“Will go again!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Coyaba Beach Resort

Save Saved
You added Coyaba Beach Resort to your Saves list
Coyaba Beach Resort
4.0 of 5 Resort (All-Inclusive)   |   A1 | Rose Hall Main Road, Montego Bay 000, Jamaica   |
Ranked #17 of 63 hotels in Montego Bay
“Will go again!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 12, 2013 via mobile

The staff knew my name by the third day, knew my drink too, relaxed and friendly atmosphere. I don't understand why people didn't think it was wonderful unless you want to be entertained 24-7 (there are not lots of extra activities as i have seen at other all inclusives). My husband and I just wanted to relax, unwind and enjoy! Couldn't have asked for a better place for that!
My husband has celiac disease and is gluten free. Every waiter and chef were made aware and pointed out by management and they knew what was bad for him and made accommodations on each of his meals as needed. We were impressed!
We went on a groupon, but will go again if we cannot find another.

• Stayed February 2013

492 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (103)
  • Greek first
Florida
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 5, 2013

I want to be fair..The people staying at the Coyaba seemed to enjoy it more than we did. That could be due to their expectations being met, where mine weren't.
I like to leave the property and wander. That's difficult if staying at the Coyaba. There is no beach to wander down, stopping at interesting places for a drink or a meal. If leaving by the front gate you are on a main highway with most things being far away...save for Scotchies a half mile away.
The 'official' taxi cost $25 each way to go 15 minutes to the 'Hip Strip', with some restaurants being a $70 round trip. I found that I could get a taxi off the street for 40% less for our return, but you don't have this option leaving.
This is also not a resort where you will find tropical 'tall' drinks. When I asked the bartender to make me something tall with rum I was told I could have either a rum and Coke, or a rum and Ting (Ting is the same as Squirt or Mountain Dew). I could also have a pre-made rum punch poured from a jug in the bar's refrigerator. When the drink came (rum and Ting) it was in a glass about an inch taller than a business card stood on it's side.
If staying on resort is what you want, eating at the 'seafood night', or the 'Island Night', and laying by the nice small pool and small beach is what you're after, then the Coyaba is for you. If you're adventurous and prone to wander off property then you won't enjoy your stay.
The staff is friendly and competent. There are no elevators, although that was fine for us. Breakfast and meals are Ok...nothing special. If walking offsite, turn left out of the gate. There's more to see. Better yet, rent a car. If you call any of the airport agencies they'll come out and pick you up, saving the taxi fare.
The Coyaba is also used by airline crews, probably due to it's proximity to the airport which is about 10 minutes away.

Room Tip: Ocean Junior Suites are not all facing the ocean, although you will have some view to the water. If...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Kingston, Saint Andrew, Jamaica
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 1, 2013

my stay here was for a weekend and just concluded. I loved it here and hosts are very friendly. great hotel view, very quiet and intimate . I would definately go back. pros: room with excellent ocean view and decor, staff, environment. cons: food is to expensive and drinks also for eg a rum punch is $8

Room Tip: ocean deluxe rooms
Boston, MA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 31, 2013

We just got back from a week at Coyaba and loved it ! Genuinely nice, humourous and good natured staff all over the resort. Gladstone thank you for supplying us with cold Red Stripes and Gin and Tonics. Markey and Dwight thank you for getting the kayaks ready (and the hobie but it got too windy). We enjoyed great food and met some lovely people. We left the resort for one day only and went to Negril which I did not like, although the drive there is interesting. If we had had more energy we would have headed to the Blue Mountains and Ochos Rios but it was so relaxing that we didnt have the oomph to leave the resort. We had a great froom (313) and I would recommend the 3rd floor for the view, the breeze and reduce noise from the pool area (there was not much noise at all actually). There are three restaurants to chose from and we enjoyed lunch at the pool every day (jerk chicken, bbq chicken wings, wraps, salads etc). You also have the option of more formal dinner at the Main Dining room or the Polo Lounge (more relaxed). Coyaba goes out of its way to create a low key, relaxed and welcoming environment with great attention to detail. Not over the top or pretentious. I would recommend it to anyone wanting a quiet get away. Michael in the Spa is an excellent masseuse. Thanks all at Coyaba.

Room Tip: 3rd floor beach side
New York City, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 28, 2013

went to Coyaba for a quick weekend away this winter and had a lovely time! Small resort, pretty quiet, beautiful setting on the beach. There were a few families with kids, but mostly adult couples. The staff were all incredibly fun and friendly! The food was a 7 out of 10. good but not the best Ive had on vacation. Definitely do the all inclusive route if you go here! The a la carte prices are spendy, but the all inclusive is great!

Room Tip: no elevator, so only pick a higher floor room if you feel like walking up. we chose one on the 3rd...
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 24, 2013

I just came back from my third visit to Coyaba and absolutely loved it. My favourite part about the hotel is the tranquility and the beauty of the grounds. After two weeks there, I feel totally relaxed. A big plus for me was that the wifi connection improved since my last stay and wifi is accessible now around the property and not only in the lobby. The one point which makes Coyaba truly different is their great staff and after a few days they will all know you and your preferences.

I will definately be back to Jamaica and Coyaba!!!

Room Tip: Ask for an ocean facing room
East Hampton, Connecticut
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 22, 2013

We just returned from our anniversary trip to our favorite Jamaican resort..
We were warmly welcomed and given cool towels and a delicious rum punch- a wonderful way to begin a relaxing vacation.

We feel that the resort is so special and well loved because of the employees--- those who work behind the scenes in the kitchens, the hard working gardeners,the beach staff, the housekeepers and the many others who do not directly interact with the guests.
Of course, we must also give credit to those with whom we had more frequent interaction:; Richard ,the smiling, friendly, helpful bellman, the front desk staff, and the servers and bartenders. This time we had the usual exemplary service from Gabi and Kamisha, Darlton, Marco and Barbara . We would be remisss in not mentioning the ever present, attentive and friendly Francois, the consumate "face" of Coyaba and manager of this Jamaican " home.".

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to Coyaba Beach Resort? Share your experiences!