“Accommodating and comfortable” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #29 of 63 Hotels in Montego Bay
Lindenwold, New Jersey
“Accommodating and comfortable”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 14, 2012

It was not my first time at the hotel; Ive stayed at El Greco several times before and thus my reason for choosing it as the place to stay the night before my wedding. The rooms are very clean; the apartment very homely and welcoming; the staff very respectful, cordial and accommodating and sleep quality is very good. My sister and I who was my maid-of-honour stayed out late and misplaced our room key, but the kindly gentleman (wish I could remember his name) was very kind to us. Not once did he mention about paying for the lost key, he quickly opened our room door for us and told us that the key will turn up soon which it did (under the front seat of my car). In addition, they were very accommodating of my vendors who came throughout the day and allowed us to check out late.

My family and I loved the hardy Jamaican breakfast we received and the view in the restaurant is spectacular. My husband and I just want to thank the staff (Abbi and Ordia) for a wonderful time, keep up the wonderful work .

Room Tip: All the rooms based on my experience are good.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (56)
Montego Bay
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 7, 2012

Just what was needed at this time. The rooms were big and we had enough space. Could not get away from the ants. No pots or pans in suite but we asked for a microwae and an iron and got them both. We all liked the breakfasts and that we were not far from the hip strip.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com

Washington
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 7, 2012

I love the location. It's within walking distance to Doctor's Cove beach, Margaritaville, strip club, eateries, ATM, etc. Access to the beach is free with your stay. They have free wifi which was a life saver I'm a college student and had homework to turn in and I had no problems with connectivity. The kitchen was a life saver as well as I got to shop at the local's market and some other grocery store that reminded me of a Sam's Club or Costco. The living room furniture is made out of bambo so it's not the most comfortable but it'll do. The bed was uncomfortable. The pillows were flat so I slept on my lover's chest and he used the pillows. Besides when I'm tired nothing matters. They had hot water as long as you didn't take a long shower. I would stay here again just because of its location, the kitchen, the view from the restaurant, free access to Doctor's Cove Beach and the price.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled as a couple
Baltimore, Maryland
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 26, 2012

I stayed here for one night because the other place I planned to stay was not available until the following day. I read several reviews and figured the location and the cost were worth it. The staff was very helpful and allowed us to check in a little early. The rooms are very big with a full kitchen and living room. The room was a decent size but the beds were very very small mini twins if you ask me. The cost included breakfast and free passes to Doctor's Cave! I think if you just want a quick getaway and just want a basic place to stay on the Hip Strip it's not a bad deal or if you are in a tight budget it will get you where you want to be for a decent price. There is a pool and an amazing view of the sea from the outdoor dining area.

Hampton, Virginia, United States
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 14, 2012

Bring a extra towels because its one set per person each day and you have to wait while they wash them each day
Bring a bug spray so you can spray anything with six legs or more

Be sure their is a television in your room because only your room have A/C and Jamaica is hot' and not all rooms have a TV,

Room Tip: Only your rooms have A/C so you only need a room,
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
New York City, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 8, 2012

El Greco is located right by the hip strip and the famous Doctor's Cave Beach and Margaritaville. The staff checked us in quickly, and attended to all our needs speedily. Jermaine went out of his way to make sure had a good trip and Solomon our driver was great. I will definitely stay here next time I come to Jamaica.

Vancouver
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2012

I came as a single traveller in June, not the busiest tourist month. Recommended by an acquaintance. The hotel is a convenient short distance from the airport. It is comprised of a series of 3-storey buildings in lush tropical gardens that are well-kept by an industrious staff. Check-in was easy and informative. The suite was large and quite comfortable. The kitchen was not equipped with cooking utensils, but these were avaiable at the office if needed. All staff I encountered were friendly and courteous. The small canteen on-site was available for delicious patties (but not on Sundays!) as well as Red Stripe at the cheapest price I paid anywhere!
The hotel is conveniently located on a steep hill just above the Hip Strip. As I have orthopaedic challenges, it was great that one could walk out of the hotel restaurant and along a short corrridor to then take an elevator to the shops and restos of the strip. In that sense, I thought the location perfect - away from some of the noise, but very accessible to the "action".

• Stayed June 2012, traveled solo

Been to El Greco Resort? Share your experiences!