Just back from a week stay at Coyaba Beach
Some mixed feelings about this hotel!
+ private, near to the airport
- next to main road A1 , quite some noise of the traffic, even on the beach!
- need a rental car or taxi to go anywhere
+ private , very less waves due to reef in front of the hotel
- not a nice sea to swim , saw not much people swimiming in
- MOSQUITOS and sand flies bite you all over
+ good bed, very clean
- small bathroom , very hot when you take a shower because the airco is only working in the room
- safe with a key you have to take care off
+ breakfast ok, lots a la carte choise
+ lunch at the pool area ok for a pizza or a burger , jerk chicken or a grilled fish but not everyday the same quality on preparing
+ diner , as a real Belgian -foodie some mixed ideas, Sometimes had a nice plate but also several times lesser and cold food. Quite certain lot is prepared in advance so if you come later ( after 8 oclock) you have the chance your food is not warm anymore or juicy anymore ( chicken, shrimps...)
Red wine should also be served much colder. Bottles of the house wine are put on the bar instead of cooled somewhere. So the wine takes the temperature of the environment which is at least 10° C too much for red wine.
clean but small
not all that friendly and quite visable who of the guests were tipping
didn't had the feeling that I was in Jamaica in the hotel due to the location
Went for a 2 day trip to Negril where you have a splendid beach with crystal blue water and seeing Jamaica passing in front of your beachchair (vendors , rasta's...)
If you're looking for a beachfront small boutique hotel, satisfied with a swim in the pool and going after diner directly to your room this hotel will please