“A good anniversary weekend” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Sandals Montego Bay

Save Saved
You added Sandals Montego Bay to your Saves list
Sandals Montego Bay
5.0 of 5 Resort (All-Inclusive)   |   Montego Bay, Kent Avenue, Montego Bay 100, Jamaica   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Free Couples Massage!!
Ranked #8 of 63 Hotels in Montego Bay
Mountain Top, Pennsylvania
“A good anniversary weekend”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 17, 2012

My wife and I just returned from an anniversary weekend at Sandals Montego Bay. We stayed in room 7468 which is a butler service room. We did have an issue with our room that took more effort to correct than it should have. The shower in our room did not work and when I asked for another room I was told no. The did fix the shower the next morning, but repeated calls to the manager went unreturned.
The butler service was good but could have been better. I took us a couple of days to figure out, on our own, all of the services available to us from our butlers. It would be better if the butler explained all of the services they offer, not just those they prefer to preform.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (679)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 16, 2012 via mobile

I went to Montego Bay Oct 20-27. The service I received was out of this world. I went down to get married and what I received was amazing. Chantelle my wedding planner tended to my every need. Reminded me of things I forgot. She made sure my wedding day was special and all about me :) even sang to me as we were going down to the wedding to calm my nerves. Our photographer Orville was awesome! A great funny guy who took amazing pictures. The service was amazing and my concierge Rayon tended to our every need. As well every night we received a call to ask us how we were and if we needed anything . The food was out of this world. The daily entertainment was fun! Even though every excursion we planned got cancelled due to hurricane sandy we had a fantastic time just hanging at the resort. I have read some bad comments about Montego Bay but did not experience one bad thing. I feel some people are just hard to please! Thanks so much to all the staff of sandels Montego Bay for the best trip of my life!!! Ya Mon!! Oh be sure to enjoy a Jamaican Smile while your there :)

• Stayed October 2012
Brooklet, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 15, 2012

The staff and resort are simply the best. We just returned from our 17th stay at Sandals, Montego Bay and we consider it our second home and family. The staff are always willing to go far above to insure you have the best stay possible. Even after a hurricane, the resort was back to normal in a couple days. Way to go team! Once you go there once, you will be excited to book your return.

Room Tip: there are no bad rooms...it's your choice..garden view or beach front...all have king size beds...
rhode island
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 14, 2012

Just returned from a beautiful vacation at Montego Bay on Friday.Have been to 2 other Beaches and 2 other sandals resorts so I am going to tell you the different at this resort from others. Usually at the resorts when you are returning guest , they know when you will be coming in on van(also you have blue stickers on luggage) they always make big deal and say welcome back , and so on and so on. Well at this resort we did not receive that, we got off van and walked in circles , we did get a warm cloth. Finally someone asked our names still stood around not knowing what to do for a little while.(only four other people were on our bus) They must of saw our faces because i stayed to get upset, and they finally realized we also had concierge. Finally were were bought to concierge office and told to look around , room was not done, we arrived early maybe around 1130 1200. Maybe about hour later room was ready. The room was very nice, great view, a lot smaller than at the other resorts but that did not bother us.The resort was very nice, beach was great! Hard time getting shade at times but we enjoyed it. One day we did get upset, we put our towels done on a chair with shade(we bought own towels)went to get coffee, this was early in morning, when we came back with our coffee the chairs were take by butler and our towels were thrown on one chair down further. The entertainment people on beach are great, they really make sure everyone is having fun. Wish I could remember all of their names. Beach bar is fun, met a lot people there. Drinks totally watered down, no question about that. Could drink all day long without getting a buzz?? Started bringing rum down from room to add to drinks.The restaurants are all good, our favorite was Tokyo Jo's.Last morning there we sat with Daddy Stone,for about one hour what an enjoyable man, told us many stories,god bless him.We enjoyed this resort very much, would I go back, yes but first i would try others. I need to mention one more thing, as I said we had concierge, at other Sandals and Beaches resorts we always received calls from them(whitehouse, every night) making sure we were having great time, anything we need etc. Also every night there was something left in our room when we came home, like little desserts, sandwichs, and much more, this was done every night for us.Montego Bay concierge, we didnt even know name of her or him? Never once called us to see how we were doing, or even ask us if we were going to rebook for next year. If I had to grade concierge would give them a total 0, but did get a great concierge room ( all other employee's were great!) Oh and by the way, planes not a problem.

bowling green, oh
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 14, 2012

My husband and I just celebrated our 10 year wedding anniversary November 6-12, 2012. I did a lot of research prior to our trip to make sure our trip was fantastic. Overall, our trip was wonderful. The staff go out of their way to make you feel welcome and want to make sure that your are enjoying your stay at Sandals. The resort is a bit older, so I did notice some wear and tear on the furnsihings in and out of the room. The food is awesome and the speciality resturants were great (make a reservation ahead of time). Our favorite was Tokoyo Joe's and Cucina. The beach was beautiful and the water is nothing short of amazing. We really enjoyed to kayaking, snorkeling and the Hobbie Cats. The plans do fly over periodically during the afternoon and early everning, but the noise is for 5 seconds and did not disrupt us. I actually liked being near the airport to eliminate travel time on a bus. The Playamkers were so nice, especially Hartland and Shellee. They really go above and beyond to make your trip special. We did take a excersion to Negril and visited the Sandals, went shopping and watched cliff diving. This was well worth the money to see the countryside and get a flavor of the culture. I loved MoBay and cannot wait to return!

1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 14, 2012 via mobile

My wife and I went to Sandals Montego Bay for our honeymoon. We were expecting an amazing vacation for the price we had to pay, and we were EXTREMELY disappointed. The water sports they "offered" were almost always closed, the food was mediocre at best, and the guest service was terrible. The employees never smiled, were slow, didn't care if they made you happy, and there was never any urgency to fix things when problems were brought to their attention. We tried talking to their manager and their answer (paraphrased) was basically "that's too bad, sucks for you, sorry". Once they have your money they don't care after that. AVOID AT ALL COST!!!

• Stayed October 2012
Cassie C, Sandals & Beaches Review Coordinator at Sandals Montego Bay, responded to this review, December 4, 2012
Thank you for posting about your stay with us. I’m so sorry that your experience with us did not meet your expectations. We are known for providing luxury in a friendly and comfortable environment and unfortunately, during your experience, it seems we did not meet those expectations.

Your opinion is very important to us and we have noted your dissatisfaction with a number of amenities. We have tried to contact you via message to discuss and hopefully resolve this matter. Unfortunately, we were unable to reach you. I encourage you to contact us at 1-888-SANDALS if you have any questions or concerns.

Kind Regards,
Cassie C.
Minneapolis, MN
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 13, 2012

I stayed at Sandals Montego Bay for three nights while visiting all of the Sandals and Beaches properties in Jamaica. The resort is a nice size and located on a nice, Small beach. The airport is in the back yard of the resort. So if you are lookin for quiet, this might not be the place.

The room was ok. I am disappointed that wifi is not included, especially knowing how much is spent to stay here. The bed was comfortable, but the room was not that big.

The food has been good. Nothing outstanding.

All the staff has been amazing. Thanks so much to shanay nay and Andre who were great!!! I think the staff makes this experience so great.

There are a lot of great activities and being able to stay here and play at two other sandals in the area makes it a better value.

This resort is for all ages, however there are a lot of honeymooners and anniversary couples here.

Would I return? Probably not, only because there are other choices in Jamaica besides Sandals and if I went back to Sandals, probably not this one.

• Stayed November 2012

Been to Sandals Montego Bay? Share your experiences!