“Great and safe beach” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #4 of 19 Attractions in Montego Bay
Type: Beaches, Cultural
Activities: Sunbathing, Swimming
More attraction details
Owner description: Five miles of pure white sand and crystal clear water have made this beach a popular destination for tourists and families.
Roscoe, Illinois
8 attraction reviews
“Great and safe beach”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 21, 2013

Great sand beach, safe, not too crowded unless cruise ships are in port. Water gets nice and deep a bit further out and they have a really fun water trampoline. Restaurant and chair/umbrella rental

Providence, Rhode Island
82 attraction reviews
“Best swimming water”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2013

The water was perfect for swimming I could get myself out of it until lunch.
Had lunch their I love their jerk chicken rice and beans my favorite
Went right back to swim until I went shopping,love the India linen dresses I end up with 5 love the cool feeling of that material.

Tennessee
4 attraction reviews
“Beautiful, safe and calm”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2013

Visited Doctor's cave Beach last week with my husband and two teen boys. For less than $40 we got snorkeling gear, an umbrella and entrance to a secure, calm beach. There were very few people there and ti was not crowded at all. The beach is white sand and turquoise blue water, just what we were looking for. We have visited Jamaica before and knew that a private beach is what we wanted for this day trip so we had no issue paying a small fee to get in. The facilities were nice and very clean with staff that was helpful and friendly. The restaurant was steps away from the water and servers came around taking our order if we did not want to leave our umbrella. There was security and serenity so we were definitely satisfied. There was a small reef to snorkel around/above and the water was calm and clear. No persons harassing you to buy anything, no dirty beach and no long trek to questionable bathrooms. Definitely will return here when we visit Jamaica again!

Shanahoe
30 attraction reviews
“Give me a break”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 16, 2013

You have to pay to use a beach. Get real. This is a nice beach but we have already paid enough money to get to the carribean without being charged to step on to the sand. Yes the facilities are nice but we have already paid enough. In addition, the beach closes early. Can you believe that?? A beach that closes?????? There are two public beaches up the road with no charge. No security either. The nearer of the two is the safer.

3 attraction reviews
“Beautiful and Calm Beach”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 15, 2013

I absolutely loved Doctor's Cave Beach! The calm caribbean waters here are perfect for swimming and floating. I enjoyed not being bothered by people trying to sale me something while I was there. I was able to leave my belongings on the beach and not worry about them being stolen. I was able to enjoy the sun and ocean in peace the entire afternoon. The restaurants there are great too. I enjoyed a virgin mango daiquiri while being there......it was great!! I also loved the small fee you pay to get in......its only $5US. I definitely recommend this beach during your stay in Montego Bay. I definitely plan on returning in the near future!