“I LOVE this place!” 5 of 5 stars

952 3171
Website
Improve this listing
Ranked #10 of 90 Restaurants in Montego Bay
Good for: Families with children, Large groups, Doing business, Local cuisine, Special occasions, Entertaining clients, Dining on a budget
Miami, Florida
“I LOVE this place!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 3, 2013

Whenever I'm in Mo bay, I make it a point of duty to visit Pelican. On my last visit, I had cornmeal porridge and then my main dish was callaloo with fried dumpling, white yam and green banana. It was delicious--as usual. 5 Stars. I'll be back again. That is all.

Visited October 2013

Montego Bay, Saint James, Jamaica
“The best Jamaican food in mobay”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 11, 2013

Pelican is a place u can eat once a month or once a year or once a week and nothing changes.I always bring my friends here when they are visiting as the food the service are consistently good and value for money

• Visited July 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Suffolk, Virginia, United States
“Awesome”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 10, 2013

I go here everythime I travel to Jamaica. The VERY BEST value around. A very wide variety menu, deliciously prepared, and super great service.

Visited August 2013
London, U.K.
“great service and food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 8, 2013

Traditional Jamaican food,very generous portions. Staff friendly, parking outside and tv with sports at bar area

Visited September 2013
Ohio
“Great lobster!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 7, 2013

We took a break from our all inclusive buffet and headed to the Pelican for lobster dinners one evening. The Pelican was recommended by our resort the Royal Decameron Montego Beach's excursion desk. The nice lade at the excursion desk arranged everything for us. The Pelican provides free transportation from local resorts which is a big plus. Mr. Brooks their driver picked us up and delivered us back to the resort with no problem and was a very nice man. I ordered a broiled lobster dinner and the hubby ordered a curried lobster dinner. To my surprise I got two nice size lobster tails served with rice and peas, vegetables and garlic butter on the side. The hubby got a dish filled with big lobster chunks in a yummy curry cause with rice and vegetables. Dinner and a tip for our driver was about $100 us which was about exactly what I was expecting to pay. Dinner was very good. The atmosphere of the restaurant was nice but nothing super romantic. There was a pretty fish tank by the entry and the room was full of cozy booths. When we first entered the restaurant I knew the food would be good as most of the patrons were Jamaican. When I mentioned this to our driver Mr. Brooks he said lots of Jamaicans dine there for the Jamaican food. When in Montego Bay give the Pelican a try for great lobster and Jamaican food too!

• Visited September 2013