“Great lobster!” 5 of 5 stars

Gloucester Ave, Miranda Hill, Montego Bay, Jamaica
952 3171
Update restaurant details
Ranked #8 of 67 restaurants in Montego Bay
Good for: Families with children, Large groups, Doing business, Local cuisine, Special occasions, Entertaining clients, Dining on a budget
Ohio
“Great lobster!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 7, 2013

We took a break from our all inclusive buffet and headed to the Pelican for lobster dinners one evening. The Pelican was recommended by our resort the Royal Decameron Montego Beach's excursion desk. The nice lade at the excursion desk arranged everything for us. The Pelican provides free transportation from local resorts which is a big plus. Mr. Brooks their driver picked us up and delivered us back to the resort with no problem and was a very nice man. I ordered a broiled lobster dinner and the hubby ordered a curried lobster dinner. To my surprise I got two nice size lobster tails served with rice and peas, vegetables and garlic butter on the side. The hubby got a dish filled with big lobster chunks in a yummy curry cause with rice and vegetables. Dinner and a tip for our driver was about $100 us which was about exactly what I was expecting to pay. Dinner was very good. The atmosphere of the restaurant was nice but nothing super romantic. There was a pretty fish tank by the entry and the room was full of cozy booths. When we first entered the restaurant I knew the food would be good as most of the patrons were Jamaican. When I mentioned this to our driver Mr. Brooks he said lots of Jamaicans dine there for the Jamaican food. When in Montego Bay give the Pelican a try for great lobster and Jamaican food too!

• Visited September 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

76% Recommend
“CHOCOLATE JUMBO MALT MILKSHAKE”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 19, 2013

YOU HAVE TO TRY THEIR CHOCOLATE JUMBO MALT MILKSHAKE!!! Their milkshakes are so nice, the food is good especially the fried fish (fish and chips). Good mashed potato aswell, nice staff abit pricey but a nice treat

• Visited October 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
jamaica
“My favorite restaurant!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 1, 2013

I have been eating at the Pelican from the restaurant was named the coffe shop and i have never had a bad experience there. The staff are great and the food and drinks are always tasty.

Newcastle upon Tyne, United Kingdom
“meal for 4 at The Pelican”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 24, 2013

Enjoyable meal, good menu at reasonable prices. Mix of local Jamaican dishes and old favourites. Suitable for all ages and Nationalities.

Jersey City
“Great Oxtail Dish and Free Wifi”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 21, 2013

I had the oxtails and some plantain. My friends and I had several different dishes off their menu and we all cleaned our plates. The food was great and they offer free wifi. It is a short walk down the street from the Royal Decameron.