“You have to visit JAMAICA!!!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Sunset Beach Resort, Spa & Water Park

You added Sunset Beach Resort, Spa & Water Park to your Saves list
Sunset Beach Resort, Spa & Water Park
3.5 of 5 Resort (All-Inclusive)   |   Montego Freeport Peninsula | PO Box 1168, Montego Bay, Jamaica   |
Ranked #20 of 63 Hotels in Montego Bay
“You have to visit JAMAICA!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed yesterday NEW via mobile

From the people to the food, the courtesy we had it was an amazing experience. My boyfriend and I visited this Gem Sunset Beach Resort for my bday wkend (4/22-4/27), I booked everything through Liberty Travel. The price? Can't beat that!!! ($1900 all inclusive), so they did got us a great deal. They pick us up @ the airport and also drop us off. But above all the relaxing time we spent there we'll never forget, the people were friendly, the food, yes including the jerk chicken hehe was great, we had breakfast, lunch, dinner, and I can't say we had a bad moment. We met people from Canada, England, US. I only spend $50 on souvenirs, we kept it inside (didn't do outside tours) that was the whole idea!Let the pictures speak by itself... We can't wait to comeback this time with the whole fam. Hope Libert Travel get us another great package:) (i wish it would of let me post many more pics :(... Only could add 10 sorry!)

Stayed April 2015, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (979)
  • Polish first
Alberta, Canada

Well,

We just got home from Sunset Beach in beautiful Montego Bay last night, and I have to say, it's a little bitter-sweet for my family and I. To describe this resort as incredible, doesn't quite seem to do it justice.

From the time we arrived in Montego Bay, to the moment we left, we were treated amazingly. The staff at this resort BEND OVER BACKWARDS to make sure that you are treated well, and that anything you need is taken care of.

We stepped off our private 15 passenger van provided by Reggae Tours (Ill review them in a seperate review), and the charismatic and friendly Coswayne greeted us with a big smile and a refreshing rum punch. We then headed over to the front desk, where check in was smooth and fast! After heading upstairs to our nice sized, clean and comfortable 7th floor room in Sunrise "A" tower, we went down and had something to eat from the Banana Walk buffet. The food was plentiful, and delicious! Everything we ate at the resort was followed by "WOW, that was GOOD!!" We only ate at one a la carte, mainly because our 2 toddlers. infant, and 3 young kids prefer instant eating instead of being waited on.

The following week was spent either on the beach, snorkelling, looking at the sea creatures, and playing in the sand, or at the incredible water park, riding the slides and floating along the lazy river. The evening entertainment was always excellent as the entertainment staff do a PHENOMINAL job! After reading about Marshalee in several reviews I made it a personal mission to seek her out and say Hi! She is awesome!! She loved our 9 month old baby boy, and made a point to stop and play with him every time she saw us!!

I could go on and on, naming all the staff that did an exceptional job, but it would take days to write the review! The staff truly do make the resort a wonderful place to stay (even the Hotel Manager told me so!!)

We travelled with 12 people (my Wife and I, our 6 kids aged 10, 8, 7, 3, 2, and 9 months, and my Wife's family) and not one of us had anything major to complain about!!

If you are looking for a resort that has something for everyone, you simply MUST STAY HERE. An incredible resort, run by amazing staff, in the most beautiful country in the world!!

We love you Sunset Beach, Thank you for everything!!

The Johnson/Gathercole Family
Aaron (28) Amii (Can't tell you) Madison (10) Sydney (8) Taylor (7) Hannah (3) Knox (2) and West (9 months)

The Macpherson/Vair Family
Karen, Bill, Lauryn, Colin

Stayed May 25 - June 01 2015

Room Tip: We stayed on floors 7 and 9 (2 sets of adjoining rooms) in tower A , they all had a view of the bay.
  • Stayed May 2015, traveled with family
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed yesterday NEW

Love it - Just returned from Sunset Beach, what a great hotel, staff very helpful and polite. I was a bit apprenhensive after reading other reviews but the room was very large and clean and the bed was huge and so comfortable. The buffet provided so much to chose from I failed to see how anyone could not find something they would enjoy. I can't comment on the restaurants chinese, Indian or Italian as we did not get round to booking them! The entertainment staff were excellent, very friendly and did their best to include everyone without being overbearing, also there were some very good entertainers that came in the evenings.
I would stay here again and I don't usually go back to a hotel twice as I like new experiences.
The only thing I can say and it is only a slight down side is that the hotel is a bit cut off a taxi is needed if you want to go into town but there is so much going on at the hotel you don't really need to go into town at all!

Room Tip: Ocean view is well worth the extra for a fantastic view
  • Stayed May 2015, traveled as a couple
Rochdale, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed yesterday NEW

The best holiday to date. A fantastic family resort with wonderful helpful staff and fantastic food, just home and already looking to book my return visit next year.
The hotel is clean and the staff cannot do enough to make sure that you enjoy your stay, lots to see and do and no hard sell to take part on holiday extra's.

Room Tip: Great for families of all ages
  • Stayed May 2015, traveled with family
Manchester, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 days ago NEW

Where do I start? Me and my family had an absolutely wonderful holiday experience at The Sunset Beach Resort, Spa and Waterpark, Montego Bay, Jamaica in December 2012, January 2013.

When we arrived at the Resort after over 12 hours of travelling we were very kindly greeted by staff members who were already standing with the complementary refreshments. We were checked into the Resort in an extremely efficient manner and were then guided to our rooms.

The rooms we stayed in were very modernised and were cleaned to high standards everyday! The maids did great jobs of maintaining the hotels cleaning and hygiene standards. The meals and restaurants that were open and available to us throughout our two week stay were defiantly above average! The main buffet restaurant always had a variety of different tropical foods available and also the other cultured restaurants had the most magnificent foods I have ever seen! Also the main bar in the lobby was open till late so were could sit and enjoy a nice quite drink in the evening before departing back to our rooms. The entertainment throughout the day and evening was just brilliant. Our best experience was the New Years Eve celebrations! We experienced a wonderful buffet meal, with live music and entertainment throughout the night. This was when I got the opportunity to play in the live steel band group, as did many others!

The pools and the waterpark that are on site are very clean so I had no worries when it came to hygiene. There was always lifeguards on duty so monitor the waterslides and the other pool facilities! Not only was the waterpark ace, but the beach water sports were top notch too! We went on boat trips out to sea and observed the sea life, and the snorkelling experiences were fab too! However I do have to mention the beach staff. We was on the beach everyday, where my sister who was a toddler at this time played in the sand and the sea and my other sister and I went freely to the waterpark. The lifeguard Takira was extremely friendly and fond of my sister Ciara. She was an incredibly friendly lady, as was all the other members of staff and always made sure we had the perfect spot for Ciara to play as she was only a baby at the time.

Jamaica has some lovely places to visit, and one of the hotel tour guides befriended us. He was called Alberto. He provided us with cheap and safe trips around Montego Bay and Negril. We got to go on a boat along the Black River where we experienced Alligators and watched the boat driver feed them! We also went to Negril Beach. The longest in Jamaica of 7 miles, and also then went to a local Jamaican pub called 'Rick's Cafe' where adults could have a drink, and children could go in the pool, and go in the sea and also get to jump of extremely high rocks into the gorgeous blue sea! I have never seen the sea so blue, clear and warm! This is where I befriend some Jamaican boys who thought me how to jump off all the rocks into the sea! We had a blast!

By the end of our holiday at the resort we didn't want to leave! As this being our second time to Jamaica, Montego Bay I defiantly preferred and enjoyed the The Sunset Beach Resort, Spa and Waterpark than the first hotel resort we stayed in! I would definitely recomend this resort! Especially for families and young groups looking for some adventures!

We hope to be back to Jamaica soon!

Ainsley Francis 9A

• Stayed December 2014, traveled with family
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 days ago NEW via mobile

The visit was awesome the service was great.one of my best vacation stops and love every moment of it thanks to bartenders,ent.cordinators,front desk agents for making it the outstanding exerience ever.mr dwight findley you very outgoing and helpful..thank you see u guys soon.

Stayed April 2015, traveled with friends
Greater London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 days ago NEW

My friends and I stayed at this hotel for the first time from the 8-18th march 2015. We were present during Britjam week though we were not solely present for that. Sunset beach was a great place for families, single people and couples as there were always activities taking place on the grounds.

My favorite feature of the hotel was the private beach and free activities that took place on the water which was exciting. if we did not feel like walking down the beach we found pleasure relaxing on the sunbeds next to lazy river which is the hotel's water park with slides and inflatable dingys that you can relax in as the wave pulls you along.
Lazy river follows the theme of pirates which we also got the pleasure of watching the children from the resort's kids club dress up as pirates and follow a Jamaican marching band this was great to see as the children looked like they had lots of fun and would make me consider bringing my son for a day when we return to Jamaica in August.

The drinks were endless at the bar my favorite being strawberry daiquiri and the bartenders were very friendly.

Evenings at sunset woyuld boast alot of entertainment for all ages. The outdoor dinners were the best.

The food was ok at sunset some of the more traditional Ja dinners and breakfast was a bit bland in terms of seasoning and spice but i guess there is a range of people that have to be catered for. some meals though were better than others.

Information desk staff are helpful and professional we were able to make an international call when our travel agent did not make a name change on our booking.

The cleaning staff were very friendly and kept the rooms at a great standard.

I would stay here again.

Room Tip: wifi works better in foyer
  • Stayed March 2015, traveled with friends

Been to Sunset Beach Resort, Spa & Water Park? Share your experiences!