“Fabulous vacation!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Sandals Montego Bay

Save Saved
You added Sandals Montego Bay to your Saves list
Sandals Montego Bay
5.0 of 5 Resort (All-Inclusive)   |   Montego Bay, Kent Avenue, Montego Bay 100, Jamaica   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Free Couples Massage!!
Ranked #8 of 63 Hotels in Montego Bay
LONG BEACH
“Fabulous vacation!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 18, 2013

This was our 4th trip to Sandals MoBay and 7th overall trip to Sandals resorts. We traveled the week of June 1 thru June 9 for our 28th anniversary. As always, it was a great experience. If you like to be active sailing, snorkeling and enjoying the beach you will love this resort. The beach is long and kept extremely clean by the staff. We also enjoy the opportunity to visit the Sandals Royal Caribbean property which is about 15 minutes away. The offshore island's daily lunch is one of my husband's favorites!

Upon arrival at the airport we made it through customes in 25 minutes. The Sandals staff quickly took our bags and within another 25 minutes we were at the resort. Anna Kay and Glen Roy met us. Glen Roy remebered us from Whitehouse several years ago! Since it was early in the morning our room wasn't ready which was to be expected. In the interim we were offered breakfast and a place to change so we could enjoy the beach. Alford followed up with our room status and before long we were relaxing and getting settled in. We booked a butler category room and received excellent service from Ordel and Darrion. They truly made our vacation a wonderful experience!

We enjoy all aspects of this resort, there is a new Chilean chef and the food was outstanding! I recommend the grilled veggie tower and smoked marlin appetizer as well as the lamb chops at the Oleander Room. Dandre and Andrew in the pool bar are great to talk with and keep everyone supplied with drinks. We especially enjoyed pizza from the wood burning oven for many lunches. Gerdeen and Cameal, our servers there, were great! We would also like to give a shout out to Dalton, Robert and Natalia who who were servers at Bayside and the Oleander Room. We received excellent service from Kirk and Marshane in the Cricketeer's Pub and made it a nightly thing to have a drink there after dinner.

Each time we visit this resort we find something else to enjoy. After a day at the beach we would soak in the jacuzzi behind the Red Lane Spa and enjoy the beautiful, Zen setting. After dinner we would sometimes walk out to one of the gazebos at the end of the pier and have a glass of wine under the star studded sky. I recommend you bring bug spray although we did not need it on this trip.

If you vacation at Sandals be sure to sign up for the Signature Guest program. You will be treated to a returning guest dinner with the resort management. We enjoy this each year and feel the management truly wants our opinion about things. General Manager Josef Zellner does an incredible job overseeing Sandal's flagship property!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (679)
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2013

I went there with my wife on our honeymoon and it was the perfect spot. The only downfall to me was the amount of seafood that was offered. The online menus say lobster tail at a few places But not one place offered it. Other than that, everything was awesome. The staff really is the reason why this place is so great. We hung out btw the piano bar and the pub every night. Andrei in the pub was awesome. He literally would make us whatever we wanted and would get everyone at the bar to know each other by making group shots often. And they all tasted amazing. Rodane and Cleveland from the piano bar were awesome as well. These guys are all the reason why I want to go back! All of the other staff there was awesome too and everyone remembered our names from day 1 to day 7. Chiko does a really good job of pumping up the crowd every night! Overall I def wanna go back, just wish they would have better food as well as more lunch choices instead of just the grill area and Buffett at regency.

• Stayed June 2013
Spokane Valley, Washington
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 16, 2013

This was our fifth trip to Jamaica and our fourth stay at Sandals Montego Bay. My wife and I just love it there. The people are Great, friendly, helpful and always with a smile on their faces. It is so nice to go to a place where there are no schedules and you are not pressured to do anything. Montego Bay - Your The Best!

Room Tip: get one facing the water, you won't regret it!
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Riverside, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 14, 2013

We went to Jamaica back in July of 2011. We had a large group of 16 and everywhere we went they accommodated us.

Check in:

After a long flight... it wasn’t too bad. The airport had a special area just for sandals where you can get a cold beer right off the bat!

They have a small bus that takes you from the airport to the hotel. Please bring cash as the driver will expect you to tip him.

Once we arrived we received a nice cold wet towel!!! As soon as we sat down to get checked in they offered us a drink. I can’t remember for sure but I think check in took about 30/45 minutes

PLEASE NOTE: since we were getting married here we had to purchase one the highest level rooms with butler service.

Thus we were waiting for our butler to come greet us.

With butler service (which was soooooo worth it with a large group and seeing as we were getting married) we received a cell phone and were told we were allowed to call our butler at anytime. And when they say that they mean it. We had two butlers. They would switch shifts and always told us when there were leaving and coming back.

Trudy was our main butler and I highly recommend her. I wanted a butler who we could become close to and our wish came true! she made every day magical by setting up appointments for restaurants, setting up excursions, and even brining us BOTTLES ... yes bottles of alcohol when we requested it. She even drew us nightly baths. I’m telling you Trudy was golden!!!

Everywhere we went each bartender knew our group. Ask each bartender what their "special" is. They each have a special drink they make and they are happy to share it with you!

They say not to tip them, but I’m the kind of person who strongly believes in tipping for great service, so we did.

The food was average. Some restaurants were better than others. DO the candle dinner for two on the beach and request it late in the evening so that you have a more private setting.

this dinner was amazing, the food and service were above par. Also we loved the wine so much we asked for a bottle of our own to take home and they gave us two free of charge! :)

The beach is amazing. I did feel there was plenty of room, but if you want certain areas get there early or if you have a butler have him/her reserve the best spot for you.

The piano bar was always an amazing pleasure! Stop by there late afternoon if you can.

The pub has an amazing Sheppard’s pie and great night club if you love to dance.

Be sure to bring bug spray as those little critters creep up on you.

Excursions: all excursions I recommend booking in advance. WARNING; please call the night before and morning of your excursion to the help desk to be sure it has not been cancelled or moved.

Ours was moved to another day without us being told.. Thank god I called since we had such a large group to be sure things went smoothly. Other than that they took care of us all.

I hope you have as wonderful of an experience as i did. Check out the other two hotels if you can to change up the scenery. You will have a wonderful time!

Ya Mon!

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with friends
North Canton, Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 14, 2013

Sandals Montego Bay was wonderful in every way. This is an all inclusive resort so there was never any stress about what to expect or do. The price was appropriate for what Sandals gives you. The food was divine, the rooms are beautiful and the facilities are world class. The drinks were premiere. I never felt as though I wasn't receiving what I expected. The facilities from the restaurants to the water sports and gym were great. Of course there is extra cost for the extra specials but no one pressured you to purchase. The resort is located on the best beach in Montego Bay, close to the airport and easy to visit other Sandals and nearby attractions. The staff was also great. Big Al, Dalton from Island Routes, Chante from SC, Veneetia and Levon from Tokyo Joe's, Gerdeen from the Grill, Cleveland and Captain Kirk from the Stewfish, Michane from Tokyo Joe's, Lenny from Snap Shots, Hartland and Sean from entertainment, Flip from the water sports, Courtney from Cucina, Junior from Bayside and Felicia from Bon Apetit and many many other staff members made our stay so nice. We will definitely be returning to this resort soon.

Room Tip: Rooms by the main beach or piano bar may become loud and difficult to sleep during a party.
Baton Rouge
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 13, 2013

My husband and I recently spent our honeymoon Mo Bay Sandals resort. I'll first start with the ride from the airport, we were picked up in a luxury vehicle(audi),with our own personal driver.This was a surprise from the resort, not something we requested .Upon arrival, our room was very, very nice , awesome beach view .......... but the air wasn't working properly. We had the Jr. Butler Suite/w Verdana (something like that). Our butler immediately got on the problem. The maintenance guy worked on it , but couldn't fix it. So they sent us to another room, that was a walk out beach room the end of the beach. It was really nice and spacious, a major upgrade from the original room. The resort is very nice, kept up really well. Gorgeous landscaping , people are constantly cleaning and making sure it is perfect.
Our butler service was great!!! We were greeted by our butler Shoneil immediately upon arrival. This young lady is exceptional at her job ...... I mean exceptional. We didn't ask for much , but she went above and beyond her duties to make sure our stay was comfortable, and hassle free. My husband didn't feel well upon arriving....... she immediately noticed the grimace on his face , and called the nurse to check him out and make sure he was ok. Very caring , and very professional at her job, without being overbearing. Our second buter Shovail was equally exceptional. Shovail the butler ....... he's so sweet , always smiling , and never hesitant to do anything you ask of him. If we called them on our little phone (they give you a cell phone), they were there , ready to assist with whatever we asked. They even arranged for us to have our own driver , and made sure we left and arrived back safely.Ask for them , and treat them well !!
The food is great , Have breakfast at Bayside , and at Cucina on Mon. Wed. Fri. We pretty much tried everything , and had no complaints about the food. The burgers at the Beach Grill , great ......... the pizzeria ......great! You get the picture. Go to Stewfish , and ask for Ramone as your waiter, this guy is one of the best waiters I have ever had , so polite , so poised, great customer service , and the food was excellent. Tokyo Joe's was excellent , so much food , I was stuffed. We also tried Royal Thai (on the private island)at the other resort. The place is really nice , and the boat ride to get there is definitely a different experience, but the food is just ok,but definitely worth trying. We also did the beach candlelight dinner . . . . . .ok so this is a nice experience , dinner on the beach, the sunset, the view of the ocean , and your own private waiter. We requested a gazebo for our dinner, but was not given that spot. Instead we received a spot on the beach that was way to close to the water. When we sat down the wave from the water washed up , and completely soaked our legs. The waiter and Shovail immediately moved the table back. After that little bump , the sun began to set , and Jr.(our waiter) began so serve dinner. The food was excellent , I must say, but the mosquitos were horrific! I could not enjoy my meal, because I was being attacked by mosquitos , it was bad. The next day I had over 30 bites all over my body. It was horrible. Oh......... and the cats. They surrounded us , and kept trying to get our food. It was so aggravating , and annoying. I started to ask for my money back, but didn't want to let this incident ruin the other great experiences.
As far as entertainment goes , they have a great crew called the "playmakers". These guys keep the party going. During the day the organize activities for everyone on participate in , such as : volleyball , basketball, water volleyball , dancing etc. At night they entertain in the Skydome, dancing , live bands, fashion shows , game show , the list goes on and on.The bartenders are very entertaining as well , always smiling and ready to make whatever you ask. Mr. Joseph is one of the best, he's a little slow, but he makes it right ! Natasha too , she's a sweetheart. We also did a few excursions. Swim with the dolphins, awesome experience. Climbed Dunn's Falls , great experience also , but don't buy the DVD at the end , it sucks ! We also did the Dune Buggie ride in Sandy Bay. It was awesome, it allows you to drive in the mountains , and see the beautiful mountains and valley's of Jamaica(Its a must Do)! I have so much more to say , but this is good , you guys get the point!

Room Tip: Get the butler service!!!!
Watertown
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 13, 2013

Dear Sandals,
I cannot being to tell you how disappointed I am with your resorts! Our first stay at the Royal Carrabin in Oct 2012 was enjoyable, though the room we got was not the room shown online. So for our 32nd wedding anniversary we booked another stay at Montego Bay Resort 17 Mar 13 before my deployment to Afghanistan. We decided to step up to a butler room the Bay Roc Villa Ultra Luxury Honeymoon Beachfront 1 Bdr. Suite the photos online of the room were beautiful and perfect for our special event.
Then we arrived and it all went downhill from there. Upon showing us to our room, we were shocked; it was nothing like the photos! The butler knew we were not happy and setup a meeting with the hotel manager three days later. The manager informed me that the room was "in the same category" as the room I booked. Where is the "Ultra Luxury"?

The room had no Roman tub; hell the windows didn't even have glass in them! They had some sort of wooden louvers that didn't even close right. All night long you could hear the security guards radio, room service and other people walking by talking. Then to top it off I showed the manager photos of the room we booked and said if I am not getting what I paid for I won't be back. He out right laughed at me and said "yea you won't be back". By that point I was fuming! He said he would check with his people and see what could be done. We never heard anything else from him or the Sandals Customer Service folks. I don't know why I would expect anything less from a company that clearly uses marketing gimmicks like "air fare credit", "your own personnel butler" that you share with 8 other couples and false advertisement by showing you rooms you will never get.

Clearly your hotel manager hasn't looked around, but Sandals is not the only "all inclusive resort" around and I can assure you I won't be trying Sandals again anytime soon! I am funny like that when I don't get what I pay for. I could go on about issues with your dive shop as well, but based on the response I got from the hotel manager I really don't expect much to come from this complaint. I will say however, I hope your manager enjoyed his laugh at me, because I will be laughing just as hard every time I post this letter to another travel website warning people about the "Sandals Difference"!

Room Tip: Go to a better resort!!
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Cassie C, Sandals & Beaches Review Coordinator at Sandals Montego Bay, responded to this review, June 14, 2013
We're so sorry to read that we did not meet your expectations during your stay. This is certainly not our standard and we would like to correct the situation and make things right. We hope that you will afford us the opportunity to turn this around and offer the luxurious experience for which we are known.

Thank you for your feedback. I look forward to making contact with you regarding this matter very soon.

Cassie C.

Been to Sandals Montego Bay? Share your experiences!