My husband and I just returned from Sandals Montego Bay from our honeymoon trip March 21-27th 2012, and our experience was perfect! It was our first trip together, and first time flying for my husband, so it was a one-of-a-kind adventure for the both of us.
Naturally we had a lot of questions and were anxious for the trip of our dreams, but Ruth DeMuth from TripGuy Travel was right there to answer all of our questions, and make the trip enjoyable for us! We had never been to an all inclusive resort, so we wanted to take advantage of all we could. Ruth was very knowlegable and able to tell us what the weather was going to be like, how the excursions we wanted to go on would be, and what the rooms were like due to her experience traveling and staying at the resort numerous times.
Our room was exactly what we expected, ocean view, fully stocked with bevarages and fresh towels, and sheets everyday. The food was delicious to say the least. We loved how we didn't have to worry about paying for our food each time we ate or drank something. You simply ate and drank when you were hungry or thirsty, and the staff was right there to fix your drink, or meal whenever you needed. They truely treated you like king and queens!
For one of our excurstions, we decided to go on a Reggae Catamaran Cruise to Margaritaville. This was Aaron and I's favorite excurstion. The staff from Island Routes was so fun and had you get involved with the events done on the boat. It was the ultimate party on the ocean!! On the cruise, we made a pit-stop before we got off the boat at Margaritaville to snorkel, which was fun because it was different scenery than when we went snorkeling at the resort. Another excurstion we did was the White Witch Canopy zip-line. This was awesome! All we had to do was wait at the gate of our resort, and we had a shuttle pick us up and take us to the mountain. That Island Route staff was also fun and very knowlegable about the equipment and safety for all of us. The view was amazing, and just an all around fun adventure to take!
On the resort we decided to pay for our own candlelight dinner with our own personal server, and menu to choose from. This was neat to do because you didn't have to leave to go anywhere, it was all on the resort. We had someone pick us up at our room, and walk us to our nicely set up table on the beach with candlelight and a rose waiting for me. The dinner was amazing, and perfect because it was just the two of us.
The beach was paradise. Every morning it was raked and cleaned. There was always enough chairs for people to choose from, and you never had to worry about a good spot because any spot was ideal. The events on the beach were also fun to get involved with, like snorkeling, kayaks, and stand up paddle boards. The staff also had fun events like guys vs girls challenges, tye-dying, and learning how to cook Jamaican.
It was very hard to leave on our last day, but the resort makes sure your flight is on time, and they get your luggage lined up and ready for the shuttle for you. Each day was paradise and we had nothing to complain about the entire trip. I think we enjoyed it so much because we kind of knew what we were getting into with the resort by communicating so much with Ruth, and her expertise, there were no unexpected surprises that we didn't already know about. When we decide to plan another trip it will DEFINITELY go back to Sandals, and for sure ask Ruth any questions or concerns we may have if its another resort!! Thank you to all the resort staff for making our honemoon so memorable and a dream come true!!!
- Also Known As:
- Sandals Montego Bay Hotel
- Sandals Montego Bay Hotel Montego Bay
- Sandals Hotel Montego Bay
- Montego Bay Sandals Hotel
- Sandal Montego Bay
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- •Largest private white sand beach on the north coast •The entertainment capital of the Sandals brand with nightly professional shows and upbeat, active, fun-loving daytime activities. •Six exquisite dining options•Complimentary transfers to Sandals Royal Caribbean and Sandals Carlyle. Enjoy all the luxuries included in our “stay at one, play at three” concept offering 18 dining options •Air-conditioned departure lounge•Voted Sandals “World's Leading All-Inclusive Company” 16 years in a row•Voted “Caribbean's Leading Hotel Brand” 18 years in a row ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Caribbean Online Mgt Corp., Amex, Tingo, Travelocity, TripOnline SA, Expedia, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Venere and Otel so you can book your Sandals Montego Bay reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.