“Dirty Filthy Dump! Do Not Stay Here!!!!” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Blue Harbour Hotel

Blue Harbour Hotel
We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Montego Bay
Blue Harbour Hotel
You added Blue Harbour Hotel to your Saves list
6 Sewell Ave, Montego Bay, Jamaica   |
Ranked #36 of 63 Hotels in Montego Bay
ca
“Dirty Filthy Dump! Do Not Stay Here!!!!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 4, 2007

This is a filthy disgusting dump. First, the online price quote was a lie. When I arrived, I was told the online price did not include tax which was not what my confirmation indicated. After much negotiation, I was led to the filthiest room I have ever seen (and I have stayed in my fair share of motels/hotels from various price points.) After being moved to a "better room," the second room was almost as filthy. Ants, roaches, brown water, etc. Everything in the hotel is old and out-dated. It needs a major cleaning and massive renovations. My fiance and I decided to take a loss and get a room at another hotel, but there were no vacancies as it was after-Christmas/New Year's Eve. (believe me we tried). We stayed out of the room as much as possible. We were not alone as the hotel was a ghost town. In our time there, we saw about 5 other guests on the entire property. The restaurant was filhy and filled with cobwebs. We never ate there. Luckily, we did not experience the theft of our belongings. But, then again, our room was cleaned once during our week's stay. DO NOT STAY HERE UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCES.

• Liked — Nothing
  • Disliked — Everything
  • Stayed December 2006, traveled as a couple
    • 1 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 1 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)

Families
Solo
flint,michigan
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 9, 2007

the room was clean. the maid was nice, except she asked for my shoes, which i gave to her uoon my leaving. i didn't know she also took my braclet and bangle watch that had a speacial meaning to me. i thought she was nice, she go to the liittle store forme, i gave her a nice tip for her trouble. also the free ride to the town, service doesn't exist. no offer to where i could get a meal either. the breakfast was good. the security guard was was and also the taxi driver. the lady manger was not nice at all it was like i was a great brother to her. i was in the van to go to town and i assume she was on her way somewhere also. she asked him where is she going? i wouldn't stay here again because i don't feel should have to worry about someone going to my proterty when out of my room.

• Liked — location and the veiw from my room
  • Disliked — the fact that my property was taken.
  • Stayed February 2007
    • 3 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
Columbus Ohio
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 4, 2007

This hotel has not been well maintained. We had no hot water. The roaches were HUGE!!! Ants were plentiful. One of my friends had money stolen from her room. Don't stay here. Pay a little more money and enjoy your trip. You will not enjoy it if you stay at this hotel. There isn't even a soda machine. The ice machine looks like a wash tub with a scoop inside. I don't know who fills this thing up. Nothing matches in the room and I won't even discuss the carpeting. Oh my! Run, run as fast as you can to another hotel. Don't be fooled into wasting your hard earned money. The hill, oh the hill. Never mind! Just stay elsewhere.

• Liked — Nothing
  • Disliked — Everything! Horrible rooms!
  • Stayed March 2007, traveled on business
    • 2 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 2 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Washington, DC
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2007

Dear Travellers,

I have no idea where those who gave Blue Harbour high marks stayed, but their standards must be extremely low- as in a road side ditch in Mogadishu equals a “clean comfortable room.” Stevie Wonder and dead Roy Orbison can see that Blue Harbour is a major mistake on the tour and travel landscape. Really nice staff all dressed up with nothing to sell.

Half of what you see in the photos does not exist. Music blares in the empty rooftop “club” until all hours driving those who happen to be in their rooms totally insane as if the décor was not enough to do so.

Request your can of “BOP” insecticide upon check-in you will need it. The parade of ants, spiders and other vermin are the only ones happy they checked in here. God help you if you get a room near the “ice machine” which is a large bucket type device that folks dig in all night. You have not experienced Motel Hell until you go to Blue Harbour.

Please arrange to eat elsewhere unless you adore boiled eggs and white bread with a smidgeon of jelly and margarine that never melts not even in Jamaican heat. The dining room resembles a yard sale in progress 50 years ago. Nothing- not one stick of furniture or upholstered item matches anything else in the joint and looks so stained and funky you don’t want to sit down.

Just “Don’t” Do It. Blue Harbour’s reservation system is a scam because they know the “gotcha” for at least 3 nights or you will probably leave and they re-reserve your room that you paid for to some other sucker. You will never get your money back. Please don’t do it. Refuse it even if they offer a room for free!

One more thing the hill it sits on is a road-kill nightmare getting down by foot is extremely hazardous to your health and not recommended. Please do not follow the employee’s advice and attempt to cross the street to walk through the craft market. There is a seriously dangerous blind curve and you could easily get hit. If you must travel by foot go straight down the hill and turn right. Better yet don’t stay at Blue Harbour.

Pinky & The Brain

Stayed January 2007
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 17, 2006

This hotel is a dump. We were given this trip as a Christmas present from a family member. She based her hotel decision on the pictures from the web. Where were these pics taken? Certainly not at this hotel. The dining room pictured is lovely, but not on these premises.

When we arrived, we were told that the credit card used was only used to insure the room, and our credit card was billed. The room was hot and smelled bad, and the cable TV consisted of snowy pictures. We were put in a room with an unsecured door, no refrigerator(or kitchenette as advertised)and no balcony, as was also advertised. I believe we were the only people staying there, as the 4 car parking lot only contained 1 other car, which belonged to a staff member. After being taken to our room, we felt unsafe and appauled at the rooms conditions. We were there less than 2 hours, since it took that long to get off of this hillside, and find a nicer place to stay.(that didn't take much)

Even though we did not book this hotel, nor were we told of any cancellation policies upon arrival, we were also charged for the full 3 nights, as well as the family member who booked this trip back in December, 2005. (double billed) We are disputing the credit card charge, as is my family member. The hotel responded to my credit card company with a letter of lies. This place is a prime example of false advertisement, and the management is willing to do what it takes to scam US visitors.

1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 8, 2006

I stayed at this hotel for three days after having read the bad reviews. I had no choice since all the hotels were booked solid for the Jazz Festival. I'm a Jamaican. I was a Police officer in Jamaica 18 yrs ago and the reviews made me very apprehensive. I left all my valuables including my passport with my sister in Kingston and drove to Mobay.

Some of the reviews are not accurate. I made a copy of the reviews and took it with me to show the manager. I made a note to check out some of the things outlined in the reviews. There are AC's in the rooms contrary to one of the reviews. The hotel itself is very small and intimate the way it is setup. If Mgt. spends some time and money that place could be a very nice little hotel. However, for now the place is run down, the carpets need to go and the doors need to be reinforced expecially the doors to the patios.

I had nothing of value in my room but one night I locked only one of the locks and when I came back both locks were locked. (maybe someone was securing my room for me). They do have a night security I saw him the three night that I returned at 3 and 4 am after the show.

This is a place I would buy if I had the money. So much could be done with it. I would not stay at this hotel with my family. I would only visit this hotel again if its under new management and was completely refurbished.

For the price its a place to lay your head. I was very embarassed thet they were marketing the hotel to tourist. The Jamaica tourist board need to check that place out because that is definately giving Jamaica a black eye. One more thing! I did see teenage roach every morning when I came in and switched on the lights. That part of the reviews are accurate.

Management you can do much better!

Yours Truly,

R. Fowler.

• Stayed January 2006
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 3, 2006

My experience at the Blue Harbor was rather unpleasent. My friend's room was broken into and after trying to speak with the front desk & manager were treated as if we were the thieves )-:.

Some room doors are not very secure and the scent of roach was prominent in the room. Although this is a inexpensive lowcost hotel, I still expected some santitary condition.

I definately do not recommend this hotel unless there is a change of management or improvement to the property.

• Stayed January 2006

Been to Blue Harbour Hotel? Share your experiences!