I decided to write a second review as my other review was about the credit card scenario and pointed out the "down" side..
Its unfair though of me not to point out what I loved about this resort..so here goes!
Check in: The welcome here goes WAY beyond any welcome which one receives at the other sandal resorts in Jamaica. The friendliness and efficiency of staff, makes you feel "right at home" within five minutes of arriving.
Rooms: We were there for two visits during a three week stay at various sandals. First stop, was a "stopover" for a few nights in a concierge level room. We had the pink ribbons on the door as return guests, and we were in one of the new Kensington concierge suites. This is a lovely room, nice corner jacuzzi tub..lovely!
On our main part of the stay at the latter end of our vacation, we were staying at Butler level. Bigger version of the concierge suite..HUGE Jacuzzi tub, and Butlers Kevon and Hughill are just lovely. In fact..ALL the Butlers at SRC are wonderful. They are a small team there and they work together, we had bad experiences with butlers at other sandals..not at SRC..every one is a darling!
People say “why” book a butler. But let me tell you, having a butler at SRC is like having a fairy godmother 24 hours a day. They make magical precious memories, and it IS worth the extra $$$$$ For example I woke one morning with a huge hangover, I was so hungry and had forgotten to order breakfast, Kevon appeared like magic, at the very right second without me even phoning him.they know your every move, and know your every wish.. you’re the best guys! If you are having a lazy day at the Kensington pool, your Butler will stock a cool box for you with anything you want, we had champagne and red stripe in ours every day..and they will bring you food, cocktails etc on tap whenever, wherever! Its fabulous!
Food: The only meal we were disappointed in was the Thai restaurant, we dont like "function" style food, and it IS a banquet style service, you go over as a mass on the boat, and service is function style..this to me is NOT a la carte dining, and it was as I say the ONLY disappointment we had with food.
Candlelit dinners: Worth every penny! DO IT! We did it several times, and each time just got better and better!
SRC is not a huge glamorous resort. Its small intimate and truly very special. There is not much I can write on here that hasn’t been written before. I would disagree with people saying it was mostly an older crowd, there were lots of young couples there when we were there.
The planes…NOT even remotely an issue!
Beach, small but lovely
The manger and staff are what makes SRC so special. Many on this forum comment on Jeremy Mutton..they are 100% right..he leads a great team and his management skills are reflected on the wonderful team of staff he has.
Compared to the other sandals we visited whilst we were there..Ocho Rios and Whitehouse.. SRC wins hands down every time!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- •7 exquisite dining options, with world-class culinary cuisines.•Only Jamaican resort with a private offshore island, housing an authentic Thai restaurant.•Magnificent, swim-up crystal lagoon suites.•24 hour room service as a part of our concierge service.•English pub offering an authentic pub dining experience.•Voted Sandals “World's Leading All-Inclusive Company” 16 years in a row.•Voted “Caribbean's Leading Hotel Brand” 18 years in a row. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Orbitz, Caribbean Online Mgt Corp. and BookIt.com so you can book your Sandals Royal Caribbean Resort and Private Island reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sandals Royal Caribbean Hotel Montego Bay
- Sandals Royal Caribbean Montego Bay
- Sandals Royal Caribbean Resort Jamaica
- Sandal Royal Caribbean