We just come back from our stay at this Sandals property. As usual with Sandals we were not in the least disappointed with the experience. From the moment we arrived at the airport and relaxed for a bit at their lounge, till the moment we were bid farewell, we have nothing but praise for this resort, specially (as many others noted) to their wonderful staff.
The "no problem man", is what you get. They go out of their way to please you, and with smiles....
This was our first experience using the butler service, and our deepest gratitude goes to Ellis and Hughill, that made our trip, much more enjoyable, perfect in every way! The reservations for dinner, the surprises left at our room, our favorite spots at the beach and pool ready every morning... even arranging a whole lunch with conch dishes, not available in the menu for being out of season. We had a swim up suite at the bottom floor of the Buckingham building, the best of the three sections of the Crystal lagoon (in my opinion), far enough from the noise to make it a perfect spot for relaxation.
So yes, fantastic for us, now my advice to others reading about terrible time and ruined vacations.
Please do your homework! Yes... read the description of the rooms, location and amenities, be aware that planes flight over, not often and not at night... may be 6/7 a day for 15, 20 sec of noise. If planes flying over would ruin your vacation, then do not book a resort next to an airport.
Poor nightly entertainment? It's resort staff and local attractions, if you want to see Celine Dion , go to Vegas!
Rooms and service, why you complain not to be treated the same or having top notch rooms, if you do NOT pay for them? Do you complain that first class passengers on a plane are treated better than you flying economy? Book a cheap room, hoping to be upgraded to get there and not happening, must be reason to "complain", not to have alcohol in your room, even if equipped with a full bar, did you pay for concierge or butler service, that includes the service?
It honestly bothers me the negative reviews, that people leave about their "disappointment", when it's clear it was their own fault (lack of research). Also they seem to be some travelers never happy (based on other of their reviews). So pay attention to the the happy ones and ignore the negatives, but keep on mind that of course at times things happen, that could affect your own experience, but I trust the Sandals staff to do all on their power to help correct it, nothing is perfect in life, but the Royal Caribbean and their staff, are at a 99%! Enjoy!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- •7 exquisite dining options, with world-class culinary cuisines.•Only Jamaican resort with a private offshore island, housing an authentic Thai restaurant.•Magnificent, swim-up crystal lagoon suites.•24 hour room service as a part of our concierge service.•English pub offering an authentic pub dining experience.•Voted Sandals “World's Leading All-Inclusive Company” 16 years in a row.•Voted “Caribbean's Leading Hotel Brand” 18 years in a row. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, BookIt.com, Orbitz, Caribbean Online Mgt Corp., Despegar.com, TripOnline SA, Travelocity, Expedia and Tingo so you can book your Sandals Royal Caribbean Resort and Private Island reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sandals Royal Caribbean Hotel Montego Bay
- Sandals Royal Caribbean Montego Bay
- Sandals Royal Caribbean Resort Jamaica
- Sandal Royal Caribbean