I was impressed by this hotel for value for money - to be honest we were 2 Brit girls on search of an adventure whilst in New York so we jumped on a flight to Montego Bay and booked the Sunset Hotel to check out montego bay and then spent 4 nights in Negril to ensure we saw as much as Jamaica as poss.
The hotel was super clean, staff were friendly and welcoming but i dont think they can go as far as calling the hotel a 'spa' ! i had a facial and it was pretty old school and basic but nice none the less!
The entertainment was average - perfect for young families but i think it was a bit lame for adults we just consumed strong drinks and went to bed to make the most of the days.
The private beach was STUNNING and activity wise in the day theres lots to do. We went on a day trip to mystic mountain and was promised a lunch at the sister hotel which er never happened but instead we got a cheeseburger! The tour guide Patrice seemed like she was fed up and wanted to go home but luckily we had a great group and made the most of the day, it was a nice opportunity to meet other people on vacation.
Overall food was nice, beach was beautiful, we always got a sunbed, staff were friendly, rooms were spacious safe and clean.
The hotel could improve its entertainment and communication to let people whats going on when, it could offer wifi for the whole complex instead of only at the reception and it could provide a cocktail menu!!
IF you're looking for a chilax then this is the place to go but i would recommend staying in both montego bay and negril to get the best of beautiful jamaica!
- Also Known As:
- Sunset Beach Hotel
- Sunset Beach Resort Spa
- Sunset Beach Resort Jamaica
- Sunset Beach Resort
- Sunset Beach Jamaica
- Sunset Beach Resort & Spa
- Sunset Beach Montego Bay
- Sunset Beach Resort Montego Bay
- Sunset Beach Resort Spa Montego Bay
- Sunset Beach Resort And Spa Jamaica
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Consists of two 10-story Sunrise and Sunset Towers. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity, Expedia, Booking.com, BookIt.com, Orbitz, Caribbean Online Mgt Corp., Tingo, Venere, Priceline, Hotels.com and Otel so you can book your Sunset Beach Resort, Spa & Water Park reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.