“cornwall beach” 5 of 5 stars

and up
Ranked #7 of 19 Attractions in Montego Bay
Type: Beaches, Outdoors
More attraction details
Owner description: If you don't mind the crowds, the pure white sands and the calm warm waters of this beach will make you forget your worries.
Carlsbad, New Mexico
“cornwall beach”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 4, 2013

We have went to Cornwall beach EVERYTIME we have went to Jamaica. OH MY GOSH......Do not miss it....Great GREAT clear water. LOVE LOVE LOVE IT......

Visited July 2012

New York City, New York
3 attraction reviews
“Irie Mon Beach Break - FY67 (@ Royal Caribbean)”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 25, 2013

exact Google map location: 18.48851,-77.928887

was slightly overcrowded and noisy due to to constant dance music and beach activities. Shore line is rather short. $89 looks pricy to me. I am not interested in free drinks at all. But I am cruising for sun and emerald sea water of the Caribbean. Sun I can get on ship deck, the water only at shore excursions. So, here I got what I wanted. Super nice water (!) and did not care about the rest!

Originally I booked Negril Beach Express - FYB4 ($ 39 good price for Just a beach), but they cancelled it few days before the cruise.

Visited March 2013
Des Moines, Iowa
21 attraction reviews
“Fun in the Sun with a lot of Rum!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 24, 2013

On March 20th, a group of us on spring break with high school seniors and their younger siblings hit Cornwall Beach through an excursion (Irie Mon Beach Party) booked through Royal Caribbean's Navigator of the Seas. Leaving Falmouth, we drove to Cornwall Beach on a nice air conditioned tour bus. It took about 45 minutes to and hour to get there. Once we got there, we staked our claim to some beach chairs, paid $6 for an umbrella and started to have fun. For $89 per person, there was a bar that provided as much beer and mixed drinks you could handle. They also served really good barbeque chicken, coleslaw, fruit, etc. I think I ate a pound of the chicken it was so good. They had some organized games that kept everyone entertained as well. A word of caution regarding this excursion. While the drinking age is 21, they served pretty much anyone who wanted to drink. As such, you need to keep a close eye on your high schoolers to ensure they don't over do it if you allow them to drink. Overall, it was a great time and a good experience for our group.

Visited March 2013
Jamaica
8 attraction reviews
“Blue waters, lovely beach, service on the beach by Joan fabulous”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 18, 2013

I have lived in Jamaica for 36 years and never visited Cornwall Beach. However on Thursday last week I went with my two daughters for a few hours. It was just wonderful. You can order
lounge chairs and an umbrella at the entrance. We parked ourselves near the waters edge
which was blue by the way and a lovely smiling waitress called Joan came and asked if we
wanted something to drink. 3 Catamaran's came to the waters edge while we were there
which was quite exciting watching everyone having a great time. i watched this with
delight as the staff danced with the tourists and everyone was having a wonderful time.
If you wanted to be on your own and swim you just walked up the beach a little and you could
swim in the beautiful blue water. At lunch time Joan the waitress came back with her smiling face and asked if we wanted lunch. I had a burger and fries which was home made and
absolutely fabulous I cannot wait to go back and have another one. This was such a lovely happy day I would encourage anyone visiting Jamaica to come here you will have a lovely time.
Dulcia
Kingston
Jamaica

Visited February 2013
St. Louis, MO
“Rude Service, Not Worth the Money”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 18, 2013

We did the Irie Mon beach party for $90 a person and didn’t enjoy it at all. First of all you are only there for about 4 hours to drink your feel. Second they only leave the food out for about 45 minutes to eat and then they put it all up. Third it was very crowded. Fourth they had 2 boats carrying about 60 passengers dock just after lunch which took up every more space, view of the ocean, and use of activities. Fifth the servers had attitudes and didn’t want to server you. And lastly and most importantly, they ran out of beer. I would not recommend this excursion and not sure I would even go back to Jamaica.

Visited February 2013