This was our 4th trip to Sandals MoBay and 7th overall trip to Sandals resorts. We traveled the week of June 1 thru June 9 for our 28th anniversary. As always, it was a great experience. If you like to be active sailing, snorkeling and enjoying the beach you will love this resort. The beach is long and kept extremely clean by the staff. We also enjoy the opportunity to visit the Sandals Royal Caribbean property which is about 15 minutes away. The offshore island's daily lunch is one of my husband's favorites!
Upon arrival at the airport we made it through customes in 25 minutes. The Sandals staff quickly took our bags and within another 25 minutes we were at the resort. Anna Kay and Glen Roy met us. Glen Roy remebered us from Whitehouse several years ago! Since it was early in the morning our room wasn't ready which was to be expected. In the interim we were offered breakfast and a place to change so we could enjoy the beach. Alford followed up with our room status and before long we were relaxing and getting settled in. We booked a butler category room and received excellent service from Ordel and Darrion. They truly made our vacation a wonderful experience!
We enjoy all aspects of this resort, there is a new Chilean chef and the food was outstanding! I recommend the grilled veggie tower and smoked marlin appetizer as well as the lamb chops at the Oleander Room. Dandre and Andrew in the pool bar are great to talk with and keep everyone supplied with drinks. We especially enjoyed pizza from the wood burning oven for many lunches. Gerdeen and Cameal, our servers there, were great! We would also like to give a shout out to Dalton, Robert and Natalia who who were servers at Bayside and the Oleander Room. We received excellent service from Kirk and Marshane in the Cricketeer's Pub and made it a nightly thing to have a drink there after dinner.
Each time we visit this resort we find something else to enjoy. After a day at the beach we would soak in the jacuzzi behind the Red Lane Spa and enjoy the beautiful, Zen setting. After dinner we would sometimes walk out to one of the gazebos at the end of the pier and have a glass of wine under the star studded sky. I recommend you bring bug spray although we did not need it on this trip.
If you vacation at Sandals be sure to sign up for the Signature Guest program. You will be treated to a returning guest dinner with the resort management. We enjoy this each year and feel the management truly wants our opinion about things. General Manager Josef Zellner does an incredible job overseeing Sandal's flagship property!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- •Largest private white sand beach on the north coast •The entertainment capital of the Sandals brand with nightly professional shows and upbeat, active, fun-loving daytime activities. •Six exquisite dining options•Complimentary transfers to Sandals Royal Caribbean and Sandals Carlyle. Enjoy all the luxuries included in our “stay at one, play at three” concept offering 18 dining options •Air-conditioned departure lounge•Voted Sandals “World's Leading All-Inclusive Company” 16 years in a row•Voted “Caribbean's Leading Hotel Brand” 18 years in a row ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Tingo, Travelocity, Expedia, BookIt.com, Venere and Otel so you can book your Sandals Montego Bay reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sandals Montego Bay Hotel Montego Bay
- Sandals Hotel Montego Bay
- Montego Bay Sandals Hotel
- Sandal Montego Bay