“What a place for a wedding or honeymoon!” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
$305 Spa or Tour Credit!
Ranked #6 of 63 Hotels in Montego Bay
St. Louis, MO
“What a place for a wedding or honeymoon!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 19, 2013

I am staying at Sandals Royal Caribbean in Montego Bay. My room is amazing! They gave me a conceirge room which I highly reccommend or going one step up to a butler suite. I have a pool, an extremely large balcony that I could have a great gathering if I chose to. Stocked bar, jacuzzi tub, beautiful furnishings. Food has been very tasty!. Great thing about Sandals is the staff is amazing on service. I have free wifi in my room that I can run 3 devices off of! Room service, which I love to use, and they are fast and friendly . Went diving ,which is complementary if you are certified diver. The boat is large and roomy for all the tanks and people. Again they really took great care of making sure everything was done right. Fun pool games and nightly entertainment.
This resort has a really cool private island . You can rent a cabana for the day or have a romantic dinner . Fire pits at night are so romantic to sit around a cuddle with the one you love.

Room Tip: Conceirge level or butler suite you will be so spoiled you won't want to do anything less ever a...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (828)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 19, 2013

We have been to Sandals Royal Caribbean 5 times. We are returning again in August. We love this resort. Have never had any theft problems. Everybody is so friendly. Like family. We very much missed Theon in the pub. Loved seeing Kevin "big bird", Miss Verna, Nicole, Valecia "my girl", Ian and everybody else that makes it special. Can't wait to see everyone again in August!! Got our Silver Sandals in April. Ya Mon!!!

• Stayed April 2013
Mocksville, North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 18, 2013

Just returned from a 6 night stay at this resort. Needless to say we wouldn't change a thing. It was everyhting expected and more. Plenty of opportunity for peaceful relaxation or if partying is your thing plenty of that too. Excellent service from all employees especially Adrian at the beach bar, he will see that you are taken care of. Also, Cleavland, he will go out of his way to accommodate you. Definetly reccommend this resort you won't be disappointed. Can't wait to get back!!

Room Tip: Spend the extra for a beachfront with concierge service.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Rochester, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 17, 2013

As new teachers, we don't have a ton of disposable income, so when we chose to go to a Sandals and really stretch our personal budget, we were expecting to be blown away. Bottom line, this was the best thing we spent our money on and are doing everything we can to save up to go again.

Room: We had a first floor pool walk out with ocean view in the Kensington Building. It was a short walk to the main pool and buildings, and the semi-private hidden pool had beverages stocked there all day so it was a great to relax there when you wanted a day to yourselves. Our room also had room service with food coming mainly from the grill. The food was always hot and great to it. I highly recommend the daily breakfast basket, as it always hit the spot and was a great way to spend the day.

Food: Honestly, I could not tell you one bad thing about the food. I bet there are people that have "higher" tastes out there, but if you are on a great vacation, and around amazing people, isn't that more than enough? That being said the food was great. The Cricket in my opinion had the best food morning to night. It was very classy "pub" food. Plus, for us as a couple, the atmosphere in there is more our style with the noise, and bar jokes, and everything in between. That was our go to place when we had a chance. We had a great steak at the French restaurant, and wanted to go back, but didn't have enough days in the week. Also, DO NOT miss going to Tokyo Joes and the Italian restaurant at SMB, it’s a quick ride and such an amazing meal. During the day, the beach bar was amazing and the new pizza shack that just opened was great as well. Overall, if you find people complaining about the food, they probably weren't going to have a good time no matter what.

Pool/ Beach: The beach had a reef about 1/4 mile out from it, so the beach does not get the waves like you would see in Florida, but the water is nice and calm, water, and full of fish life. This makes the sand a little rougher I guess, but it still is amazing. There are even some trees out there to find some shade, don't miss it! The pool with the swim up bar is the place to be during the day no question. The drinks are great (Dirty Banana, trust me on this) the beer is cold, the water is warm, and the music and games just add to it. Are you a shy person? Well don't be, we met some great people on this trip in the pool and even stay in touch with them.

Entertainment/ Activities: I can not stress this enough, get out of your comfort zone and do EVERYTHING. I mean this is a vacation, with strangers, who are also looking to relax and have fun, so again, DO EVERYTHING!!! The nightly shows were good to great 6 of the 7 nights, only one night were we kind of bored. One night, I think it was the white party night; they had an amazing steel drum band. We were also lucky enough to win a dance competition one night and got VIP lounge tickets to the airport, a VERY nice perk by the way. Snorkeling was tough, so if you are not a strong swimmer, I would not recommend it as it they let the current move you, and some people had a tough time. I however then took the scuba classes, and that was so great I truly don’t have the words to describe it. I have never done anything like it before, and only hope I can again someday. Lastly, we took a tour of the grounds with the head grounds keeper. First off, this place looks amazing from the moment you walk, and we took advantage of meeting him. I feel awful that his name escapes me while I am writing this, but he was such a gentle man, and beyond knowledgeable. Every grass, plant, flower and fruit he knew inside and out. He half climbed a tree so we could try an apple, cut into a rubber tree so we could see it. We were so glad we did that tour, it gave us an even deeper appreciation of the amazing place we were. I would be hard pressed not to mention the AMAZING Playmakers in this section. Theo, Hollywood, Bigbird and on and on and on. Every single one of them gets to know you personally, so much so, that they remembered two of our friends clearly that had been six months earlier. Truly amazing. Also, take advantage of the daily "news paper", that is how and why we did half the things we did.

In closing, this place was great. Truly great. I don't know if we will ever be able to make it back with starting a family and being teachers, and if we don't that’s ok, because this vacation was more then we could have ever asked for.

PS- The airplane noise is NOTHING, people complaining about that on here, well, probably wouldn't be people we would want to hang out with anyway.

Room Tip: Any room with room service, it was just such a nice perk. Rooms you can walk out the beach or pool a...
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
Cheshire, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 17, 2013

We went here for eighteen days for our honeymoon. What a great way to start married life. The people are so friendly, the quality of all the food and drink really is luxurious and the room is just out of this world! Having a butler was a real plus as you can forget about unpacking, making reservations for dinner and planning excursions - everything is done for you. The treatments at Red Lane Spa were wonderful and our entire experience has given 100's of memories. The trip out in the glass bottom boat is a lovely experience, thoroughly recommended. The French restaurant on site produced the most amazing food - we ate here four times across the eighteen days. The entertainment is light hearted and fun, the beach party on Friday night is great: Limbo dancing / fire eating / local entertainers really give you a nice holiday feeling. I would go back tomorrow if I had the chance!

Room Tip: Go for the Romeo and Juliet swim up rooms, they are luxury beyond belief!
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Lee's Summit, Missouri
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 16, 2013

We stayed here in June 2012 and as soon as I graduate from Nursing school we are headed back! I only have wonderful things to say! We stayed in a concierge room over the East pool. We had a wonderful view on the first floor but wanted to move to the third floor. It was not a problem at all they made it happen! Each place we ate at was absolutely wonderful. Just make sure you book reservations in advance, we didn't get to eat everywhere we wanted. Saying that, it was amazing anyway. We did several activities within our resort and didn't have time to do them all...they have so many options!!! We also took the Lover's Rock Cruise that I recommend to everyone! It was one of our favorite parts! We also went to YS Falls and the Black River! The drive there was not so great as I get car sick and did not take medicine before hand. But our driver was super wonderful and helped me so much, We learned a lot about the land and how they take care of things like being "car sick"! Thank you for helping me through the trip! YS Falls was really fun and if I didn't mind the ride, I would go back for sure. You don't have a long drive from the airport but you do hear the airplanes sometimes, but it was not an issue for me, I was too busy enjoying myself to care! I won a dance contest they had one night and got a bottle of RUM!!! I still have it! I can go on and on but I totally recommend this Resort to everyone, they are so super nice and willing to go out of their way to make us feel good! It really feels like a family!

Room Tip: Rooms over the East pool are quieter and have a wonderful view!
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 16, 2013 via mobile

Relaxing on the beach at Sandals Royal Caribbean Montego Bay is just the start of a great vacation. The entire Sandals experience is worth every dollar.
Our stay began with the great service in the Sandals airport lounge. Never handle a bag afterward.
We chose a Butler room and were very pleased. As returning Sandals customers, we were treated to a free room upgrade.
Can't beat a private stairwell to the pool made just for our building.
Food was excellent in most cases although none of the chefs seem to understand "we'll done" beef. Breakfast buffet was awesome, with eggs and omelets made to order. Lunch buffet was standard resort quality. Reservations are required at some of the restaurants for dinner, but not hard to get. French, Thai, Jamaican seafood, international were all great. Took a ten minute shuttle ride to the other Sandals MB resort for Italian. Great too. Stone fired pizza by the beach was a special treat. Great taste.
Entertainment has some good nights and some so-so nights, but wrapped up every night at the piano bar for a rousing singalong with staff and other guests. David Murray, the piano player is fantastic, and staff members Hollywood, Theo and Chico provided tons of laughs.
Beaches are clean, wait service on beach is good. You are never more than 100 ft. from a bar on both the main beach or the two beaches on the island.
Private Island has a clothing optional beach on the back side that gets great breezes, has good sun and fair snorkeling. Used it daily with no issues such as, looky loos or over attentive staff.
Overall this is a stellar resort and I will be happy to return in the future.

• Stayed May 2013