“my take” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #28 of 63 Hotels in Montego Bay
waterford
“my take”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 11, 2013

recently stayed at this hotel in the heart of Montego bay hip strip..What a pleasant surprise!!!! we stayed in the one bedroom with a kitchen and living area ans a private balcony (very nice). for the $90 off-season price including a generous breakfast you could not go wrong..the icing on the cake for us was the pleasant smiling helpful staff from top to bottom.. the pool overlooked the bay an elevator ride down to the hip strip and a free pass t0 the popular doctor cave beach made this a wonderful delightful getaway... been to Jamaica many times ,.. this is a hidden gem.. ps. was really impressed with the staff!!

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (67)
Jamaica
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 19, 2013

I just found this place great bargain clean spspacious. Good staff. S uites are the size of a full house. Staff very courteous. Not bad at all........................fab prices too........ssh ~~~**/what more can i say

• Stayed September 2013
St. Lucia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 18, 2013

The El Greco sits just above the main tourist street in Montego Bay, Jamaica and not more than 5 minutes from Sangster International Airport. It is clean but sorely in need for refurbishment. The resort includes breakfast and has a pool with a limited view. Its charm is from the elevator you are deposited on to the street in Montego Bay and not far from shopping and restaurants including Jim Buffet's Margaritaville and across the street from a nice beach.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
Boston, Massachusetts
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 9, 2013

I wasnt happy with my stay at EL greco . The room wasn't clean and the floor had stains which the staff said wouldn't go. I had asked for transportation and the lady at the reception referred to taxi drivers who were ready to fleece the tourist . I spent fewer $$ trying to find taxis myself. The breakfast was mediocre .

Room Tip: Try find better hotels around.This is a yester year star not worth spending for now
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
Los Angeles
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 7, 2013

My wife and I and our two teenage daughters stay at the El Greco whenever we arrive in Montego Bay on late flights or have to depart early in the morning. While in Jamaica, we usually spend several nights at the Beaches resort in Negril which is very expensive, so instead of wasting all that money due to late arrivals or early departures, we save lots of cash by staying at the El Greco. The Beaches Resort provides free transfers from the airport to Negril, so the morning after arriving in Jamaica we'll hire a taxi to transfer us from the El Greco back to the airport and then hop onto the free Beaches bus. The rooms at the El Greco are large and clean. Some have ocean views. The hotel restaurant sits high on a hill overlooking the ocean and the free breakfast has always been good. The hotel also provides free passes to Doctors Beach. The staff is friendly, and there is plenty of security on site at night. Highly recommend.

Room Tip: Ask for a room with an ocean view.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
London, England
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 23, 2013

I have been to Jamaica on vacation yearly since the 2000, August 2013 I went to Jamaica with my little granddaughter and stayed at El Greco for 2weeks. In the 13 yrs no hotel whether its been 4* or 5 * has beaten El Greco when it comes to Service given, Customer Care shown, friendliness of ALL staff and quality of their food especially the breakfast I was always served with a smile. No doubt about it I will be going back and I certainly will be recommending this hotel to anyone I know. I believe this hotel should be given 5 Gold stars all round.

Room Tip: Communication is the key to getting satisfaction
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Toronto, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 17, 2013

My mom and I spent 1 week at the El Greco Resort which is conveniently located near Montego Bay's Hip Strip, Doctors Cave Beach and a nice walk into Mo-Bay to shop. The Sea View Terrace & Bar provided us daily with delicious breakfast of Ackee & Salt Fish, Callaloo, Boiled Green Bananas, Fried and Boiled Dumplins, Brown Stew Chicken & Fish, Bok Choy, Yellow Yam and Fresh Fruits just to name a few things, delicious. What a spectacular view of the sea, I took some amazing pictures each morning before breakfast awww.Our room was spacious and clean..we had a few problems with the Frig not working but the staff promptly brought us a new frig so I could store my Insulin, we also had tiny little ants that were annoying so our room had to be sprayed twice. The hotel grounds were well kept and all staff were very friendly. We would visit again for sure, thanks for making our stay a safe and enjoyable one!

Room Tip: We stayed in Block D, We did not sit on our patio due to the snails coming on from the garden, ask f...
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with family

Been to El Greco Resort? Share your experiences!