Just got back from 4 days at Sandals Royal Caribbean. The staff, food, property, entertainment...you name it...it was awesome! The bartenders did a great job...no watered down drinks at this resort! Plenty to do, clean resort, beautiful property and a friendly, fun staff! Would return in the future! Being close to the airport was a bonus. If the airplanes flying overhead bother you...get a life. There are only a handful a day that are actually noticeable and the noise lasts for about 10 seconds. Nothing that would wake you up from a nap if you were in your room (now stay at Montego Bay and that's another story!). Plus the planes are a tradeoff, a 10 minute drive to the resort means that you can start your vacation an hour and a half earlier and stay longer on your last day! Really not a big deal.
The private island was cool, although very quiet. The food in the Thai restaurant was great, as was the food in The Regency...and La Jardinier (although we never got to eat outside because there was always a threat of an evening thunderstorm). No biggie, food was worth it! The pizzas were awesome as well.
Overall, we had a great time at this resort. Lots of newlyweds, lots of middle aged couples....just a great mix of people! If I had to choose between RC and Negril....I'd choose RC! Negril was lovely as well but a much longer bus ride....though a great stretch of beach! If you're thinking about Sandals RC, I would definitely recommend it! Wish I could've stayed a day or two longer! Wouldn't hesitate for a second to go back. Oh...and the free upgrade to a concierge room with free WiFi, room service and personal bar was a real plus! Gotta love Sandals!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- •7 exquisite dining options, with world-class culinary cuisines.•Only Jamaican resort with a private offshore island, housing an authentic Thai restaurant.•Magnificent, swim-up crystal lagoon suites.•24 hour room service as a part of our concierge service.•English pub offering an authentic pub dining experience.•Voted Sandals “World's Leading All-Inclusive Company” 16 years in a row.•Voted “Caribbean's Leading Hotel Brand” 18 years in a row. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, BookIt.com, Orbitz, Caribbean Online Mgt Corp., Despegar.com, TripOnline SA and Tingo so you can book your Sandals Royal Caribbean Resort and Private Island reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sandals Royal Caribbean Hotel Montego Bay
- Sandals Royal Caribbean Montego Bay
- Sandals Royal Caribbean Resort Jamaica
- Sandal Royal Caribbean