“"Jerk Chicken" The Chef must have been tired!!! Waste of $$$!!!” 3 of 5 stars

Gloucester Ave, Miranda Hill, Montego Bay, Jamaica
952 3171
Update restaurant details
Ranked #8 of 67 restaurants in Montego Bay
Good for: Families with children, Large groups, Doing business, Local cuisine, Special occasions, Entertaining clients, Dining on a budget
Delaware
“"Jerk Chicken" The Chef must have been tired!!! Waste of $$$!!!”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 16, 2013

So my Fiancé and I stopped by to get some Jerk chicken to go… we both agreed that the chicken was not properly prepared, it just tasted burnt and we were unable to eat it. Total waste of money! We had to drive back out to get some real food. Never again!! The only time we will be going anywhere near this “PELICAN” place is when we drive by!

• Visited August 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food

76% Recommend
Greensboro, North Carolina
“Delicious”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2013

Awesome food and great vibes. You are in the middle of all the action and the Pelican adds much to the fun of Montego Bay. The ambiance is kook mon, and the staff nice and irie!

Visited August 2013
“Overpriced Diner Food”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 7, 2013

Love Love Love their milkshakes. Probably one of the few places in MoBay you can get a chocolate milkshake. Their dishes are a overpriced and you can get better local jamaican food at some cookshops on the road. Mostly the elite and upper-class jamaicans dine here.

Visited September 2012
JJBenn, Owner at Pelican, responded to this review, August 11, 2013
I am happy that you enjoyed our milkshakes but am most surprised that you feel “Overpriced Diner Food” would attract “mostly the elite and upper-class Jamaicans” Over the past fifty years our observation has been that we appeal to a wide cross-section of society and I am sure many of our customers will get a big kick out of how you have described them.
“Absolutely brilliant! From a chef!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 6, 2013 via mobile

So glad I went here before reading the reviews so I will have my say too. I have been in Montego Bay for 15 days and eat breakfast here every day and dinner here every few days. The staff are lovely and professional...big up Dalton! The service is fantastic, the decor is great and appropriate for the age of this restaurant. Love the fabric wall hangings capturing the heart of Jamaica. This place in full of Jamaicans which is always a good sign. I cannot fault the service! Now the food...the best scrambled eggs in the world! And great coffee. I am a chef from Sydney, Australia and have nothing but praises for the whole team, floor staff and kitchen. Dinner is great, the jerk chicken salad is tasty and very filling and fresh ingredients! Service is efficient and overall great value for money. Love the tunes they play, great mix of reggae and international artists. Thank you Pelican! Great job...heading there tonight for dinner again!

• Visited August 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Toronto, Canada
“Excellent food ,service and ambience”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 26, 2013

I would like to commend all at the Pelican Grill for the most delectable meals , excellent service ,and cleanliness of the restaurant. The staff is always neatly dressed, greets you with a smile, prompt courteous service....A favorite for many locals and visitors. In all my years of using
The Pelican for feeding my passengers I have not had one complaint. Several years have gone by but The Pelican Grill 's food and service have remained "TOPS". Thank You Pelican

• Visited July 2013