We were married May 27th at Sandals. The wedding was better than expected but the wedding planner Yentil kinda essed things up. She informed us wrong times for appointments and reservation. She wrote down the wrong time for everything on the reminder sheet and never booked the breakfast in bed which was dissapointing since we were starving by the time we realized we werent getting any food!
The room was awesome we had the grnad luxe with a pool view, waring these are NOT the same as the regular grand luxe. We saw them and two fo the buildings are under construction and the rooms are no better if not worse than a motel six room.
The resort was clean and I was impressed with all the workers, they were always cleaning!
The food was good not five star, our favorite was the royal thai and the pavillion (get the steak there) great! oh ya the pub has great fried food
The American alcohol beware most of it is not full strength it is export strength about half I thought that was wierd. I stuck with stuff that was bottled like wine. The water and anything tap like pop made my stomach hurt.
The island is not busy go there during the day. It doesnt look anything like the website haha a little dirty but it was fun.
The beaches were nice, not big but never overly populated We hung out on the two smaller beaches and were usually the only two there
Dont bother with the hip strip if you do go just get the free transfer to sandals in and walk down the street, you wont need a taxi. You willl get hassled. Warning do not shake anyones hand, it is a scam they will put drugs in your hand and then you are stuck with it and you have to pay for it our they will alert the police and you will go to jail. A guy tried to pull it on my husband but luckily we knew about it. Just tell them no and keep walking or act like you dont speak english haha
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- •7 exquisite dining options, with world-class culinary cuisines.•Only Jamaican resort with a private offshore island, housing an authentic Thai restaurant.•Magnificent, swim-up crystal lagoon suites.•24 hour room service as a part of our concierge service.•English pub offering an authentic pub dining experience.•Voted Sandals “World's Leading All-Inclusive Company” 16 years in a row.•Voted “Caribbean's Leading Hotel Brand” 18 years in a row. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Orbitz, Caribbean Online Mgt Corp. and BookIt.com so you can book your Sandals Royal Caribbean Resort and Private Island reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sandals Royal Caribbean Hotel Montego Bay
- Sandals Royal Caribbean Montego Bay
- Sandals Royal Caribbean Resort Jamaica
- Sandal Royal Caribbean