We were extremely excited for our honeymoon and were hoping for the time of our life. Instead, we got great service and not so high quality of rooms and facilities. I would stay at Montego Bay instead of here if I decide to go again.
We arrived after a few flight delays around 3:00pm and were quickly whisked away to our room by Joseph (amazing person). We loved Joseph he was always available and willing to do whatever we needed. We were upgraded to a Beachfront Concierge in the Kensington building. We had hoped for a Royal Lux semi private pool room because the rooms were new as of January 1st. The rooms we got had a great view except the furnishings were outdated. We never dared to use the jacuzzi as it was old and dingy. All we used was the shower.
My first disappointment came when we tried to find food and had to settle with the beach grill which served great jerk chicken but nothing else good. The burgers and fries were worse than McDonald's and we won't even eat at there.
Our disappointment's- rooms need renovated, the quality of the restaurants here are poor (at Sandals Montego Bay you must try the Oleander Room and Bayside), The private Island was boring (Thai restaurant was a bad Chinese Restaurant served family style, the beach was small at the private island, and you can only take the boat on the hour so your stuck there). The water sports were not good here (One Hobie Cat, One windsail, no jet skis-no wakeboarding-no parasailing), The beach is really small and the seaweed lines most of the ground under water. Do the Rose Hall shopping tour not the City Centre (only 5 shops and each posed fake Tag Heuer watches and Rolex for $10,000 U.S. money)
Our likings- Joseph (Bellman) and Dwayne in the Cricketeer's Pub and Regency restaurant, The pools were adequate, the activities and entertainment were fun. We enjoyed snorkeling and the Piranha reef was beautiful. The sunsets are amazing here.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- •7 exquisite dining options, with world-class culinary cuisines.•Only Jamaican resort with a private offshore island, housing an authentic Thai restaurant.•Magnificent, swim-up crystal lagoon suites.•24 hour room service as a part of our concierge service.•English pub offering an authentic pub dining experience.•Voted Sandals “World's Leading All-Inclusive Company” 16 years in a row.•Voted “Caribbean's Leading Hotel Brand” 18 years in a row. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Orbitz, Caribbean Online Mgt Corp. and BookIt.com so you can book your Sandals Royal Caribbean Resort and Private Island reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sandals Royal Caribbean Hotel Montego Bay
- Sandals Royal Caribbean Montego Bay
- Sandals Royal Caribbean Resort Jamaica
- Sandal Royal Caribbean