“Very good stay” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Coyaba Beach Resort

Save Saved
You added Coyaba Beach Resort to your Saves list
Coyaba Beach Resort
4.0 of 5 Resort (All-Inclusive)   |   A1 | Rose Hall Main Road, Montego Bay 000, Jamaica   |
Ranked #17 of 63 hotels in Montego Bay
Stone Mountain, Georgia
“Very good stay”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 6 days ago NEW

I enjoyed my stay at the Coyaba Beach Resort, the staff was extremely helpful and friendly and treated us like family, my room was comfortable and easy access to the calming beach on the property. Very quite, relaxing and calming

• Stayed August 2014, traveled as a couple

491 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (103)
  • Greek first
Birmingham
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

Usual 3 day/2 night stay whilst on business. Check-in was swift with a cold flannel and fruit punch. Room was amazing as expected from previous reviews. Food was substandard... A shame because this what let's anyone down.. Food in my eyes are a key component to any holiday. Small friendly hotel with friendly staff.

• Stayed August 2014
Connecticut
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

Peaceful, beautiful small but adequate property. Friendly & helpful staff. Flawless rooms, well kept grounds, calm & swimable beach, no time constraints on the kayaks and available hook-ups for my hammock.No wild night life, although our domino games might've been a bit loud at times. Unscheduled accommodations provided to disabled friends was much appreciated. "Never fear~Richard is Here!" KUDOS to All Staff - Hugs for Richard! Transport to Hip Strip-reasonable $25 for 4 of us. Daily complimentary Tea-Time was nice way to sample foods. Pool, hot tub & beach were nicely maintained. Without a doubt, you WILL relax here! No elevators. I loved the high ceiling in rm 218, the view, arrangements.. Everything!

• Stayed August 2014
Derby, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

Myself and my partner had 10 days here at the start of August with Thomson Holidays on an All Inclusive basis. We are frequent long haul travellers and have visited many destinations with several airlines / tour operators.

The hotel was very nice with good facilities and a jetty which was an excellent feature to see marine life.The food was excellent and really well presented being plated a la carte as opposed to buffet service. The hotel is not a traditional all inclusive hotel and so this made the food of better quality. The restaurant staff bent over backwards to provide vegetarian meals and alternatives from the menu if we desired-superb!

Most of the staff were very friendly. The best staff we encountered who were polite, genuine and professional were Richard (the porter), Barbara (bar), Barry (restaurant) and O'Neill (restaurant and bar). Some but few of the other staff did not appear as happy in their jobs as these exceptional characters who really our holiday enjoyable. The rep Jackiee was also excellent and very friendly.

The hotel is well situated and in my opinion is much more preferable than the much bigger rival hotels next door that offer buffet service and is rammed with people.

Overall the holiday was excellent but let down by the tour operator Thomson who we found to be unprofessional and well below our expectations in line with other companies. If you go to this hotel I would strongly recommend going with Virgin or another operator instead as the extra cost really would make the difference. In short the flight was extremely poor and not up to standard and equipped for long haul. The service provided from cabin crew as well of the food fell well short. Drinks have to be paid for on the flight and there was only one very poor meal and a snack. In comparison with Emirates, Virgin and Sri Lankan airlines they have not got a clue to be honest and I was embarrassed for them. Please do not be fooled by the premium class seats that appear to be a gimmick and are not comparable to other airlines who are experienced with long haul and what level of service should come as standard.

The other negative was that the cabin crew were allowed to stay over at the hotel before flying home and clearly stood out like a sore thumb. They were loud and unprofessional and kind of took over the place which at other times was very quiet and pleasant and much more civilised. This would be unheard of for other travel operators to do this and allow their staff to portray their company in this negative light. Overall we dreaded the flight home and wished we had used Virgin despite being on the 'Dreamliner' where the lights were like a disco and the windows kept being dimmed and relit with duty free goods being rammed down your throat making us feel ill.

Overall a fantastic holiday and very relaxing hotel with overall superb staff but very disappointed with Thomson who I will never use again even if considerably cheaper than rivals.

Room Tip: We had a studio room that was excellent-it could not be faulted.
  • Stayed August 2014, traveled with family
Washington DC, District of Columbia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

This was a nice little hotel, good location, nice stretch of beach (though small).

The staff were a mixed bag. The reception staff were very nice, as was the bell man. The restaurant staff were ok, not rude, just a bit indifferent I guess.

The food selection was a bit of mixed bag too, some nice options, and at times some rather boring options. The food wasn't particularly cheap either.

All in all, it was a nice stay, and something different to staying in the big resorts. My room was really nice as well!

• Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
Philadelphia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 weeks ago

This July I had the opportunity to revisit Coyaba for eight nights, my ninth visit! Over the years, I have traveled with my best friend and with family; this trip was a combibnation of both. And I can say with certainty, that I'm already looking forward to the next stay!
The staff is warm and and friendly, greets us on arrival like old friends--if I started naming everyone, this review would have no end--from management and the front desk, bar and restaurant staff, the gift shop, house keeping and grounds men: everyone takes exquisite care of the guests as well as of the resort.
I particularly enjoy the all-inclusive option; the food and drinks are excellent, the menus wonderfully varied--and, of course, I know my costs up front. Again, everyone is accomodating, remembers me and my "favorites."
Even though the resort was completely full several of the nights during our stay, there was always a sense of quiet and privacy, as much as needed. There was always room on the beach, at the pool or in the restaurants. By request, our favorite room was waiting for us, and each morning, I watched the sun rise over the beach from our deck--the best therapy in the world!
Coyaba is a gem: I hope to return again and again, and hopefully for longer next trip. Definitely my "Happy Place!"

Room Tip: For the best view, choose an upper floor with a view of the water; for easy access, take the ground...
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled with friends
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 weeks ago

We recently stayed here for a 3 day holiday and thoroughly enjoyed our stay. Positives included: plentiful and filling breakfast, helpful staff, spacious, clean rooms and a balcony with enviable views of the beach, a friendly atmosphere, well kept gardens and a relaxing private beach.

Negatives included: a gym with no air con (which resulted in a very sweaty work out), a particular sarcastic waiter at breakfast with a slight attitude, being far from the main tourist strip of Montego Bay and overpriced hotel taxis.

However, I believe the positives outweigh the negatives and I would definitely recommend this hotel.

Stayed August 2014

Been to Coyaba Beach Resort? Share your experiences!