offer. We have visited the Royal on both trips and definately prefer the MoBay property. The staff went above and beyond our expectations. The bar and dining staff are more than accomidating to any requests any guest has. The food and alcohol options are excellent. The alcohol options are great and not the cheap stuff you get most places. I am a Scotch drinker and they have Dewars and Johnny Walker Red and Black avalable but no songle malts. Beer selections are linited to Red Stripe regular and light. Mixed drinks.... the skys the limit. Sandals Resorts favorites include the "Dirty Banana", The "American Flag" and the "Jamacian Smile" All great beach drinks if you are not watching calories and like rum. As a Diver, the Water Sports area offers many options including free resort Scuba Course and free Scuba equipment for certified divers. As a PADI facility you can take your certification dives on location as well. Diving in Jamaica is Okay but not fantastic as hurricaine Gilbert did alot of damage to the reefs in the late 1980's. The reefs are comming back however. I was able to see rays, sea snake, a sea turtle, lobster, crab and a large variety of reef fish in my dives. Most dives are drift dives with an occassional static dive. All dive locations are within 20 minutes of the resort and most less than that. The boat was well equiped with oxygen and first aid supplies. I was the only Advanced Open Water certified diver on the boat one day and they sent a second giude/ instructor to take me to deeper locations than the Open Water certified divers were going. I have never seen this happen before but it was great!. We will definately be returning to this resort many times in the furure.

Room Tip: We have had a free upgrade to our room both times we have stayed. The key is to get there early in t...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
Toronto, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 26, 2013

My husband and I had our Honeymoon in Sandals Montego Bay. We stayed 2 weeks June 3-17. This was the best trip of our lives! The food was great, our room was awesome, entertainment, drinks, and over all service was beyond our dreams. Thank you Sandals Montego Bay for everything. We have made a life time of memories, and we have made amazing friends. Our fridge was always stocked with cold drinks, wine, wata, beer etc. Our bed always had beautiful flowers, birds, etc. made from towels.Everyone is so friendly and happy, singing and dancing. Jamaica is so beautiful! The music is great. Awesome beach white sand between your toes. We loved every minute of our vacation and we hope to come back again next year.

Special thanks to Cassie (always stalked our fridge) Shante (Pizza Restuarant by the beach) Jorge from Maintnance, Anjay Piano Bartender, DJ, & Nicholas. Many more people to thank so thank you everyone at Sandals Montego Bay.

The best resort in all of Jamaica! We love and miss you all.

Melannie & Justin Godinho
June 2 - 17.
YA MON!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 26, 2013 via mobile

My husband and I just got back from our honeymoon spent at sandals- Montego bay. From the moment we stepped onto the resort we were made to feel important. The staff made us feel so at home that we hated leaving! Every staff member made our experience wonderful by treating us like friends. Items in the gift shop and photo shop were overpriced but the view from the beach made it worth it!!!

• Stayed June 2013

Been to Sandals Montego Bay? Share your experiences!