“Good Hospitality, Poor Service” 2 of 5 stars
Review of Williams Guest Houses

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Kingston
Williams Guest Houses
Save Saved
You added Williams Guest Houses to your Saves list
52 Hope Road | 52-54 Hope Rd, Kingston, Jamaica   |
Ranked #4 of 22 Hotels in Kingston
Bermuda
“Good Hospitality, Poor Service”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 5, 2010

We stayed at William Guest Houses over this past Christmas break. The Apartment was charming, but too overpriced for what it really was. There was the occasional Roach, and rarely proper running water. Each day our group was forced to catch water in little basins provided and get a glorified "soldier bath". For the price being charged, you would be comfortable to stay at a hotel.

• Stayed December 2009

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room Tips
Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 18, 2009

My husband and I stayed at Mr Williams Liguanea apartment for 2 nights (2 & 3 Nov)
Prior to that I had been liaising with Mr Williams for about a year trying my luck to stay at the Kingsgate complex - located right next to the Bob Marley museum (my sole purpose for the Kingston visit)
Staying at the Liguanea apartment was no disappointment. The complex has 24 hour security and a live in housekeeper.
Our apartment was clean, spacious and serviced daily. There's free cable, wifi, aircon in the bedrooms and a swimming pool in the garden area. Each entry/exit point of the apartment has security padlocked doors - adding to the feel of security.
Besides the apartment, Mr Crafton himself is very approachable and offers tour packages. We took a Kingston tour package - covering Port Royal, Jablum coffee factory, Kingston town tour (Emancipation Park), Tuff Gong Studios & Bob Marley Museum (10 mins from Liguanea) amongst other small stop overs. He organized a trusty driver - Mikey, who arrived early and stayed as late as we needed.
Cost was US$250 for the tour package and US$80 a night for the en-suite room. The apartment has two bedrooms and you can choose to share or have the other room locked and utilize one room only, like we did.
Overall we had a really good experience which was made possible by dealing with the right people in town with the local know how - who namely was Mr Crafton Williams.
Highly recommended.

• Stayed November 2009, traveled as a couple
Cayman Islands
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 21, 2009

Mr. Williams, was very hospibitable to me provided assistance as I needed during my short stay in Kingston. The Guest House was very clean and the staff were friendly and outgoing people.

I truly appreciated all the kindness he gave to me. I would recommend Mr. Crafton Williams Guest House to anyone visiting Kington for business or pleasure.

Thank you Sir for your kindness.

God bless.

Carl King

• Stayed September 2009, traveled on business
new york
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2008

Mr. Williams really made me and husband feel at home in his wonderful property that's located on hope road. This place is bashy! (a word that means clean, and up to date) and it was very convenient because it was closed to everything. Thank you so much for making us feel at home.

-Ms. Gayle

• Liked — I love the fact that it was clean and fresh.
  • Disliked — The housekeeper
  • Stayed April 2008, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 5 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Purfleet, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 15, 2008

I stayed at one of the properties managed by Crafton Williams in Liguanea Avenue and had a really enjoyable stay. Crafton himself was superb, friendly and helpful but always professional. The location of the property is excellent, not far from the centre of Kingston and close to a good supermarket, bank - and a Juici Patties. The property is spaciuos with an air conditioned en suite bedroom with hot water. The crowning glory is the garden. It is beautifully maintained and has lush tropical vegetation - with a swimming pool in one corner! Crafton employs friendly hard working staff and the property has 24 hour security. I would definitely stay at one of Crafton's places again.

Simon, London

• Liked — The garden
  • Disliked — Nothing
  • Stayed May 2008, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 3 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
california
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 15, 2008

Mr. Williams was a professional man. I enjoyed my stay at his guest house anytime! He was there to greet me and also offered to have a pick up at the airport. the maid was very nice and kept everything in order. thank you Mr. willaims. Michele

Stayed February 2008
London
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 16, 2007

I contacted Williams Guest House directly. I found them to very efficient in handling our accomodation requirements . A JUTA driver was arranged for our use with out obligation on our arrival.

The accomodation lived up to expectations. We felt secure , completely at home and our house keeper was very nice .

I will certainly be recommending this guest house to my friends and family.

P Burrell
London, England

• Liked — Location
  • Disliked — n/a
  • Stayed November 2007, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 4 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)

Been to Williams Guest Houses? Share your experiences!