My Fiancee and I were scared to death after reading the bad reviews SRC had received on Trip Advisor, but we had already booked the vacation. We are delighted to report that Sandals Royal Caribbean exceeded all of our expectations! We chose to have our wedding at Sandals and the beach location was beautiful.
When we first arrived in Jamaica the airport experience left me feeling exhausted and afraid for what lied ahead. The airport is very unorganized and the employees where not very friendly, but I myself am not always a bundle of sunshine at work either. The airport does not have air-conditioning and we waited in line for about an hour going through customs. Be prepared and dress appropriately. The sandals waiting area was not that great either, although my husband was a happy man when they provided beer. They were very organized, but you will feel like cattle being herded into the waiting area and you will be parted from your baggage. Now don't start to get frightened by this review just yet!
Once we arrived at Sandals our glorious vacation began. We had the concierge level (the way to go!) and our guests (the best man and maid of honor) had the least expensive room. Their room was nice but if you can afford the Suite with a balcony looking over the ocean go for it. Our room was beautiful & comfortable.
Get the Butler service! Hughill was amazing and went above and beyond the call of duty making sure we had every need met. He arranged dinners at restaurants we didn't know about, took care of activity arrangements, pressed suits, and anything else you can think of. He would even find us on the beach and bring us our favorite drinks. I had made tuxedo rental arrangements for our wedding before I left home. I forgot the name and number to the rental shop in Ohio and Hughill tracked the shop down for me and arranged a fitting for the groom and best man. When the gift shop closed for the evening and we ran out of cigarettes Hughill offered to go pick a pack up for us from a store off of the resort. He was fantastic!
Brides, this is the way to go! SRC is a has a romantic laid back atmosphere and the wedding coordinators handle everything for you. At first I was nervous because no one really let me know what was going on or what to do, but they were professional and our wedding went smoothly. I actually felt pampered not stressed. We chose a Christian wedding and the minister was also wonderful, although you will have to have a mandatory marriage counseling session. This is basically a sermon and you will get fidgety. Also, force yourself to shell out the big bucks for the pictures and wedding video. We brought our own camera's and video recorder, but ended up purchasing the professional pictures and the video. This you will not regret!
The food was great! I'm a picky eater and they have something for everyone. The alcohol was not watered down. We only saw 2 cats and they didn't seem to bother anyone. Watch out for the crabs! Every night around 12am huge, scary crabs come out from hiding. They scuttle around the walkways and my sister and I literally would run from the pool to our rooms.
Excursions are available and my sister and I decided to go horseback riding. I don't recommend this only because it really hurts. For the land horseback riding you will have a prehistoric saddle. For the ocean riding you will go bareback. Unless you want your private parts to be swollen for the rest of your vacation heed my warning. My husband went on the ATV excursion and had a blast! We all went snorkeling which is free (definitely a plus). This was a lot of fun and we saw a giant sting ray on the ocean floor!
All in all you will not be disappointed! We can't wait to go back!
P.S. If you are a smoker (I know, we are trying to quite too), bring cigarettes with you. They are $6.00 a pack at the resort.
- Also Known As:
- Sandals Royal Caribbean Hotel Montego Bay
- Sandals Royal Caribbean Montego Bay
- Sandals Royal Caribbean
- Sandals Royal Caribbean Hotel
- Sandals Royal Caribbean Resort Jamaica
- Sandal Royal Caribbean
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- •7 exquisite dining options, with world-class culinary cuisines.•Only Jamaican resort with a private offshore island, housing an authentic Thai restaurant.•Magnificent, swim-up crystal lagoon suites.•24 hour room service as a part of our concierge service.•English pub offering an authentic pub dining experience.•Voted Sandals “World's Leading All-Inclusive Company” 16 years in a row.•Voted “Caribbean's Leading Hotel Brand” 18 years in a row. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Expedia, Travelocity, Caribbean Online Mgt Corp., Tingo, Cheap Tickets and Venere so you can book your Sandals Royal Caribbean Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.